Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
May 19, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,741 of 2,949
Doesn't the standard braid one have memory wire? Looked like it in the pic. And I'm avoiding the fabric one just because it's got a mic on it which I don't need. I don't get along well with memory wire :slight_frown:

There are three cables in the box - memory wire, mic cable and one non memory cable. Couldn't be bothered to re-wrap the non memory cable for the shots! :wink:

May 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #1,742 of 2,949
There are three cables in the box - memory wire, mic cable and one non memory cable. Couldn't be bothered to re-wrap the non memory cable for the shots! :wink:
Oh! Then in that case, I will be happy haha. I'll specify my Litz cable order of course because that's supposed to be part of the deal (right?), but I'm not gonna have too much issue with these cables. You know, other than wishing they used red and blue strain reliefs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Now if they would just show up in my mailbox....

May 19, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #1,743 of 2,949
My thoughts too. I hope their cabling uses very flexible insulation material. I've got a cable right now that's probably as thick, but the insulation material for the wiring is also kinda stiff. If the Litz turns out to be as flexible as their original braid, I'll be happy.
The letter I received with my Hunters says you get one cable. Are you saying we get two?

May 19, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #1,744 of 2,949
The letter I received with my Hunters says you get one cable. Are you saying we get two?
Apparently, we get 4 total: 3 straight in the box, and according to @Jackpot77 (if I interpreted him correctly), you get a mic version (same cloth style as these new IEMs), the original braid with memory wire, the original braid without memory, and then you get to request how your Litz cable is terminated.

May 19, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,745 of 2,949
Apparently, we get 4 total: 3 straight in the box, and according to @Jackpot77 (if I interpreted him correctly), you get a mic version (same cloth style as these new IEMs), the original braid with memory wire, the original braid without memory, and then you get to request how your Litz cable is terminated.
Yeah I have a one off Hunter since Bob made mine using the new modular cable system. I received a 3.5mm trs and 3.5mm trrs. No point in me getting the silver litz so I guess I'll request a 2.5mm trrs. We were suppose to receive a airplane adapter but I didn't. Plus my Hunters aren't numbered.

May 19, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,746 of 2,949
Yeah I have a one off Hunter since Bob made mine using the new modular cable system. I received a 3.5mm trs and 3.5mm trrs. No point in me getting the silver litz so I guess I'll request a 2.5mm trrs. We were suppose to receive a airplane adapter but I didn't. Plus my Hunters aren't numbered.
The description on the website states 2 Litz cables

May 19, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,747 of 2,949
The description on the website states 2 Litz cables
Yeah Neal I read that but we all know how accurate their website can be. I emailed Bob to find out for sure. Plus since my Hunters were made with the new modular cable system I don't see a point in getting the silver litz cable. I asked Bob if I can just get a 2.5mm trrs and a 4 pin XLR using their regular cable that comes with the modular system.

May 19, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #1,748 of 2,949
Yeah Neal I read that but we all know how accurate their website can be. I emailed Bob to find out for sure. Plus since my Hunters were made with the new modular cable system I don't see a point in getting the silver litz cable. I asked Bob if I can just get a 2.5mm trrs and a 4 pin XLR using their regular cable that comes with the modular system.
Bob stated before Hunter comes with 2 Litz cables, it's in the big thread.

May 19, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #1,749 of 2,949
Bob stated before Hunter comes with 2 Litz cables, it's in the big thread.
He also said the Masters would come with a 2.5mm balanced cable. Instead they either don't send one or they send a 3.5mm trrs. I just don't understand what's so difficult about sending each IEM out with everything he stated was included.

May 19, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,750 of 2,949
He also said the Masters would come with a 2.5mm balanced cable. Instead they either don't send one or they send a 3.5mm trrs. I just don't understand what's so difficult about sending each IEM out with everything he stated was included.
Given how long they had to package and ship I would expect everything to be in place and included

May 20, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,752 of 2,949
The UK and Europe folks are starting to get their hunters. Did anybody in Europe receive their PM6 yet? And we in the North America have to wait for it to come over here, clear the customs etc etc. It will be a miracle if we receive it before Memorial day weekend.

Hope the build quality and sound quality is top notch.

May 20, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #1,753 of 2,949
The UK and Europe folks are starting to get their hunters. Did anybody in Europe receive their PM6 yet? And we in the North America have to wait for it to come over here, clear the customs etc etc. It will be a miracle if we receive it before Memorial day weekend.

Hope the build quality and sound quality is top notch.

I think @BeatMy808s got the PM6 a few days ago unless I'm mistaken - I believe they are UK based, so that would make sense.

May 21, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,755 of 2,949
For those who were asking about the size or ergonomics of the Hunter, have updated my blog post on Audio Primate with some comparison shots vs a few IEMs for size purposes - Campfire Andromeda, Campfire Vega, a CustomArt 9-driver CIEM and also the Trinity Hyperion - should hopefully give people an idea where these sit in terms of size. Link below:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/05/19/trinity-phantom-hunter-unboxing-pictures/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back