Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 18, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #256 of 588
Hmmm. Have you tried a different usb cable?

Other ideas I have are motherboard bus lane bandwidth conflicts, but I don't think you're having that issue. Does it happen if the V850 is the only device plugged into the usb port? i.e. no mouse, keyboard, microphone, etc.

In any event, I would suggest contacting Violectric support directly. They're the experts after all.

I doubt the culprit to be the USB cable. While it's being plugged in it was not touched at all, but after a computer reboot it won't recognize again. 
Yes it always get it's dedicated port. 

I am hoping to get Violectric's attention on it via head-fi, as some other users are experiencing same issue.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #259 of 588
I will get back to this but I don't have too much time now. The V850 to me is a level above the HUGO dac. I like both but V850+V281+HE100 is richer and preciser than Hugo + V281 + HE1000

Ultrainferno In general, and specifically paired with the HEK, would you consider it significant enough of a step-up to upgrade a Hugo also paired with the V281?

Just curious about it since, when it initially came out, some people, and some reviews, were saying that the Hugo could give the Auralic Vega, and some other desktop DACs, a run for their money :)

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #261 of 588
Ultrainferno In general, and specifically paired with the HEK, would you consider it significant enough of a step-up to upgrade a Hugo also paired with the V281?

Just curious about it since, when it initially came out, some people, and some reviews, were saying that the Hugo could give the Auralic Vega, and some other desktop DACs, a run for their money :)

Hey, thanks for bringing this up again, I'm also still breaking my head about that. Hugo is alright, but I'm not super happy with it, and the V850 would be such a nice match with my V281 (at least visually). :)
I just don't have a lot of experience with different DACs and don't know to which degree they will indeed sound different.
Concerning Hugo/V250, we'll probably have to find out for ourselves, though, because comparisons are indeed few and far between.

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #262 of 588
13713 So it would be a waste having a V850 with the remote control option then, as it would not really be ideal to use the V850's volume control, instead of volume control on the V281. Did I understand that correctly?

phonomat unfortunately, that seems to be the case. Hopefully, somebody who has extensive experience with both DACs would be kind enough to share their impressions...

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #263 of 588
@Miste3rLao

You could check out Lievens rieview at Headfonia (if u havent yet). It might be interesting since he has the HUGO/Alo CDM/Ressonessence Labs and more.

http://www.headfonia.com/review-violectric-v850-improved-successor/

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #264 of 588
13713 So it would be a waste having a V850 with the remote control option then, as it would not really be ideal to use the V850's volume control, instead of volume control on the V281. Did I understand that correctly

I wouldn't say waste. It is something I chose not to pay extra for as I picked up the V281 with the beefed use volume control and remote. For me it did not make sense in my setup to have 2 separate remote units in the same stack. I go with 80-90% maxed source volume to 100% max DAC volume to whatever at the amp.

I have no hard science or facts to why I do that. I just always have.

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #266 of 588
Being from Violectric, would the V850 have any advantage in terms of synergy paired with the V281 over others? For those who've tried both, would it be inferior or comparable to a Auralic Vega/V281 combo? :)

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #267 of 588
Being from Violectric, would the V850 have any advantage in terms of synergy paired with the V281 over others? For those who've tried both, would it be inferior or comparable to a Auralic Vega/V281 combo?
smily_headphones1.gif

Very little discussion regarding this Dac and comparisons to other similarly priced units.

Anyone have recent and extensive experience to share on performance including amps its paired with?

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #269 of 588
Does anyone feed their v850 with a hi-res DAP using a coaxial cable?  Any observations or feedback on how that works for you?

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #270 of 588
I don't have the V850 but why would it not work unless the coax out is really bad and not isolated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back