Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #7,532 of 7,699
I recently received mine from amazon Spain and I love them. Bass on mid setting, directly into my Liquid Carbon - bliss. They are much better than I thought.

On Alibaba you can only get the fake ones, wouldn't go down that route.

Cheers.

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #7,533 of 7,699
  Hi, I found IE80 IEMs on AliExpress (e.g. here) at quite low price - do you have any experiences?
Is their audio performance comparable to the original?

Not really. 

The original has quite exceptional signature and performance that isn't present in the copies. The tuning mechanism also doesn't work with the copies. 

If you want something similar and are low on cash, FiiO EX1 or its successor should do you wonders! 

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #7,534 of 7,699
I recently received mine from amazon Spain and I love them. Bass on mid setting, directly into my Liquid Carbon - bliss. They are much better than I thought.

On Alibaba you can only get the fake ones, wouldn't go down that route.

Cheers.

You are feeding a really good amp to them, I would expect them to sound awesome! 
gs1000.gif

Hi there, I'm trying to find a decent portable DAC amplifier for my ie80 & IPC. Anyone tried Denon DA10? Is there any other good choices?

Never heard that one nor knew that it existed, but my pitch for you would be iFi iDSD BL if you can afford it. This way you will also be able to drive an HD800 if you'll buy one, but it can drive ie80 with sweetness and precision 
biggrin.gif

If your price range is lower, the only other model I could recommend is FiiO E17K. Denon might be great, but I've never heard it nor knew it existed so cannot commend anything on it 
redface.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #7,535 of 7,699
You are feeding a really good amp to them, I would expect them to sound awesome! :gs1000smile:

Never heard that one nor knew that it existed, but my pitch for you would be iFi iDSD BL if you can afford it. This way you will also be able to drive an HD800 if you'll buy one, but it can drive ie80 with sweetness and precision :D

If your price range is lower, the only other model I could recommend is FiiO E17K. Denon might be great, but I've never heard it nor knew it existed so cannot commend anything on it :xf_eek:

Thanks!!!!!

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #7,537 of 7,699

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #7,540 of 7,699
You are feeding a really good amp to them, I would expect them to sound awesome! 
gs1000.gif

Never heard that one nor knew that it existed, but my pitch for you would be iFi iDSD BL if you can afford it. This way you will also be able to drive an HD800 if you'll buy one, but it can drive ie80 with sweetness and precision 
biggrin.gif

If your price range is lower, the only other model I could recommend is FiiO E17K. Denon might be great, but I've never heard it nor knew it existed so cannot commend anything on it 
redface.gif

The iDSD Black Label is quite spectacular. It's a shame that it wasn't designed for truly portable use, since its shape and size makes carrying/stacking it a little unwieldy. But yeah, it is a good DAC/amp and certainly one that challenges the Mojo in that price bracket.

The IE80 sounds best amped, and I usually use it with my AK240 + Rx stack.

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #7,541 of 7,699

The iDSD Black Label is quite spectacular. It's a shame that it wasn't designed for truly portable use, since its shape and size makes carrying/stacking it a little unwieldy. But yeah, it is a good DAC/amp and certainly one that challenges the Mojo in that price bracket.

The IE80 sounds best amped, and I usually use it with my AK240 + Rx stack.

After lots of thought, I chose Sony PHA-1 to go with my IPC. I really love how this combination sounds. Instead of being rather heavy based, PHA1 provided clearer, and much, much more balanced bass and treble, and has really good overall sound quality. I would def say it's a rather good and yet cheap choice!

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #7,543 of 7,699
  Picked these up recently, and I was kinda taken aback at how much I like listening through them. As said in many reviews, some of the design choices seem odd, and the cable noise can be an issue when you're out and about, but these little things make listening sessions as pleasurable as my full-size cans. I'm not necessarily a bass-head, but I love the in-your-face presentation of it with these (entirely a personal preference). Sound stage was surprising, given these things are relatively tiny. Love em!

You would be surprised how large the soundstage of ie800 is considering that they are probably the smallest IEMs in the world 
biggrin.gif

Ie80 felt a bit big to me when I was into them actually. Not the IEM body but the bore size, it would work best as a very shallow fit . 

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #7,544 of 7,699
I got Shure SE-215's and I'm thinking about upgrading. Is the upgrade worth it? I mostly use my IEM's with my iPhone 6s with Bass Boost EQ. I'm a basshead and I'm really looking for bassy IEM's with more/better sub-bass.
Thanks.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #7,545 of 7,699
I got Shure SE-215's and I'm thinking about upgrading. Is the upgrade worth it? I mostly use my IEM's with my iPhone 6s with Bass Boost EQ. I'm a basshead and I'm really looking for bassy IEM's with more/better sub-bass.
Thanks.

I certainly find them really bassy. In fact, I try to turn it down, but then I listen mainly to classical music, and I think it can sound rather muddy there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back