Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #13,067 of 23,494

I doubt they are CCa tubes. I am pretty sure that Siemens made the CCa tubes specifically for the "Deutsche Bundespost". Why would Siemens put RCA on those tubes if they were selling them to the Deutsche Bundespost? The answer is that they would not. Now, those tubes very well could be E88CC tubes which look just like CCa tubes and have the same codes etched in the glass. But I have strong doubts above them being CCa tubes.

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #13,070 of 23,494
Jul 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #13,071 of 23,494
Guys it is extremely hard to keep up with the lightning fast responses in this thread!

Yeah, now that I am pretty much settled with the 6922 and 5670 tubes I like, and that I have enough to last a very long time, I am not doing much with these tubes. Since I got Freya, I have not been using my Mjolnir 2 as a preamp. I only listen to headphones about 5 hours a week so the Mjolnir 2 is not getting much use. The rest of the time I am listening to speakers using Freya as the preamp. Right now that is a nearfield setup in my home office. Soon (Tuesday if all goes well) I will have my 2 channel system all setup in my Library/listening room. A nice wood rack with Yggdrasil, Freya, Mjolnir 2, and two Vidar amps will be in that room.

I am not 100% sure how I am going to utilize my powered monitors in the home office. I may run a 20' RCA cable under the floor from Yggdrasil to the powered monitors directly and us the volume control on the front speaker. Or, I might get a Sys to control the volume. Or, I could use the Mimby I have instead. That would keep from having to drill a couple of holes in the hardwood floors or walls. I am sure that is how I will start. In fact, I just switched to that setup now.

Anyway, my point is that I don't have much reason to pay a lot of attention to 6922/5670 tube rolling. Hell, I already have a really nice cross section of 6SN7 tubes for Freya that should last me decades so I won't be paying too much attention to 6SN7 tube rolling threads either. I am kind of getting close to the endgame if the speakers I have coming work well with Vidar amps. I don't have plans to buy more expensive gear. Sure, I will upgrade my Schiit gear if Schiit comes out with better or upgraded components. But I am not planning on pursuing other vendors gear at this point. It will be nice to stop spending money on hardware and instead spend it on music. After all, I buying the hardware to listen to music. I am not buying music to listen to the hardware!

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #13,074 of 23,494
Jul 16, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #13,075 of 23,494
what are some all around good tubes around/únder 100€? Dont really know how to describe what im looking for, currently using some cheap voshkods 1972? They cost me just 20€ but were still improvement from stock.

almost only listen to metal, thanks alot :)!
These (if legit) seem VERY well priced. i think they've had two price drops in the last two weeks

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/292171855272

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #13,076 of 23,494
So I've been holding out on my tubes not listing them for sale as I'm lazy, but also because I was planning on getting the yggy (and perhaps Mj2 down the road), so I decided this month is the month... sadly out of stock in EU again, I'm not sure how many pieces of yggy these EU sellers order, but 90% of the year it's out of stock, then it's gone within a month, and that's 2 distributors now, not just one like a few years ago... quite annoying.

Edit: Also decided to check out ebay for some nice tubes and to my surprise I found these babies at a really nice price http://www.ebay.com/itm/253031414102

Looks like they may be Mullard 1961 Mitchams with milky ring on top as described here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=92210.msg1233113#msg1233113 by this guy adrianc who apparently has owned every most amazing 6dj8 tube that has ever existed .

Apparently he likes the ones from 1961 over the wrinkle glass ones from 1958-1960 (which I also want to try but seriously it's like they dont exist - very rarely you might see a single marketed as wrinkle glass but it's never with 3symbol codes and is from later years and is probably just dirty).

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #13,077 of 23,494
Jul 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #13,078 of 23,494
Jul 17, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #13,079 of 23,494
So I've been holding out on my tubes not listing them for sale as I'm lazy, but also because I was planning on getting the yggy (and perhaps Mj2 down the road), so I decided this month is the month... sadly out of stock in EU again, I'm not sure how many pieces of yggy these EU sellers order, but 90% of the year it's out of stock, then it's gone within a month, and that's 2 distributors now, not just one like a few years ago... quite annoying.

Yggy now comes with Gen 5 USB!! That is very cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back