Stax SR-L300 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #136 of 1,163
Stax... What a revelation.
Just an exquisite sound from stax L300 and amp.
True magic. Am in love.

Have reached the end of my headphone journey.
Thank you Stax.

I need to sell my Grado's.

May 20, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #137 of 1,163
Hey Macromark, I got them directly from the distributor in my country (Singapore) and picked them up from the reseller they told me to go to. Maybe you could check with the distributor in the US.
Hi
I'm new to this forum!
Mind if I ask how much is the L700 earpad and where can I get it? Is it a clip on just like the L300? I'm looking for a replacement for the L300 stock earpad. I tried to search but is not available but there's a 507 one. Thanks! I live in Thailand.

May 20, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #138 of 1,163
Hi
I'm new to this forum!
Mind if I ask how much is the L700 earpad and where can I get it? Is it a clip on just like the L300? I'm looking for a replacement for the L300 stock earpad. I tried to search but is not available but there's a 507 one. Thanks! I live in Thailand.

Hello, maybe you can check with your local shop? Yes it will clip on and fit the L300 exactly the same. I paid about 80USD i think.. roughly.

CORRECTION: I paid USD$110 sorry my brain gave me a discount.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #139 of 1,163
Hello, maybe you can check with your local shop? Yes it will clip on and fit the L300 exactly the same. I paid about 80USD i think.. roughly.
The local shop here is not quite helpful.
I would prefer buying from any shop that you recommend, if that is possible. I mean importing from them.

So it fits and replacing should be easy., must be the best choice! Thanks!

May 20, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #141 of 1,163
Where did you get them so cheaply? I paid well over 100$

May 21, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #143 of 1,163
Where did you get them so cheaply? I paid well over 100$

Hi there, I got them from my local distributor in Singapore when I purchased the L300 at the same time. :wink:

May 21, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #144 of 1,163
Hi there, I got them from my local distributor in Singapore when I purchased the L300 at the same time. :wink:
Are you sure they were L700 pads? Even in Japan they are around 100$.
Maybe they were L500 pads?

May 22, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #145 of 1,163
Are you sure they were L700 pads? Even in Japan they are around 100$.
Maybe they were L500 pads?

Ah apologies, just checked my receipt. I paid USD112 (after exchange rate conversion) Must have been the brain giving itself a discount.

May 22, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #146 of 1,163
Ah apologies, just checked my receipt. I paid USD112 (after exchange rate conversion) Must have been the brain giving itself a discount.
Not bad.
I paid nearly $1500 for 2 pairs (one of them came with L700 attached to it).

May 22, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #147 of 1,163

Thank you !!!! the tip regarding pad discomfort was an instant fix for me.

"Stock is not great, there is an oval-shaped mesh dust cover on the inside of the earcups that has an edge that might dig into your ears when you wear them. However, I found that if you rotate this mesh 180 degrees this gives your ears more room and no more discomfort."

my ears was just touching that frame which annoyed me. now it does not. it may not work for all ear sizes but try it out first before considering any pad rolling.

May 22, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #148 of 1,163
I got my STAX 3100 system this week (ordered from amazon Japan, price around $600) and I have to say that I love it. It became my daily driver and I have been enjoying playing music, games and movies. I paired it with Chord Mojo.
Comfort is ok after reversing the mesh cover and will probably still look for making it better using the suggestions provided here.
It responses very well to EQ and I used Equalizer APO on my PC to bring the bass back to my liking with some tweaks.
The sound quality of the L300 is amazing ! The separation, transparency and focus of instruments is up there. I can't imagine even expensive cans adding enough beyond it to justify further investment. It could be end game for home use.
Sound stage is good but not the highlight compared to other headphones.
Build quality could be better. it is light and made out of plastic. does not come close to build quality of some cheaper cans I have. But once you put them on, you just forget about all of that :).
Overall, very pleased with it.

May 23, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #149 of 1,163
Mishal,

+1
I share the same sentiments as you.

My srs-3100 session was a good 5-6 hrs of listening last weekend.

What can i say? I literally couldn't take them off they were that addictive. And even now i crave them.

What's so great about them is they are very analytical.. I found changing interconnects rca and i was able to hear subtle differences in the cable akin to my full floorstanding speakers which are exorbitantly expensive.

What else i remember is the openness in soundstage. Everything else i have heard (my grado's) sound compressed in comparison.

What I enjoy most is the comfort and relaxed but open presentation. It's so addictive.

Even more surprising was the bass.

Ultimately, i am super impressed with the electrostats. It's like a new way of hearing, music similar to my floorstanding dynamic drivers.

May 23, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #150 of 1,163
Now i changed a little, the "gasket". Bottom rumble noticeably better.
I wrote it a bit about before, more info. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/stax-sr-l300-impressions-thread.813511/page-8#post-13424289

With this "bassfart mod" i get more low bass, quite nice. Stock pads have too weak seal, bass pressure is leaking to enviroment. It may look like huge gap in gasket, so far what i learned is- certain amount of leakage, and positioned on bottom of ear-or behind it; will make increase in bass.

IMAG0386.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back