Sony MDR-1000X
Jan 26, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #1,562 of 2,709
It's an intrinsic problem in ANC because soundwaves themselves are made of changes in air pressure. The ANC microphone picks up both audible noise and sub-bass pressure changes and it is up to the implementation to distinguish between the two. Some ANC headphones are better than others at filtering out sub-bass pressure changes, but it could be a tradeoff at the expense of noise reduction effectiveness. If your ears are very sensitive to the effect, you might want to take a different route such as headphones with high passive isolation.

Tried for the last time today on the commute, but it's far too distracting, so they are going back. Question is....will I get the same problem with the QC35's? Anyone had that experience? I never used to get it with my old Bose on ear NC cans

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #1,565 of 2,709
can anyone link me to a cable with mic and volume control that will fit 1000x from amazon.co.uk ?

You need a cable with extra ring on the jack( or long jack) to make it fit.

I have some aux cables with and without remote and theres an angle on the earcup that makes some not fit.

Cable from my mdr1a fits, but i would like a 3 button one so im also looking for it.  Could always remove the jack housing on existing cable also.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #1,566 of 2,709
You need a cable with extra ring on the jack( or long jack) to make it fit.

I have some aux cables with and without remote and theres an angle on the earcup that makes some not fit.

Cable from my mdr1a fits, but i would like a 3 button one so im also looking for it.  Could always remove the jack housing on existing cable also.

Please do link me if u found the cable ur looking for :)

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #1,567 of 2,709
Please do link me if u found the cable ur looking for
smily_headphones1.gif

heres one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201532779765?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=500724213913&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have used that seller before.

I ordered this one for my ausdom m05 or other headphones. great quality at unbeatable price but does not fit.
You could probably file down the jack housing to make it fit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remax-3-5mm-Universal-AUX-Audio-Cable-Male-To-Male-Jack-With-3-0mm-Speaker-Cable/32755324660.html

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #1,568 of 2,709
heres one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201532779765?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=500724213913&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have used that seller before.

I ordered this one for my ausdom m05 or other headphones. great quality at unbeatable price but does not fit.
You could probably file down the jack housing to make it fit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remax-3-5mm-Universal-AUX-Audio-Cable-Male-To-Male-Jack-With-3-0mm-Speaker-Cable/32755324660.html

Does both of them fit for 1000x ?

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,569 of 2,709
Can anyone give me a report on the bluetooth calling sidetone performance of these headphones? With full cover cans it's important to be able to hear your own voice while speaking on a call. Does the ambient voice feature take care of this if enabled by letting your own voice back into your ears? Do these ambient sound features work at the same time as your on a call?

Other than that I'm sold on these 1000x. Thanks for any info.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #1,570 of 2,709
  Can anyone give me a report on the bluetooth calling sidetone performance of these headphones? With full cover cans it's important to be able to hear your own voice while speaking on a call. Does the ambient voice feature take care of this if enabled by letting your own voice back into your ears? Do these ambient sound features work at the same time as your on a call?

Yes

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,571 of 2,709

I've had these for 3 weeks and I use them all day at work. I'm on the phone for about 2 hours a day and these do not have the same quality side tone feature you get on the sennheisers, Bose QC35s, or the Plantronic Backbeat pros. I can hear myself, but it muffled as if it's just what makes it through the passive isolation of the earpads.

The Sonys also have, IMO, the worst call/mic quality of that bunch.

The headphones have a lot going for them, but call quality is not on the list.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,572 of 2,709
Tried for the last time today on the commute, but it's far too distracting, so they are going back. Question is....will I get the same problem with the QC35's? Anyone had that experience? I never used to get it with my old Bose on ear NC cans
i recommend trying the PXC550 I use a pair on the train daily without this issue whereas my pair of 100ABN have the same issue your describing.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #1,573 of 2,709

if call quality and side tone are important to you I suggest checking out the Sennheiser PXC 550.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #1,574 of 2,709
That's worrying but you seem to be contradicting the previous responder? Don't you find it fatiguing trying to talk so long without clearly hearing your voice? Or is it more that it's not particularly loud? I take it you've tried enabling the voice ambient feature? The extreme example of this problem is people with hearing problems who's speech is effected because they don't know how they sound....

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #1,575 of 2,709
Thanks for the advice i'll check 'em out. Hope they have AptX, preferably with Low Latency. It's such a shame, these companies should all understand the importance of good sidetone. Hey our archaic telephone systems have been doing it for decades!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back