The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jun 18, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2,071 of 2,481
Very well said, I certainly couldn't state it as well. I have never used the word "scam" or other such words and have tried to discourage others from doing so, as it's an unwarranted and personal attack. On the professional side, there has been a huge amount of things to be critical of, and when it happens, @makethemusic goes to the personal side. It's one of the main reasons I don't take offense when he gets nasty with me, it is reflective of a lack of professional experience and success. I agree with your view of EB's use of this forum to promote sales, including being a paying sponsor. I'm not sure I agree with their now position of keeping quiet, but honestly it is probably the best for everyone as we don't gain much from their participation and they seem to be able to only further alienate their backers. In any case, it positions them behind their competitors in terms of customer engagement and support. I guess EB is ok with that, if it were me I wouldn't be and wouldn't be ok with officers of my company taking that position. My concern is that this is also going to result in a lack of ongoing support for the Explorer. Hopefully I'm wrong.

You can look at Shanling, FIIO, Cayin, and other threads and find negative comments and criticism, and those companies respond with recognition of the criticism and actions being taken to address the issues.

I agree with you. They have used the site and this thread to drum up sales, which I do not have a problem with. Had I not seen EB on here I wouldn't have backed the finders, which I am very happy with, or the explorer.

I think what has happened here is that whomever is posting has tried to treat this thread as a friendly transaction, which is very very far from the truth as they are posting as a business. So with all the socials at Canjams etc etc the lines between business and friendship have somehow become blurred in their eyes..

For me this is not so.... I entered into a business contract, just like any other contract, I am therefore entitled to moan and complain when that contract is not working for me... or is not being upheld. I expect satisfactory professional responses, not personal attacks or using family or whatever as an excuse... it is the exact opposite of satisfactory and professional...

It is a real shame. I was really looking forward to this DAP as the finders campaign was really well run..

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #2,072 of 2,481
I agree with you. They have used the site and this thread to drum up sales, which I do not have a problem with. Had I not seen EB on here I wouldn't have backed the finders, which I am very happy with, or the explorer.

I think what has happened here is that whomever is posting has tried to treat this thread as a friendly transaction, which is very very far from the truth as they are posting as a business. So with all the socials at Canjams etc etc the lines between business and friendship have somehow become blurred in their eyes..

For me this is not so.... I entered into a business contract, just like any other contract, I am therefore entitled to moan and complain when that contract is not working for me... or is not being upheld. I expect satisfactory professional responses, not personal attacks or using family or whatever as an excuse... it is the exact opposite of satisfactory and professional...

It is a real shame. I was really looking forward to this DAP as the finders campaign was really well run..

Again, very well stated. I've never met Sam and have no interest to, nor would I object. My objections have always been on the professional level. Sam says he gets it that I'm pissed, his words. No I'm not, I don't invest emotionally in stuff like a DAP. I'm apathetic about it. The investment I made wasn't a major one for me. I've pretty much given up on it and moved on to a less expensive, better device, as have a number of other supporters. I follow this thread mostly out of professional curiosity, because I have never seen anyone manage a project or conduct business in such a way, and am interested in seeing how it turns out. And when I get "scolded" by someone with the experience level I had in the 1980's, it's rather amusing to me.

The Finder campaign was conducted much better, although EB never fulfilled the perks,and doesn't intend to as far as I can tell, so I wouldn't consider it a success. I don't enjoy the Finders as much as you do, I find its fundamental tonality to be off. It doesn't handle baritone male vocals properly, and adds a nasality to them. Other types of music, it handles in a fun way, although far from neutral. To my ears the fundamental mid-range balance is deeply flawed. Ergonomically, they are fantastic.

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #2,073 of 2,481
We will be delivering the product this week, likely Monday as we had hoped. If not Monday, it will still be within the week.
We will not, however, be posting any further development updates here on Head-Fi. If you wish to know the status of your explorer, you can feel free to check our IndoeGoGo page, Facebook page, or send us an email with your inquiry.

Run and hide, dodge, duck, scurry.... blah, blah, blah. An I did meet Sam at an HeadFi function, and he was NOT a nice guy. I'll quote my wife as we were walking away from the Echbox booth, "wife: Did he know you were a backer of the player you were listening to? Me: yeah I told him I was one of the first 100 backers, why? wife: Well you'd think that he would have treated you a little nicer. me: What do you mean, did I miss something? wife: I think you were too busy listening to that Walkman, the second you mentioned that you hope they get it finished and shipped since its overdo, he became rude and stand offish. me: Really? I didn't notice. wife: You said that he was a nice guy. me: From what I read online everyone seems to like him. wife: I'm not everyone online, and he was rude and arrogant, the second you started criticizing the Walkman, he looked at the other attendees around him and his demeanor changed immediately, didn't you notice he got up and walked off? me: oh yeah, your right he did. wife: You should buy another Walkman and ask for your ,money back from him, I wouldn't support anyone who treated me like that after helping them to get a business up and running."

End of my story, and I will NEVER EVER buy an Echobox product nor recommend them to anyone!

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #2,076 of 2,481
IMG_2681.jpg
It must be getting close to release time. After the revisions etc.

I am teh prophet! :)

Good news for you guys! - Backers and EB

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #2,078 of 2,481
I told them I agreed with what marcfredman had written, and that everyone writing negative criticisms on HeadFi have a point. I wrote that they should be ashamed of themselves for shutting down the Headfi echobox page because it started getting a little to hot for their liking.

They deleted it and wrote the following canned response (So Old):

Me:
Last I checked we live in a FREE SPEACH country!!!
How DARE you delete my post!!! Your behaviour is completely UNACCEPTABLE!!!

j8lktuw2uehjucjmexfe.jpg

Echobox AudioCampaigner3 days ago
Maddane, we are sorry you feel this way. Please feel free to reach out to our support staff at team@eboxaudio.com and we will be happy to address your frustrations to the best of our ability.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #2,079 of 2,481
The Explorers have shipped, and we will hopefully have tracking information to email out by Monday. Service used is DHL, sent using express so delivery should be approximately 1 week depending on customs clearance. If you have any questions, please email us at team@eboxaudio.com

Attachments

• mmexport1498290886553.jpg
    mmexport1498290886553.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 0
Jun 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #2,081 of 2,481
I'm finding myself unable to conjure up any enthusiasm at all for the Explorer. After what went on all through the campaign and even more so recently, especially the censorship and supression of criticism, (although some of it was too personal, but so were some of Sam's comments so he sort of took it there ), it killed off what little interest I still had in the product and the company. Besides, like many others I purchased another DAP months ago that I'm extremely happy with and is bug free,will never have to worry about cracking and came with screen protectors. Not much mention of testing these units, so I don't think backers should expect trouble free units. Hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,082 of 2,481
Not cool of them to close this down though they kinda have every right to delete posts on indiegogo it is their page, posts get deleted on forums left right and centre for lesser reasons.

Also not very impressed that the initial 45 backers won't get functional Explorers for a few weeks yet. I appreciate that they want to prioritise the people that have got no explorers but given the issues with the original batch it's almost like we were alpha testers and given nothing in return for the effort. Bit sour about that but still hoping for a fully functional device at the end of this. Interest still there for me based on the strength of its SQ.

Let's see, I will be at the London CanJam and I will try to have a chat with Sam if he attends.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #2,083 of 2,481
Not cool of them to close this down though they kinda have every right to delete posts on indiegogo it is their page, posts get deleted on forums left right and centre for lesser reasons.

Also not very impressed that the initial 45 backers won't get functional Explorers for a few weeks yet. I appreciate that they want to prioritise the people that have got no explorers but given the issues with the original batch it's almost like we were alpha testers and given nothing in return for the effort. Bit sour about that but still hoping for a fully functional device at the end of this. Interest still there for me based on the strength of its SQ.

Let's see, I will be at the London CanJam and I will try to have a chat with Sam if he attends.

I mentioned earlier that I heard the first 45 were being pushed back to the end of the line and i thought that was wrong. I was admonished by Sam on here that that was absolutely not the case that you were getting put an the end of the que, and now you are. That's the kind of stuff that killed my interest, and there has been plenty of it.

In the end it might work out better for you as I expect these units are going to have issues and maybe they will be fixed by the time you get your replacement. Supposedly within a month, but I'd be skeptical. And you're even after their retail production run, I don't understand that at all.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #2,084 of 2,481
I mentioned earlier that I heard the first 45 were being pushed back to the end of the line and i thought that was wrong. I was admonished by Sam on here that that was absolutely not the case that you were getting put an the end of the que, and now you are. That's the kind of stuff that killed my interest, and there has been plenty of it.

In the end it might work out better for you as I expect these units are going to have issues and maybe they will be fixed by the time you get your replacement. Supposedly within a month, but I'd be skeptical. And you're even after their retail production run, I don't understand that at all.

Not killing ones interest, nevertheless, The 45 should have been furnished with working appropriate products alongside the remaining original backers.
Whilst not privy to conversations of the 45, it would appear that they have paid a time price of being the initiate.
I commend that the alleged product may eventually appear after months of speculation, communication less than adequate, at least one being leaving, or driven to such through the above and a timeline that was overly achieving?
I'm eager to hear the offering and as always the proof is in the eye of the beholder...

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #2,085 of 2,481

@vrapan I will not be at CanJam London, will be attending the Akihabara Portafest which happens to be the same days, however my fiance Ashley will be there and you can feel free to speak with her about any questions you have. You can also feel free to email us at team@eboxaudio.com with any questions you have any we will be happy to answer all of them to the best of our ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back