Woo Audio WA-8
May 4, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #646 of 838
Hi Guys, how do I purchase WA8? I use PayPal on WooAudio website but my credit card is not charged and no emails were sent to me. How do you guys purchase it?

May 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #647 of 838
I would give them a ring or email them to see if they got your order. Mike and Jack are very responsive to both.

May 4, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #649 of 838
Hi Guys, how do I purchase WA8? I use PayPal on WooAudio website but my credit card is not charged and no emails were sent to me. How do you guys purchase it?
@HiFiGuy528 is the guy you want to talk to.

May 4, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #650 of 838
@dawktah2 Sorry I've not been able to quote or reply to anything successfully since the update.

I'm not referring to the tubes that are pre-installed. Woo has on their website that user-swappable tube kits will be available soon. Wanted to know how soon 'soon' is!

May 5, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #651 of 838
Ot: mm...is dawktah = doctor? If so, you can afford it, doc. Lol!

Life is too short to deprive yourself of (supply the name and brand).

I know right, like I was telling drbobbybones I have a 4.5 year old daughter I keep all my gear locked up. I just keep remembering this commercial

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #652 of 838
I know right, like I was telling drbobbybones I have a 4.5 year old daughter I keep all my gear locked up. I just keep remembering this commercial

I hear ya. I have a 5 and a 2 year old and I make sure to keep them away from my hi-fi equipment. It feels like a full time job.

I would love to see some new tube rolling options. Would be a lot of fun to change sound signatures as we see fit.

May 7, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #654 of 838
I pulled out my PM-3, I don't think I've used this combo in a quiet environment, huge improvement over HA-2. Low end is so rich and warm. Bass guitar you can hear strings differently...

May 9, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #655 of 838
I pulled out my PM-3, I don't think I've used this combo in a quiet environment, huge improvement over HA-2. Low end is so rich and warm. Bass guitar you can hear strings differently...
Yeah, I just sold my PM-3's. They're great cans for the money, but they were getting no head time because of my other cans.

But yeah, the WA8 does tend to make almost every headphone I have sound very very good.

May 9, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #656 of 838
Mm..tube-rolling not possible, even if available. Warranty reasons. There's a warranty sticker covering one of the screw holes. Unless Woo Audio amends the policy.

There is #2 HEX screw on the back near the center of the unit, not covered by anything. Unscrew it and the glass window can be removed for tubes servicing. Tube rolling and replacement stock tube kits will be available later in the year. Stay tuned!

The website uses Pay Pal as the payment gateway. It opens a new web browser when you add an item to cart. Payment can be any major credit card or Pay Pal. email info@wooaudio.com if you still have problem.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #657 of 838
Just received my WA8, great dac/amp! Drives HD650 and T1 beautifully. However, I have two questions,
1. When power off and charging, does the led on the device blink like other electronic devices? I don't see it blinking and I have no idea of if it is charging.
2. How do you connect to Shanling M1? I made a Type B to Micro USB female cable to connect to USB-C otg cable, M1 is able to see the device but there is no sound coming out of WA8. Can you help me with it?
Thank you guys.

May 10, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #658 of 838
Just received my WA8, great dac/amp! Drives HD650 and T1 beautifully. However, I have two questions,
1. When power off and charging, does the led on the device blink like other electronic devices? I don't see it blinking and I have no idea of if it is charging.
2. How do you connect to Shanling M1? I made a Type B to Micro USB female cable to connect to USB-C otg cable, M1 is able to see the device but there is no sound coming out of WA8. Can you help me with it?
Thank you guys.

1. Mine doesn't either so I would assume not.
  2. The Shangling M1 doesn't support OTG so there isn't a way to output through the USB port. Only option is to use an AUX cable.

May 10, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #659 of 838
  1. Mine doesn't either so I would assume not.
  2. The Shangling M1 doesn't support OTG so there isn't a way to output through the USB port. Only option is to use an AUX cable.
I use M1 to Mojo all the time. There is a USB-C OTG to micro USB. What I do not understand is why USB-C OTG -> Micro USB female -> USB B male does not work?

I made another micro USB OTG -> USB B -> WA8 from Fiio X7 and it works. I do not know why but when WA8 power adapter is plugged in, sometimes X7 would halt and no response. Can someone help?

May 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #660 of 838
I kind of solved the problem. On Shanling M1, I have to turn the volume to maximum to be able to hear the music from WA8. Both DoP and D2P behaves the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back