RHA DAC/AMP L1
Feb 1, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #76 of 99
There is a review here: http://www.headfonia.com/review-rha-dacamp-l1-energy/3/

I was triggered by this comment from the review:
'.... Switching to full sized headphones. The new AudioQuest NightOwl is one of the headphones that impressed me most over the last few weeks. It sounds clear, precise and musical. It’s not as airy as the Hawk but I personally would say that’s a good thing. The L1 gives it all the power it needs and makes it sound incredibly good and detailed. This headphone surely will win a lot of the prizes this year and the DacAmp L1 is a great companion with it. Fully recommended... '

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #78 of 99
But why a mini-XLR connector? Seems rather exotic to me. Wouldn't the new 4.4 mm standard from sony be a better option?

Thanks for your question!

We felt the Mini-XLR offered the best solution to us in terms of the balanced output. We have been developing the Dacamp since before the 4.4mm became a standardized option as well. 

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #79 of 99
Thanks for your question!

We felt the Mini-XLR offered the best solution to us in terms of the balanced output. We have been developing the Dacamp since before the 4.4mm became a standardized option as well. 

Thnx for your reply!
I have been looking around on the net for the 4.4 mm option. And it seems to be another case of 'competing standards'. (I hope the picture works). It seems people here (in Europe/mainland )aren't going to bother with dedicated music players. They are hardly available, the Sony's the least, and forget about the 4.4 plug.

Portable amps + a smartphone are the way to go, at least if you want to have some turnover in a niche market. I think having a balanced output is a clever way for the RHA Dacamp to differentiate from the rest. It's imo a strong selling point. (apart from other aspects of the Dacamp. Enticing device :wink:
It's a different discussion, but the Achilles heel in general for everything involving headphones, seems to be the availabillity of cables and choice of plugs. Here the industry should really work out something. (Some have, by abandoning the cable alltogether)

standards.png

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #81 of 99
If I can't tame the charging "coil whine" on my Mojo, this amp is definitely on my short list of amps to replace the Mojo! Does anyone know if it can push my LCD-2F like the Mojo does (with authority)? I'm looking to use headphones in a transportable setup more than IEMs (I don't like sticking them in my ears).

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #83 of 99
You guys know if the L1 supports a Ipod classic 160GB (using the 30 pin to USB connector), especially the charging function?

I checked in the RHA homepage, but the classic is not in the list of IOS supported products

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #84 of 99
You guys know if the L1 supports a Ipod classic 160GB (using the 30 pin to USB connector), especially the charging function?

I checked in the RHA homepage, but the classic is not in the list of IOS supported products

I would like to know this as well.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #85 of 99

I would like to know this as well.

Thanks for the question! the Dacamp L1 only supports apple devices running iOS. Just let me know if you have any other questions!

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #86 of 99

Yes it does play via USB and charge, 160GB iPod Classic (last production, MC293LL). It won't work if you have earlier iPod Classic.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #87 of 99
 ​

​

Dacamp L1 + CL Series: Better Together
 ​
Introducing new bundle pricing!
 ​
 ​
 ​

​​​​      ​
 ​
 ​
Discover the ultimate audio experience when you combine our flagship CL1 Ceramic earphone with theDacamp L1 headphone amplifier. ​
 ​

​
 ​
Experience absolute sonic control, accuracy and purity by pairing the CL750 earphone with the Dacamp L1 headphone amplifier.​
 ​
Both bundles include a free upgrade to priority delivery*!
*Save up to 7% when buying a Dacamp L1 & CL Series earphone together. Bundle saving and priority delivery upgrade only applicable when purchasing via the RHA UK, US & EU websites. ​
 ​

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #88 of 99
hi everyone, can i use fiio L19 cable to connect my iphone 7 plus to rha dac and how?

update : yes it does

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #89 of 99

i am really so amazed by how great this dac/amp sounds, its among top items i bought since last year

it drives my lcd2 with authority and I really dig what I am hearing alot alot alot

I now can let my alo mk3 B retire as the rha dac/amp is so amazing with amazing features

i am really digging this 

just wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back