The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
May 18, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #813 of 1,038
Picked up Tales of Berseria for PC. Going to be my first Tales of game.

Wow congrats. But as a veteran in Tales games I'll help you out.

You might want to play Tales of Destiny on the Ps1. Need a walkthrough thou and cheats. But it's great. Very very funny game. PC ps1 emulator. Watch the 10mins gameplay classic!! 10/10

Second try Tales of phantasia on the SNES. Need cheats and walkthrough thou. It's great but if you want a superior version get the Japanese PS1 version translated in English. It's very nice.

If you can not handle 2D sprites for some strange reason. Get Tales of Vesperia !!

Tales of Vesperia will be my highest recommendation out of Destiny.

Vesperia soundtrack is superior
Examples,
1.The cold morning star
2. A vow of unity
3. Impenetrable wall
And the whole soundtrack :p

Then is Tales of symphonia but I prefer Tales of Destiny 2 / Eterina

Then Tales of Grace and Abyss are a tie for me and the rest follows

Cheers

May 19, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #814 of 1,038
Wow congrats. But as a veteran in Tales games I'll help you out.

You might want to play Tales of Destiny on the Ps1. Need a walkthrough thou and cheats. But it's great. Very very funny game. PC ps1 emulator. Watch the 10mins gameplay classic!! 10/10

Second try Tales of phantasia on the SNES. Need cheats and walkthrough thou. It's great but if you want a superior version get the Japanese PS1 version translated in English. It's very nice.

If you can not handle 2D sprites for some strange reason. Get Tales of Vesperia !!

Tales of Vesperia will be my highest recommendation out of Destiny.

Vesperia soundtrack is superior
Examples,
1.The cold morning star
2. A vow of unity
3. Impenetrable wall
And the whole soundtrack :p

Then is Tales of symphonia but I prefer Tales of Destiny 2 / Eterina

Then Tales of Grace and Abyss are a tie for me and the rest follows

Cheers

Thank you. I'm going to really have to try playing a lot of them. I'll focus on Berseria first as I do want to play something modern first. I have no problems with 2D sprites, I actually like sprite graphics, I dislike crappy unclean 3D though. I'll try Destiny next when I am able to.

Any other JRPGs you will suggest? Sadly missed out on a lot of them while growing up as I always seemed to of gotten the consoles that didn't have many. Went from Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Original Xbox, then switched to PC and handhelds. Had every Gameboy/DS/3DS since the GB Color. Also had a PSP which I played Star Ocean First Departure and Second Evolution on. As well as FFVII: Crisis Core, haven't played any other FF game sadly, kinda sad I know.

May 19, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #817 of 1,038

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #818 of 1,038

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #819 of 1,038

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #820 of 1,038

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #821 of 1,038
Well I just finished Nier: Automata, so let me just say this- 6O is too pure for this rotten world ;_;

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #823 of 1,038
Games I had played: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series (only played the first two out of four) were very entertaining. Lost Odyssey (xbox 360 console-exclusive) was also an enjoyable experience. Last Remnant was fun till you realize that the combat system is 100% randomized and it becomes incredibly annoying on boss encounters.

Jun 16, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #825 of 1,038
From the producer of Castlevania Series. Personally, prefer 2D rather than 2.5D. Wiould have been cooler if it was more of hyper detailed 2D anime type graphics (more along the design of SoTN, and other 2D Castlevania in the series, because I know they had some good character and design art).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back