Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Jan 25, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #243 of 272
  You, sir gave me a regret for not getting the Massdrop III's. Hahaha! I am now itching for it!!! SELL ME ONE OF THOSE! lol

Join Massdrop and buy away! The Heaven III is one of the best, (if not the best), sub-$100 earphones you can buy. Obviously, YMMV. :)

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #244 of 272
Hey Hi-fi'er, how are the Heaven VI?

So I can answer this now honestly and fairly after a few minutes of listening to both after both have been pinked noised for 80 hours. The VI is just so much better and it should be right for the price? Well they are. The VI does everything the III's do (and likely all the ones below it) and better. The III's sound veiled and more laid back although they are forward in the midrange. The VI are even more clearer, more forward, spacious and deep (3D) and the highs are more sparkly with more detail but never sibilant. The VI also seem a tad punchier but not by much but seem tighter in the bass. It's hard to tell but both are great with bass and lower mids. Neither spill into the mids keeping them clean and clear. I'm retiring the III's already for the VI. The III's just don't compare, not even close but still for $69.00 they are keepers for other usage. The ONLY ONE con is that they have driver flex? I always read how BA don't have driver flex but they both do. I can only imagine what anything above the VI sound like. :D

*Update: After listening more to some FLAC music I realized that I am now able to hear artifacts that I've never detected before in the same music I've listened to many times. The VI can retrieve details and artifacts like breathing, and instruments with great separation and people talking in the background. These are very nice IEM's.

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #245 of 272
Envying you right now... I truly love my Heaven II and are really curious on how the VI sound.... Hopefully in near future..

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #246 of 272
So I can answer this now honestly and fairly after a few minutes of listening to both after both have been pinked noised for 80 hours. The VI is just so much better and it should be right for the price? Well they are. The VI does everything the III's do (and likely all the ones below it) and better. The III's sound veiled and more laid back although they are forward in the midrange. The VI are even more clearer, more forward, spacious and deep (3D) and the highs are more sparkly with more detail but never sibilant. The VI also seem a tad punchier but not by much but seem tighter in the bass. It's hard to tell but both are great with bass and lower mids. Neither spill into the mids keeping them clean and clear. I'm retiring the III's already for the VI. The III's just don't compare, not even close but still for $69.00 they are keepers for other usage. The ONLY ONE con is that they have driver flex? I always read how BA don't have driver flex but they both do. I can only imagine what anything above the VI sound like.
biggrin.gif

*Update: After listening more to some FLAC music I realized that I am now able to hear artifacts that I've never detected before in the same music I've listened to many times. The VI can retrieve details and artifacts like breathing, and instruments with great separation and people talking in the background. These are very nice IEM's.

I hate you. I hate you. My wallet hates you. I hate you. I hate you.

Thank you for the impressions. I have spent a bit of cash for audio equipment and then you tell me about the Heaven VI. I'm going to have to rationalize by saying that I am fairly treble adverse. (I put humbuckers in my Strat). Because I am treble adverse I don't need to buy the Heaven VI, right? C'mon you need to help me here...

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #247 of 272
I hate you. I hate you. My wallet hates you. I hate you. I hate you.

Thank you for the impressions. I have spent a bit of cash for audio equipment and then you tell me about the Heaven VI. I'm going to have to rationalize by saying that I am fairly treble adverse. (I put humbuckers in my Strat). Because I am treble adverse I don't need to buy the Heaven VI, right? C'mon you need to help me here...

Sorry, sorry sorry. I just really fell in love with the Heaven VI. Watch Ebay as that is where they can be had cheap. It was so luck of the century I go them for the price I did and glad as they are really smooth and detailed at the same time. They don't lack anything for me, but that's just my stupid opinion. Everyone has their own preference. :wink:

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #248 of 272
Sorry, sorry sorry. I just really fell in love with the Heaven VI. Watch Ebay as that is where they can be had cheap. It was so luck of the century I go them for the price I did and glad as they are really smooth and detailed at the same time. They don't lack anything for me, but that's just my stupid opinion. Everyone has their own preference.
wink.gif

Glad you like the Heaven VI - Final really does have a unique sound.  The VI are my go to IEM when I need some isolation, followed closely by the Heaven IV and the Heaven II.  Wish I could justify the coin to jump into the the Piano Forte line.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #249 of 272
One word I can truly say with the Heaven VI's. "Irreplaceable" And then pair 'em with an amp and Radsone music app. D-d-d-d-dayum! What I really like the most about Heaven VI's is the instrument separated you can hear every instruments used in the song!

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #253 of 272
Since you've been talking about amps, I'd like to repost my old post here for those who haven't noticed it:

Firstly, there was a post here by HoodedHoodlum:

"I've noticed that these are very dependent on source output impedance. When using my O2 or my Cayin C5, both of which have very low output impedances (.54 and .32 respectively) the sound is more lush, and what I assume is the intended sound signature. With my OnePlus One, they take on a very trebly character with sparkling highs and less bass quantity. With my Cowon i10 the sound comes very close to the O2 and C5, just with a tad less bass quantity, so the Cowon has an output impedance of just over 2 ohms, like 2.1X. Based on the 1/8th rule, you should use a source with output impedance of 2 ohms or less, especially with these as they are balanced armatures and have impedance swings that affect the frequency response rather greatly. What sources do you guys use?"

My reply:

"I agree with this. LH Labs Geek Out 100 amp+DAC has two output jacks: one with 0.47 ohm and one with 47 ohm output impedance. Heaven VI sounds more thin and trebly on the 47 ohm jack (feels more silent as well) and more lush on the 0.47 ohm jack. A certain dynamic driver IEM barely changes in terms of sound quality when I try this (the sound is louder on the 0.47 ohm jack). Connected to my laptop Heaven VI sounds thin and to my Note 4 (Exynos with Wolfram WM5110) it sounds lush.

Those who find Heaven VI too trebly or thin should try a lower output impedance source (balanced armature drivers are affected the most by the output impedance of a source, and the 1/8 rule of thumb (or the 1/8th rule) says to use a source that has output impedance lower than 1/8 of the headphone impedance). I use Comply foam tips to avoid vacuum seal issues that could change the sound quality and comfort. I use them reversed to avoid muffling the sound or losing treble due to the foam in front of the tube."

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #255 of 272
What's difference between hifiman re600 v2 vs Final audio vi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back