Shure SRH1540 Review
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,756 of 2,679
Wave sounds, help me please, I'm lost
what do you mean i got the wrong pads??
you have the non angled pads ? what's the difference between the two, angled and non angled?
with the non angled pads ( like yours) do you have the same sound quality ( bass, treble, etc) like with the stock pads
So, i have those ones
https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01IR3PSL2/ref=ya_st_dp_summary
angewinkelt.... means... angled
beside comfort, do you lose sound quality with those I have?
Thanks

I'm betting they will sound near identical to the non-angleds of the same material, so no worries there. The only concern I would have is if they fit well (ie, do they completely seal around your ear). If they do, then you're good to go, imo

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #1,758 of 2,679
ok, thanks again, but I'm not sure if I put them right
i have the wider part, in the front, and the tinier in the rear

They are designed to go the other way (wider in back, thinner in front) but it all depends on the shape of your head. Whichever way seems more comfortable to you, is how you should wear them.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,760 of 2,679
Does it affect the sound quality, somehow, if they are thinner in back?
Thanks

I'm sure science will say that the sound will resonate or reflect or something differently within the earpad when it is in different positions, but I have no idea really. You should flip them around, listen, and see if you can tell a difference.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #1,761 of 2,679
People, some questions about the build quality.

I am thinking of buying an SRH1540, but I was worried about its build quality after seeing several reports of cracks and breaks in the SRH940 and the SRH840.

For those who already been using SRH1540 for a while, how are your headphones?  Did the headphones have any defect (specifically the plastic part of the headband)?

For those who have compared the SRH1540 with the SRH940, can you tell if the plastic material used in the headband is the same on both headphones?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #1,762 of 2,679

I am thinking of buying an SRH1540, but I was worried about its build quality after seeing several reports of cracks and breaks in the SRH940 and the SRH840.

For those who already been using SRH1540 for a while, how are your headphones?  Did the headphones have any defect (specifically the plastic part of the headband)?

For those who have compared the SRH1540 with the SRH940, can you tell if the plastic material used in the headband is the same on both headphones?

Thanks in advance.

I've had my 1540's for more than a year, and listen to them often.
No issues at all with respect to build quality. No squeaking, no
extraneous sounds, no "nothing"...They're a high quality product.

I also had the 840, and 940 a while back.  The build quality of those
(and their SQ) did not inspire the same level of confidence as the 1540.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #1,763 of 2,679
I have had mine close to two years and they still function as new. I have replaced the ear pads, but they come with a spare so no issue there.

As stated prior these are high quality and certainly show it. They have been my daily driver for about 2 years and are still going strong and still sound great!

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,764 of 2,679
Same, had mine a few years, no mechanical problems.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,766 of 2,679
Treat your headphones with care and they will last many, many years

A Pelican 1400 case means my SRH1540s are safe. It's also means I do not have to take the wires off for storage which stresses out the connectors.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #1,767 of 2,679

Thanks in advance.

The 1540's are nothing like the 840's or 940's as far a build quality goes. I find the build quality of the 1540's to be excellent. Their construction is completely different. I don't see how cracks could form anywhere on the 1540's. I only have two complaints with the 1540's. One is the headband, the padding is not very useful, within a few minutes I find it digs into my head and hurts. Second is the fact that it sort of falls apart at high volumes.

I cannot comment on sound quality of the 840's or 940's as I've not heard them.

I hope that helps you.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,769 of 2,679
  The 1540's are nothing like the 840's or 940's as far a build quality goes. I find the build quality of the 1540's to be excellent. Their construction is completely different. I don't see how cracks could form anywhere on the 1540's. I only have two complaints with the 1540's. One is the headband, the padding is not very useful, within a few minutes I find it digs into my head and hurts. Second is the fact that it sort of falls apart at high volumes. (1)

I cannot comment on sound quality of the 840's or 940's as I've not heard them.

I hope that helps you.

1-What does that mean? Are you talking about sound distortion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back