TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Jun 13, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #1,040 of 1,582
I received my free Hyperions today here in Kansas. Thanks Trinity. I already had a pair, now my wife does(I couldn't very well justify keeping a backup set, especially as the Icarus IV is on the way. So "Look what I got you honey!") They are great little iem s. Build, sound, isolation. Sure can't beat the price.

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #1,041 of 1,582
I received my free Hyperions today here in Kansas. Thanks Trinity. I already had a pair, now my wife does(I couldn't very well justify keeping a backup set, especially as the Icarus IV is on the way. So "Look what I got you honey!") They are great little iem s. Build, sound, isolation. Sure can't beat the price.

Did you get a shipping notice before it showed up? I should be getting a free set myself, but I thought they'd ship with the Icarus IV.

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,042 of 1,582
Did you get a shipping notice before it showed up? I should be getting a free set myself, but I thought they'd ship with the Icarus IV.

It says "will ship upon order" on the discount page, and people have been getting them sporadically, so it seems clear that they're shipping as they receive the orders, not with the Icarus IV. It makes sense, tide people over with the Hyperions until the IV rolls out. The only problem is that the IV has to actually roll out for that to work. And probably in less than 12 months. Lol

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #1,044 of 1,582
Ok update. I have spent 8 hours straight with the PM6. Quick dirty summary. I like them but they are not "perfect" in the sense of ending my search for an IEM that does it all. I wanted to believe more drivers can do more but also am completely aware more is not always better. I don't know if I am treble sensitive but I just do have good hearing and do not like sharp piercing uncontrolled or hot treble. So here are my findings so far:

Pros:

-Not heavy.
-Comfortable for long sessions.
-Slightly tip dependent but not by a lot.
-They have great detail - you will pull info with them out of songs quite easily.
-They have great separation.
-They are very, very resolving. <Notice I said resolving twice.
-They have great imaging.
-They have great depth.
-They have great height.
-They are very transparent.
-They have great dimensional ability if the music is recorded as such.
-They have great clarity (to a point see cons).
-They have good bass but not bass cannons (I like this-others may not).
-Filters make a difference but some are slight changes and some leave you desiring for something in between.
-Some songs sound amazing and clean and pure, some not even with the most treble rolled off filter.
-For the discounted price they are keepers with limitations though.
-0% distortion at any level
-Can crank at high levels and everything is still balanced.
-Bass is clean and tight and never sloppy,
-Bass never overrides the midrange.

Cons:

-They are very dependent on the filter to get them sounding maybe what you want per artist/song and when you find it, it still may leave you desiring something treble wise.
-Some songs will be so hot and untamed in the treble that you can't listen to the song and have to skip it or just turn on the EQ if you really want to listen through the song. Some may cry blasphemy some will say no big deal.

-The only filters that really tame the treble are the ones with the white filter. I initially thought the Gunmetal was ideal but after going back and forth with the Gold unfiltered I realized the Gunmetal is quite a few decibels lower. I had to keep adjusting the volume to get it back to match the Gold unfiltered. The Gunmetal is close but no cigar. It veils the highs too much I feel. You lose the sparkle and clarity.

-Now the Gold unfiltered is not perfect either. They give you more clarity and detail the Gunmetal will not but depending on the song again I vary on liking them. Some songs are not listenable and others that I love so much I have to turn on the EQ and reduce 1k-9k~12k about 2-3db in a smooth upside down U curve. Then they are just on the edge of just right where it's acceptable (at least for me).

This is just my stupid opinion, of course your impressions may/will vary.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #1,045 of 1,582
Ok update. I have spent 8 hours straight with the PM6. Quick dirty summary. I like them but they are not "perfect" in the sense of ending my search for an IEM that does it all. I wanted to believe more drivers can do more but also am completely aware more is not always better. I don't know if I am treble sensitive but I just do have good hearing and do not like sharp piercing uncontrolled or hot treble. So here are my findings so far:

Pros:

-Not heavy.
-Comfortable for long sessions.
-Slightly tip dependent but not by a lot.
-They have great detail - you will pull info with them out of songs quite easily.
-They have great separation.
-They are very, very resolving. <Notice I said resolving twice.
-They have great imaging.
-They have great depth.
-They have great height.
-They are very transparent.
-They have great dimensional ability if the music is recorded as such.
-They have great clarity (to a point see cons).
-They have good bass but not bass cannons (I like this-others may not).
-Filters make a difference but some are slight changes and some leave you desiring for something in between.
-Some songs sound amazing and clean and pure, some not even with the most treble rolled off filter.
-For the discounted price they are keepers with limitations though.
-0% distortion at any level
-Can crank at high levels and everything is still balanced.
-Bass is clean and tight and never sloppy,
-Bass never overrides the midrange.

Cons:

-They are very dependent on the filter to get them sounding maybe what you want per artist/song and when you find it, it still may leave you desiring something treble wise.
-Some songs will be so hot and untamed in the treble that you can't listen to the song and have to skip it or just turn on the EQ if you really want to listen through the song. Some may cry blasphemy some will say no big deal.

-The only filters that really tame the treble are the ones with the white filter. I initially thought the Gunmetal was ideal but after going back and forth with the Gold unfiltered I realized the Gunmetal is quite a few decibels lower. I had to keep adjusting the volume to get it back to match the Gold unfiltered. The Gunmetal is close but no cigar. It veils the highs too much I feel. You lose the sparkle and clarity.

-Now the Gold unfiltered is not perfect either. They give you more clarity and detail the Gunmetal will not but depending on the song again I vary on liking them. Some songs are not listenable and others that I love so much I have to turn on the EQ and reduce 1k-9k~12k about 2-3db in a smooth upside down U curve. Then they are just on the edge of just right where it's acceptable (at least for me).

This is just my stupid opinion, of course your impressions may/will vary.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the lengthy review. Never know , maybe TA might take on board your feedback and try developing a filter to help. Fingers crossed .

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,047 of 1,582
The Icarus III sale goes off tomorrow. Does anyone know when the Icarus IV pre order sale ends? Also wondering what the final Icarus IV price, with pre order discount, is in $ dollars? Thanks.

Mine was $161, but I'm sure it depends on the current exchange rate between GBP and USD which means it will vary one way or the other by a few dollars. You can always check the current exchange rate for the discounted price of 120 GBP.

As far as when the sale ends... Well, it started on the 18th of May and was set to go 30 days. So, it is probably technically over or over very soon. However, people using codes for previous sales have been able to get the discounted price after the official end of those sales. The code may still work at checkout and Trinity may still decide to allow the purchase, but it's no longer guaranteed. Good luck and fingers crossed!

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #1,048 of 1,582
Icarus IV sale started on 5/28 so lasts until 6/28. The first 250 purchasers were getting a free Hyperion. Don't know if 250 have preordered so the free Hyperion may or may not still be available. The preorder price of 120 pounds came to $152.92 when I just checked.

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #1,049 of 1,582
Icarus IV sale started on 5/28 so lasts until 6/28. The first 250 purchasers were getting a free Hyperion. Don't know if 250 have preordered so the free Hyperion may or may not still be available. The preorder price of 120 pounds came to $152.92 when I just checked.

Are you sure?
I got my ICARUS IV Pre-Order Launch mail 170519.

Jun 19, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #1,050 of 1,582
Heck, my receipt says 5/18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back