TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,012 of 2,185
I bought the Topping NX1A on Amazon and I find it very odd that it doesn't tell you how to charge it properly. It doesn't even tell you anything about charging in the instructions.

You stick a micro USB charger in the hole which says 'charge' on it, when it's charging a red LED appears, I don't remember if it came with any instructions, it just seemed fairly self-explanatory.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #2,013 of 2,185
You stick a micro USB charger in the hole which says 'charge' on it, when it's charging a red LED appears, I don't remember if it came with any instructions, it just seemed fairly self-explanatory.

I know that, thanks. It doesn't say how long you should charge the amp, in terms of hours or minutes. I've heard you shouldn't allow new batteries to be depleted and to charge them when they are not empty.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,014 of 2,185
I own the nx1. When USB is plugged in, small red LED lights up near connector. Light turns off when fully charged. I don't know if this device can be overcharged, probably best to disconnect USB when done, but not a big concern for me.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #2,015 of 2,185
Got a question, as I'm not very knowledgeable in the area of compatibility between amps and sources.

In terms of sound quality, would pairing my Fiio X3ii with the NX1 be considered as an upgrade, downgrade, or neither?

If it is any help, I mostly use low impedance earbuds.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #2,016 of 2,185
Got a question, as I'm not very knowledgeable in the area of compatibility between amps and sources.

In terms of sound quality, would pairing my Fiio X3ii with the NX1 be considered as an upgrade, downgrade, or neither?

If it is any help, I mostly use low impedance earbuds.

First question is do you need an amp? If you're using low impedance phones that can be driven well by the X3ii then I wouldn't bother. Only those with an X3ii could say if using it in line out with this amp makes any difference, my guess is probably not or certainly not favourably.

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2,017 of 2,185
First question is do you need an amp? If you're using low impedance phones that can be driven well by the X3ii then I wouldn't bother. Only those with an X3ii could say if using it in line out with this amp makes any difference, my guess is probably not or certainly not favourably.

This probably will sound odd, but thanks voxdub, for reminding me that I bought the fiio x3ii to use it as a sole player without the need for an amp.

Was still wondering if the nx1 could help further smoothen the sound, but honestly I'm doubting it too.

Cheers, mate.

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #2,019 of 2,185
Wondering what you guys think about this with an ODAC, Chromebook, and a Q701.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,020 of 2,185
Hi, guys!

I'm planning to cop an NX1A one of these days and pair it with my Benjie S5 with the use of Fidue a73 and Dunu DN1k. Do you guys think it will pair up nicely with my setup or there will be that hiss/distortion that some of you have mentioned?

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2,021 of 2,185
Hi, guys!

I'm planning to cop an NX1A one of these days and pair it with my Benjie S5 with the use of Fidue a73 and Dunu DN1k. Do you guys think it will pair up nicely with my setup or there will be that hiss/distortion that some of you have mentioned?

Hiss/distortion comes mostly from interference using it with a smartphone. I don't think you will have this problems with a Benjie.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #2,024 of 2,185
Coming late to the party - my Fiio A3 died on me after 4 months. Luckily I could convince Amazon (UK) to accept return for full refund. Though I liked the A3 I was so disappointed with its dying, that I looked around for something else. I ended up with the NX1A - cheaper than the A3, so for the refunded sum Icould even buy some small bits and pieces.

It arrived today, the first impression is very good on this setup: Sony NW-A35 -> Fiio LOD cable -> NX1A -> Senn HD-598

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,025 of 2,185
Coming late to the party - my Fiio A3 died on me after 4 months. Luckily I could convince Amazon (UK) to accept return for full refund. Though I liked the A3 I was so disappointed with its dying, that I looked around for something else. I ended up with the NX1A - cheaper than the A3, so for the refunded sum Icould even buy some small bits and pieces.

It arrived today, the first impression is very good on this setup: Sony NW-A35 -> Fiio LOD cable -> NX1A -> Senn HD-598

Welcome to the club! The little Topping Nx-1 punches well above its weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back