thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,656 of 4,190
well I had an interesting morning...
I was listening to Eric Clapton Motherless Child and the song faded out starting at about 10 seconds remaining.
I actually lost the last line in the song,.. gone.
I mucked about with settings (gapless, equalizer on and off) and still it persisted.
I updated to 2.00.07 last week so I wondered ifI'd stumbled into some new version of the 10 second issue,
so that precipitated me searching this thread. Do you know how many posts have
the phrase 10 seconds?
I was just about to write to theBit when I noticed the scrolling Album title was not Eric Clapton From the Cradle
but some Warner Brothers best of disk that I picked up. I went to songs and yes there were 2 Motherless Child listings.
The original one from the CD/LP (whatever) was fine...
Damned engineers and strange off take CDs...

Hate when that happens! LOL

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #2,660 of 4,190
Now is the chance, get it.

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #2,661 of 4,190
I bought the Opus #1 last week.

A few points..

I would like to see a better indication of when the Opus is scanning and when a scan is complete. All I see is a cog that appears at random moments after switching on when I know it is scanning. I have no idea when it has completed the scan because the cog is not there all the time during a scan.

When selecting "Initialise DB" the device eventually returns a message "AudioPlayer isn't responding. Do you want to close it? (The options are "wait" and "Ok"). Selecting "Ok" and it appears to be ready to play music. The process seems odd to me.

I'm struggling getting .m3u playlists created with mp3tag recognised by the Opus. What I have to do is :
1. Create a playlist on the device first. For this, I add just one track.
2. Copy the .m3u file over to one of the external SD cards.
3. Reboot the device and the .m3u playlist appears. The playlist created on the device with the single track disappears. This seems very odd as well.

It's impossible to get a case in the UK.

Jun 30, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #2,662 of 4,190
I bought the Opus #1 last week.

A few points..

I would like to see a better indication of when the Opus is scanning and when a scan is complete. All I see is a cog that appears at random moments after switching on when I know it is scanning. I have no idea when it has completed the scan because the cog is not there all the time during a scan.

When selecting "Initialise DB" the device eventually returns a message "AudioPlayer isn't responding. Do you want to close it? (The options are "wait" and "Ok"). Selecting "Ok" and it appears to be ready to play music. The process seems odd to me.

I'm struggling getting .m3u playlists created with mp3tag recognised by the Opus. What I have to do is :
1. Create a playlist on the device first. For this, I add just one track.
2. Copy the .m3u file over to one of the external SD cards.
3. Reboot the device and the .m3u playlist appears. The playlist created on the device with the single track disappears. This seems very odd as well.

It's impossible to get a case in the UK.

It takes time to scan if you have a lot of files, I was advised by others here to leave it on sleep mode when finished as it dont use hardly any battery at all and does not need to Rescan.
There is an android blip i.e not responding but don't think anything serious as others have pointed out also.

The case is impossible to get in uk and hard enough out at any respectable price.
The opus 1 fits in the fiio hard shell case even though not ideal for playing it at least keeps it safe from damage.

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #2,663 of 4,190
theBit just released a new firmware for the #2 and #3 that addresses the 10 second issue. But as of this writing - no release for the #1 yet....still waiting... :disappointed_relieved:
It doesn't look likely that #1 is getting this update now.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #2,664 of 4,190
It doesn't look likely that #1 is getting this update now.

Do you have information that this is true? Surely we will get another update and any issues will be addressed.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #2,667 of 4,190
Sorry I'm trying to use the internal storage on the Opus but when I connect the device to my mac It doesn't recognize, any help :/

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #2,668 of 4,190
Sorry I'm trying to use the internal storage on the Opus but when I connect the device to my mac It doesn't recognize, any help :/
You have to use Android File Transfer application on a Mac to see the internal storage.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #2,669 of 4,190
Me too have problem to access the storage drives in Opus when connected with Windows 10 but have no problem in Windows 7. Sometimes I can able to see and access the storage but then the drives become missing when I copy some files from the laptop.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #2,670 of 4,190
Me too have problem to access the storage drives in Opus when connected with Windows 10 but have no problem in Windows 7. Sometimes I can able to see and access the storage but then the drives become missing when I copy some files from the laptop.

I had no issues (after following the items below) with connecting the #1 to both Win 7 and 10. Here are the things i make sure before i connect the #1 to the PCs:

- make sure the the #1 is done scanning (after boot-up), sometimes if i immediately connect it to the PC just a few seconds after it boots-up, the PC can't detect the #1 and/or can't detect all the folders in the unit/microsd card
- connect to USB 2.0 for a more stable connection. USB 3.0/3.1 sometimes can't detect the #1, need to unplug/plug the unit for it to be detected again. but if i don't have any choice, USB 3.0/3.1 definitely still works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back