TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 27, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #17,716 of 24,683
Still waiting for my Hunters, I doubt they've been dispatched yet. Had an exchange with Jake, yet nothing has come to fruition too. Better yet, I live in Singapore, and shipping here takes forever. Shot Kieran an email, and he didn't reply either. Should've cancelled when I had the chance, really. I've gone from supportive and patient to just being disappointed and done with the delays.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #17,717 of 24,683
Still waiting for my Hunters, I doubt they've been dispatched yet. Had an exchange with Jake, yet nothing has come to fruition too. Better yet, I live in Singapore, and shipping here takes forever. Shot Kieran an email, and he didn't reply either. Should've cancelled when I had the chance, really. I've gone from supportive and patient to just being disappointed and done with the delays.

In singapore too - I've not received my masters order, let alone my PM6 or air.

Like you I've tried to remain optimistic even with all the criticism - but seeing how some others in the world have gotten all their orders and I not even the masters which was supposedly shipped early April, it's rather disappointing.

May 28, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #17,718 of 24,683
I don't understand why they stopped selling the Delta II. After comparing the Delta I with the Master, it becomes clear just how fantastic the company's first IEMs were. The Delta was lightweight, comfortable, and sounded extremely good on all frequencies. I am going to keep testing the Master vs. Delta I, and may even purchase some LZ A4 (or Icarus IV, sigh) to really nail-down my perfect IEM under $200, but seriously, the Delta was a game changer and it is sad to see 'em go.

Yeah, it's pretty mystifying to me that they thought it would be somehow palatable to most people to just have their order for a unique product (the Delta) unilaterally changed to a different product (the Masters) with no real explanation or choice. Just sheer incompetence

May 28, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #17,719 of 24,683
Yeah, it's pretty mystifying to me that they thought it would be somehow palatable to most people to just have their order for a unique product (the Delta) unilaterally changed to a different product (the Masters) with no real explanation or choice. Just sheer incompetence
Before I was exasperated and now I'm beyond that... simply nonplussed in disbelief. I recommended the atlas delta to so many people. A bunch of them cancelled their orders before any of this news fed up with inconsistencies and protracted delays.

The master is definitely not necessarily better than what the atlas delta could have been especially for people like me who want better controlled upper frequencies and a smaller housing.

It's another debacle if u ask me.

May 28, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #17,720 of 24,683
All the Atlas Deltas’ will be upgraded to Masters’, we are just waiting for more stock to arrive.
For those still waiting, I've seen the above post, and another where the poster was quoted 3 week wait for more Masters to arrive.
If they knew that they had massive orders, why didn't they have more made to satisfy demand? There seem to be quite a few people still waiting on Master deliveries, let alone the other models, so are they all going to have to wait another 3 weeks before shipping commences again? So much for "adding more in-stock inventory".
Still no definitive answer on whether the Delta is shipping - I've asked but got no reply. The last update said "we are finalising" but does this mean that they will actually ship Delta or the forced "upgrade" to Master?
So many things still unclear, and communication, despite the apologies and acknowledgment that "we haven't been remotely brilliant" (an understatement if ever..) doesn't seem to have improved.
How many people are still waiting on Master? Have you been given any positive news?
Edit: if that's when the next batch of Master arrive, maybe that's when the first batch of Icarus III will be shipped?? Same manufacturer I am assuming.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #17,721 of 24,683
I don't understand why they stopped selling the Delta II. After comparing the Delta I with the Master, it becomes clear just how fantastic the company's first IEMs were. The Delta was lightweight, comfortable, and sounded extremely good on all frequencies. I am going to keep testing the Master vs. Delta I, and may even purchase some LZ A4 (or Icarus IV, sigh) to really nail-down my perfect IEM under $200, but seriously, the Delta was a game changer and it is sad to see 'em go.
Yeah, I don't get it either. My only complaint would be the Delta V2 was too large for the type of shell it was. The OG Delta was about as large as I wanted any sort of barrel-style IEM; V2 was significantly larger than OG. I have no doubt they could put those same internals into something about 2/3 the size of the Icarus III shell. Ideally, if they decided over-ear was the way to go (seeing as basically all their IEMs are these days), I'm sure they could put a single dynamic driver and a BA into a shell shaped like a 2/3-scale Icarus III, but as thin as the Sabre or Vyrus shells. If they did that with the Delta V2, it would be their flagship bread and butter model just above the Hyperion and Vyrus. Everything above that price bracket starts getting into the ever-smaller niche markets the higher you go up the price ladder. Those higher rungs are great for showcasing the absolute limits of what you're capable of, but sub-$150 is where I feel the mainstream flagship needs to be; mainstream flagship being the top end of where most consumers will stop looking. I'd wager 70%+ don't really wanna spend more than $100 on an IEM seeing as most people are content with the earbuds that came with their phones.

May 28, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #17,722 of 24,683
but sub-$150 is where I feel the mainstream flagship needs to be;
Especially since the days of the pre-orders are over. The Hyperion looks slightly overpriced at £49, the Vyrus maybe OK at £79, but a nice compact hybrid in the size and style of the Vyrus (should be possible, Sony have done it) priced at say £99 would surely sell very well, based on the almost unanimously positive impressions of the V2 sound.
Presumably the weakness of the British pound has contributed to higher prices, but also makes overseas sales more attractive.
The Master might struggle at £159 based on impressions so far, and obviously the PM6 and Hunter are aiming at a whole different market. Everyone (including me) is tempted by the Icarus', but only at pre-order pricing. Not tempted at retail.
So, going forwards, a "bread and butter" hybrid for £99, established quality sound signature, with the new cable system and filters should be a big seller.

May 28, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #17,723 of 24,683

Most probably you will get this:

"We are shipping all Master 6 and Hunter orders as we speak, we will notify you once yours is shipped"

May 28, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #17,726 of 24,683
It appears with the way deliveries are going, they are currently building the IEM's(Hunter and Master 6) and shipping a few at a time. I am guessing the production run is not fully completed. The deliveries are trickling into people in all geographic locations.

As for Atlas-Delta that looks to a product production placed on hold-maybe indefinitely??

Master -even knowing the numbers they needed to produce to fulfill pre-orders; they did not appear to order a large enough quantity. Seems strange again.
Trinity is repeating the same error over and over.

May 28, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #17,728 of 24,683
Yeah, I don't get it either. My only complaint would be the Delta V2 was too large for the type of shell it was. The OG Delta was about as large as I wanted any sort of barrel-style IEM; V2 was significantly larger than OG. I have no doubt they could put those same internals into something about 2/3 the size of the Icarus III shell. Ideally, if they decided over-ear was the way to go (seeing as basically all their IEMs are these days), I'm sure they could put a single dynamic driver and a BA into a shell shaped like a 2/3-scale Icarus III, but as thin as the Sabre or Vyrus shells. If they did that with the Delta V2, it would be their flagship bread and butter model just above the Hyperion and Vyrus. Everything above that price bracket starts getting into the ever-smaller niche markets the higher you go up the price ladder. Those higher rungs are great for showcasing the absolute limits of what you're capable of, but sub-$150 is where I feel the mainstream flagship needs to be; mainstream flagship being the top end of where most consumers will stop looking. I'd wager 70%+ don't really wanna spend more than $100 on an IEM seeing as most people are content with the earbuds that came with their phones.

Especially since the days of the pre-orders are over. The Hyperion looks slightly overpriced at £49, the Vyrus maybe OK at £79, but a nice compact hybrid in the size and style of the Vyrus (should be possible, Sony have done it) priced at say £99 would surely sell very well, based on the almost unanimously positive impressions of the V2 sound.
Presumably the weakness of the British pound has contributed to higher prices, but also makes overseas sales more attractive.
The Master might struggle at £159 based on impressions so far, and obviously the PM6 and Hunter are aiming at a whole different market. Everyone (including me) is tempted by the Icarus', but only at pre-order pricing. Not tempted at retail.
So, going forwards, a "bread and butter" hybrid for £99, established quality sound signature, with the new cable system and filters should be a big seller.

I completely agree.... If I'm going to get a TOTL or higher end model, I want something finely tuned and fitting to my preferences as exactly as possible rather than a filtered system, but I would always be looking for an IEM with the qualities you guys stated above that did integrate an interchangeable filtering system. I feel at that price point you can get a level of quality that does provide a "wow" and high enough level of musicality that can impress and bring something nice to the table, which I feel the Delta vII was able to accomplish... in terms of sound and could have even been perfected further...

And you put an agreeable sound signature like you say, and you got something that can dominate that price point or at least establish a secure presence there.

And the Delta series was pretty well developed by the Delta vII. I didn't feel a lot of tweaking had to go into it, and I would have been completely happy with the casing and cables being upgraded as they were. And if the DD's were upgraded, you had a significant improvement from that.

It appears with the way deliveries are going, they are currently building the IEM's(Hunter and Master 6) and shipping a few at a time. I am guessing the production run is not fully completed. The deliveries are trickling into people in all geographic locations.

As for Atlas-Delta that looks to a product production placed on hold-maybe indefinitely??

Master -even knowing the numbers they needed to produce to fulfill pre-orders; they did not appear to order a large enough quantity. Seems strange again.
Trinity is repeating the same error over and over.

We basically have BOB absent from the thread during changes that require communication he apologized for not having early, which tells me that even the apologies were merely a strategy to mitigate the problems caused by his errors and miscommunication earlier.

We heard that a "vast majority" of AD's had been shipped out with the last batch requiring replacement by the masters only to hear that all AD's are replaced by the Master's by Kieran. Either Kieran is misinformed, or it is yet another set of misinformation by BOB. Maybe they had to recall all of the AD's and now they don't want to admit the extent of the QC problems so as to not further tarnish their reputation... Any of these situations would result in BOB having to admit the problems losing further confidence by its consumers and damaging its reputation or result in misinformation to avoid what is going on... so why not avoid communication that would only make things worse, I guess. But if they came on and told us the truth I think the honesty would have been appreciated, but it may be too late for that to be effective.

May 28, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #17,729 of 24,683

In singapore too - I've not received my masters order, let alone my PM6 or air.

Like you I've tried to remain optimistic even with all the criticism - but seeing how some others in the world have gotten all their orders and I not even the masters which was supposedly shipped early April, it's rather disappointing.

Most probably you will get this:

"We are shipping all Master 6 and Hunter orders as we speak, we will notify you once yours is shipped"

An update from me for the Singapore folks, I sent Kieran an email last saturday and got a response 3 days after saying he'd ship them out on the day(which he did, according to my tracking(23rd)).
I got a call from a courier in Singapore this saturday, my hunters are supposedly here, but they are pending customs clearance(been here since 25,and courier called me only on the 27 as they had to get my contact number from him).
As the iems are >400 sgd, they are liable for GST before they can be released which the courier will be processing and charging me thereafter.
The IEMS were sent direct from UK to Singapore ( I did pay for expedited/tracked shipping, though)

I'd say give him a while and email him again in a bit if he doesn't respond, he is probably swamped but is doing his best, imo.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #17,730 of 24,683
With all of the comments about how exceptional the Delta II is, I would be interested to know how it compares to the Vyrus 2. Or if it does.

Still enjoy listening to my Atlas. For me it seems to sound better than my Master is some respects.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back