The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,089 of 2,481
Has anyone received a shipping email? It's been 3 days!!!

Nobody has gotten a tracking number yet, but somebody, who was one of the first 45, received their unit and dock, the person lives in Singapore. It sounds as if people from the first 45 specifically requested a unit from this run, they are getting one. I guess. It conflicts with with what EB publicly stated, unless they changed their mind. But units are clearly in transit. You may well get the stuff before any email tracking info.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #2,090 of 2,481
Some quick pictures:
The unit with the lighter gradient is the original one I got.
I like how the case gives easy access to the SD card, and unless you're going to keep removing the case it should not loosen (I hope) and currently has a pretty tight grip so no worries about the player just sliding out.
The finishing on the metal parts is obviously much better this time round as well.
Overall quite happy with how it looks :)
IMG_5442.jpgIMG_5443.jpgIMG_5444.jpgIMG_5445.jpgIMG_5446.jpgIMG_5447.jpgIMG_5448.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,091 of 2,481
Has anyone received a shipping email? It's been 3 days!!!
I got my first batch explorer before I got my tracking. Do wouldn't be surprised if this was the situation for this batch too.

Would be interesting to get a response in regards to the first batch ones if they have shipped some for individuals that requested ones ( I have) or maybe a judgement on ones that were particularly problematic or what.

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #2,092 of 2,481
Would be interesting to get a response in regards to the first batch ones if they have shipped some for individuals that requested ones ( I have) or maybe a judgement on ones that were particularly problematic or what.

You'd probably have to email them to get that kind of info. I don't think they want to comment publicly on that, since they've posted contradictory statements on the first 45. Personally, I think you should have been the first 45 again, if the problems really are fixed. But maybe you'll benefit from another batch of players in users' hands and being tested.

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #2,093 of 2,481
Some quick pictures:
The unit with the lighter gradient is the original one I got.
I like how the case gives easy access to the SD card, and unless you're going to keep removing the case it should not loosen (I hope) and currently has a pretty tight grip so no worries about the player just sliding out.
The finishing on the metal parts is obviously much better this time round as well.
Overall quite happy with how it looks :)
Great pics! Do you notice a big difference in performance?

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #2,095 of 2,481
It's probably premature to state that all has come to fruition. Let's see how the latest batch performs and holds together, literally.. Even if things are perfect, which is unlikely, EB has a long way to go in the rehabilitation of their rep. HBB has a valid point on the retail price of the unit also.

I think you're a good bloke, and like to look on the bright side of things, which is fine, but it's way too early to draw a conclusion that all is well. Cheers, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #2,096 of 2,481
"It conflicts with with what EB publicly stated."

Not exactly profound.

Hey, are you calling me stupid??? Just kidding, I appreciate your frustration. So much conflicting info has been self-posted about this project over the years, it's hard to know what to believe. That isn't a good place for any company to be. It warrants a very thorough self-examination of how that developed and happened, in my professional experience.

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2,097 of 2,481
Dlayman....

Hey, are you calling me stupid??? Just kidding, I appreciate your frustration. So much conflicting info has been self-posted about this project over the years, it's hard to know what to believe. That isn't a good place for any company to be. It warrants a very thorough self-examination of how that developed and happened, in my professional experience.

Not calling you stupid.. couldn't agree with you more, hence the quote.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #2,099 of 2,481
It's probably premature to state that all has come to fruition. Let's see how the latest batch performs and holds together, literally.. Even if things are perfect, which is unlikely, EB has a long way to go in the rehabilitation of their rep. HBB has a valid point on the retail price of the unit also.

I think you're a good bloke, and like to look on the bright side of things, which is fine, but it's way too early to draw a conclusion that all is well. Cheers, man.

Thats why I wrote:

'Rehabilitation will or will not come in the form of those backers who recieve their units 'the proof of the pudding...'

....is in the eating.

Lets see how it tastes when backers get their units.

:)

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #2,100 of 2,481
If Echobox used DHL for shipping, which I think they did, I think us backers should get it within less than a week - probably closer to ~ 3 days if there is no delay at the customs clearance, which would mean that it could arrive today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back