Shozy Alien+
Jul 5, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #304 of 539
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #305 of 539
I use charger from my smartphone.
I bought a USB data+charging cable from Amazon.
I plug that into the domestic plug socket (using an Apple plug with USB interface).

I haven't measured, but I think I'm getting to fully charged within 2-3 hours?
@NLNH are there any official estimates how long a full charge (from battery totally empty) should take? :)

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #306 of 539
Anybody heard any clipping, I'm using the A+ with HD 25 II and I can hear quite a bit of clipping on "how i made my millions" by radiohead (track 23 on oknotok 24/96 wav) and I have heard it on other tracks?

A+ is default (gain high, dac filter mode short delay sharp roll-off).

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #307 of 539
Anybody heard any clipping, I'm using the A+ with HD 25 II and I can hear quite a bit of clipping on "how i made my millions" by radiohead (track 23 on oknotok 24/96 wav) and I have heard it on other tracks?

A+ is default (gain high, dac filter mode short delay sharp roll-off).

No, I haven't :)

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #308 of 539
One thing though is that I've converted 24/* FLAC files to WAV.
Most, but not all, give me a lot of unpleasant static crackle, which effectively makes the file unlisteneable :frowning2:
When I play the original FLAC files on my xDuoo X3, no problems.

It doesn't affect all of the 24/* files, and doesn't affect any of the 16/44 ones.. I converted using Foobar2000.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice?

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #309 of 539
shanling m1 vs or cayjin n3 or shozy alien gold edition ? i only care about sound quality. nothing else.
in my country prices are 130 euro for m1, n3 for 150 euros and shozy for 140 euros

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #310 of 539
shanling m1 vs or cayjin n3 or shozy alien gold edition ? i only care about sound quality. nothing else.
in my country prices are 130 euro for m1, n3 for 150 euros and shozy for 140 euros
Well, there may be others who have heard all 3 and can give you a better feedback but to get the ball rolling...

I own the Alien+, and I'll be receiving a Cayin N3 any day now for review purposes. And I've already reviewed the Shanling M2s, which is the model above the M1 I believe.

Based on what I've heard about the N3 and the Alien gold (and my own experience with the other DAP's), *for sound alone*, I'd say the Alien gold.
All are good in their own ways though. And you need to go into this with your eyes open as to the limited functionality of the Alien gold (no MP3 playback, for example).
But as long as you're fine with all that, then I imagine the Alien gold is going to give you the best sound for the money.

Just my opinion, carefully formed from my own experiences and those reported by others :)

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #312 of 539

m1 is the worst dap i owned. sq is garbage. no subbass, bloated mid bass. it was a disaster. get it only for transport.

i have m2s, friend of mine has n3 and said m2s was sounding similar to his n3. m2s is a clear step up from m1. flat sound sig. just a little rolled off at top.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #313 of 539
I received my A+ today and am enjoying it immensely. The build and SQ has exceeded my expectations. I can say that it is a definite step up from the Alien Gold. So far, no glitches of any kind. The UI is simple, intuitive and a pleasure to use. My only suggestion so far is to enable rapid file scrolling with a long press on the button.
Bottom line: Absolutely stunning sound springing from a black background. That's what it's all about, isn't it???

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #315 of 539
IMO this player is for desperate fans only: no FLAC support, mediocre screen Atari-like type, low ergonomics. If someone can live with such limitations...

Yes, it is hard to imagine anyone wanting to purchase such a no-frills, pedestrian device that lacks nearly all modern bell and whistles.....that is, until you have heard her sing, then all the negatives seem far less important!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back