SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #962 of 1,133
Did a bit of tip rolling again with my Westone UM 30 Pros. the sound with the Star Tips is really outstanding but I just
can't keep a good seal with them, went back to my CP800s and I'll gladly trade a bit of bass for the better fit.
I can't get the twin blade (CP240) to seal well so I'm not using them, probably need to order a larger size.

How would you compare the star vs spinfits on the um pro for treble? With foams, it's just too severe of a cutoff, I had to use the big orange star tips. Of course they don't stay put as well as I'd like.

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #964 of 1,133
How would you compare the star vs spinfits on the um pro for treble? With foams, it's just too severe of a cutoff,
I had to use the big orange star tips. Of course they don't stay put as well as I'd like.
Both the Star tips and the Spinfits give a good clean treble with no roll off.
I too find the foam tips deaden the sound, to me it sucks the life out of music at least on IEMS with narrow nozzle. If I had to compare the high end of the two I'd have to give the nod to the spinfits,
I think they're a bit more open than the star tips.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #965 of 1,133
Thanks. The Spinfits that came with tithe Sabre just won't fit onto a Master filter. If those are cp100's that's 3.8mm.

Their drawings at https://www.spinfit.tech/copy-of-single-umbrella shows the cp240 to be the narrowest twin blade at 4mm nozzle but cp220 is 4.4mm and cp230 is 5.5mm. I don't know the OD of he Master filters, but will try to measure them tomorrow.

The peculiarly different specs of the 3 double flange models: -
cp220: normal length, 4.4mm diameter
cp230: normal length, 5.5mm diameter
cp240: longer length, 4.5mm diameter

Jun 17, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #967 of 1,133
Hi, i'm interested in the twinblade cp240 for my ath-im03. how do i choose which size to get? should i look at the small umbrella or the big umbrella? currently i'm using a large size cp100
Since you are currently using the large size CP100, I would try out the large size CP240 first. Try the medium out afterwards if the large size doesn't work for you.

Jun 19, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #969 of 1,133
thanks for the advise moedawg, still hesitant as its quite costly to try.
I understand. If you live in Southern California, I'd be happy to let you try out my tip lineup (including SpinFit(s), Final tips, etcetera). If not, maybe there is a Head-Fier near you that can let you try their double flanged SpinFit tips.

You can always order both the Large and Medium sizes, and then give away or sell the size that doesn't fit you.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #970 of 1,133
I understand. If you live in Southern California, I'd be happy to let you try out my tip lineup (including SpinFit(s), Final tips, etcetera). If not, maybe there is a Head-Fier near you that can let you try their double flanged SpinFit tips.

You can always order both the Large and Medium sizes, and then give away or sell the size that doesn't fit you.

Thanks for the offer, i'm afraid we live too far apart. i will definitely pull the trigger but not that soon. still trying to find a way or place to test it or wait till the price drop or get it at aliexpress during double 11 (lol, long wait away).

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #971 of 1,133
Thanks for the offer, i'm afraid we live too far apart. i will definitely pull the trigger but not that soon. still trying to find a way or place to test it or wait till the price drop or get it at aliexpress during double 11 (lol, long wait away).
Happy to offer assistance.

Good luck to you!

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #972 of 1,133
Fortunately, I found a place locally to test the CP 220 and CP 240. I tried CP 220 M1 and CP 240 M and L (the shop owner could not find his S). Unfortunately, my dreams were shattered as they do not fit my ears.

The twin blade is pretty costly. On fit/sizing of the Spin Fit Twin blade is the small umbrella is the first obstacle, don't think about the large umbrella until you clear the small umbrella. I wore L size eartips (13-14mm) for all my other IEMs, I always thought that my ear canal were large. I tried the the CP 220 and 240 the small umbrella just stick to skin of the ear canal entrance, i did try at most with only slight force. Maybe you just need to jam it in but I was afraid. The umbrella is soft, but isn't foam soft, just not soft enough to make me feel secure. It is advisable if you can really try them at a shop.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #975 of 1,133
Ir seems that website of Taiwan does not work I want to order a pair for my Xiaomi hybrid pro HD and KZS5 and I dont know which one I should choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back