Schiit Modi USB DAC
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 870
Quote:
This looks good! Something that's bothering me though, the title says Async, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the specs or description. Hopefully that's not a typo.

It's async. We're just idiots.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 870
I was going to order an ODAC and used Asgard. I don't see the need for the ODAC now! Lower price, will just wait for a couple of reviews but I don't doubt the quality of it, and Schiit is 45 mins away from me, I'd rather support the in-state local boys!

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #8 of 870
From the first glance, I really want it!
Surely it will pair well with my amp.

Any discount Jason for buying either one of them (not both) since we're in holiday seasons?

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 870
From the first glance, I really want it!
Surely it will pair well with my amp.

Any discount Jason for buying either one of them (not both) since we're in holiday seasons?

I'm not sure how much cheaper it could be, it seems so far these are honestly pretty damn cheap for what you get especially being made in the US mostly. The Magni already has some (while not necessarily perfect) positive feedback on it over in that thread comparing it to much more expensive amps.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #10 of 870

>Esterbrook SJ
Schiit guys confirmed for good taste in pens.

Sexy design as always; the ridiculously low price point of these has really got me curious.
Definitely interested, and keeping an eye out - they'll make awesome recommendations to budding headphone/PC audio enthusiasts.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #11 of 870
Schiit... knowing how to makes us impulsive buyers spend money without a second thought.

Eagerly awaiting for MY Magni+Modi. :wink:

Assuming the Modi is within a hair in performance to the ODAC, the ODAC is going up for sale. I prefer my equipment PAIRED. :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #13 of 870
Quote:
I'm not sure how much cheaper it could be, it seems so far these are honestly pretty damn cheap for what you get especially being made in the US mostly. The Magni already has some (while not necessarily perfect) positive feedback on it over in that thread comparing it to much more expensive amps.

Actually, this is a great question. We cause some people a lot of consternation because they expect us to participate in Black Friday sales, holiday promos, summer sales, package deals, loyalty programs, etc. The reality is that every one of those programs has exactly three effects:

1. It makes everyone wait for the sales, so suddenly your company is addicted to sales.
2. It makes everyone who bought before the sales wonder if they got screwed.
3. It makes everything cost more.

Read #3 again. The simplest sales model is one where everything is a fixed cost, no sales, no promos, no special package deals, no loyalty programs. And simple is inexpensive. Simple means we don't have to pass the cost along to you. Anytime we do a sale, start a promo, offer a package deal, or start a loyalty program, we're adding cost to our products.

That's why we have one price list, no discounts, no sales, no promos--because it passes the savings along to everyone.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #14 of 870
Quote:

Actually, this is a great question. We cause some people a lot of consternation because they expect us to participate in Black Friday sales, holiday promos, summer sales, package deals, loyalty programs, etc. The reality is that every one of those programs has exactly three effects:

1. It makes everyone wait for the sales, so suddenly your company is addicted to sales.
2. It makes everyone who bought before the sales wonder if they got screwed.
3. It makes everything cost more.

Read #3 again. The simplest sales model is one where everything is a fixed cost, no sales, no promos, no special package deals, no loyalty programs. And simple is inexpensive. Simple means we don't have to pass the cost along to you. Anytime we do a sale, start a promo, offer a package deal, or start a loyalty program, we're adding cost to our products.

That's why we have one price list, no discounts, no sales, no promos--because it passes the savings along to everyone.

Bravo!!! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back