Revamp Acoustics
Jul 25, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #406 of 765
Oh man, I've given headfi a break recently and am so happy to see that others in the US are receiving their P1!

I just wish that the Indonesian Postal Service allowed TJ to ship with battery installed, which would've prevented many problems for everyone involved...

For my part, P1 has become my go-to DAP not only for routine music listening but also for testing out new gear, which I used to do with Lotoo PAW Gold. When I need more power for high impedance buds, it's P1 > A1.

I've tried (and own) many DAPs, and I'd wholeheartedly echo @HiFlight's comment that P1 competes with the TOTL DAPs I've tried. You do sacrifice creature comforts, but the SQ to price ratio is just insane!

Waiting to throw more cash at TJ for the new DAP and NuTube amp...
Would you say it is a clear step above from the M1S regardless of power output? Thank you

Edit: I wonder if this would be overkill for my usage because I enjoy using mid to high tier earbuds but not really much else.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #407 of 765
IMG_20170727_021204841.jpg

Nuansa A1 simply sounds great. I can't recommend it enough. Highly transparent, smooth, and spacious. It excells in all sound spectrum according to its source. It looks good, simple-to-use, and is durable enough. I really like it, compliment TJ for making it, and am happy overall.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #408 of 765
IMG_20170727_021204841.jpg

Nuansa A1 simply sounds great. I can't recommend it enough. Highly transparent, smooth, and spacious. It excells in all sound spectrum according to its source. It looks good, simple-to-use, and is durable enough. I really like it, compliment TJ for making it, and am happy overall.

I'm happy to know that you like a A1 sound signature.

To all, I'm on progress to revamping the P1 firmware, so possibly in next Month will be released some update, something about new structure playback and other fixes and improvement.
I hope that will be finished in next Month.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #411 of 765
But, Using internal Processor I can't achieve High resolution USB DAC transfer, something like P1 now 48khz 16bit.
Using dedicated USB DAC is more reliable, but I will not do that. the dimension will become more bulky.

I think the DAC feature would be more useful compared to having to remove the sd card for file changes.

Sorry I'm forget to update that the battery was shipped using Sea shipment about 1 week ago.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #413 of 765
But, Using internal Processor I can't achieve High resolution USB DAC transfer, something like P1 now 48khz 16bit.
Using dedicated USB DAC is more reliable, but I will not do that. the dimension will become more bulky.

Sorry I'm forget to update that the battery was shipped using Sea shipment about 1 week ago.

A lot of DAPs with that feature aren't hi-res via USB DAC. Imo, the added functionality is worth it even without hi-res (as long as the DAC function is reliable). Those who demand full hi-res output will focus on using a dedicated DAC.

Thanks for the update. I know it will take a while for the battery to arrive but I'm being patient.

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #415 of 765
After a few days with the P1 and A1... some thoughts. First I'd like to state that I own an iPhone 6, Sony NW-WM1A and Shanling M2s DAPs as my primary mobile audio sources. All three serve me well on a daily basis in different scenarios and they all have their pros and cons.
Add to this the P1. This DAP sounds phenomenal. I don't know how to put into words what I hear every time I listen to it. I'm an avid audio CD collector and most of my audio files are ALAC, FLAC and WAV rips by EAC and a few hi-res downloads of late. I don't fully understand what "multibit" is all about nor do I consider myself an "audiophile" but I've been grabbing the P1 daily purely because of its musicality. No EQ, no bells or whistles but all the details are there...it's got clarity, a decent soundstage and the sound is true to the source. Instruments sound real and I can easily locate them in space. The SQ has to be heard. I've got TOTL headphones and IEMs and even some cheap ones but it just makes everything sound brand new. The LINE OUT is clean too so when I need more power I just hook up the A1 to it and it's like they're a perfect match.

I'm totally satisfied with my purchase. Any additional tweaks to the firmware will just enhance this sonic beast. I'm looking forward to the next update. Thanks @tjstyle for an awesome DAP. You're on my radar for sure. More impressions to come...now back to listening!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #418 of 765
For sure @nmatheis. I'm convinced that @tjstyle is serious about audio!

It's just too bad his country makes it hard for him to export with the battery. That causes unnecessary problems for TJ and his overseas customers...

I'm waiting on TJ's upcoming PA10 DAP and NuTube amp. Gonna be good!

Aug 2, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #419 of 765
Battery arrived today; in half the expected time. Very well, triple packed inside a mini tupperware container. Thanks @tjstyle .

P1 is charging now but I just wanted to confirm that I installed the battery in the correct orientation. Not sure it matters but I won't be removing it anytime soon.

I ended up installing it with the protection circuit pointing downward. I tried it in the other direction (1st pic) but felt it put too much strain on the wiring once connected. I also used some 3M double-sided tape to adhere the battery to the back cover and keep it from resting on the circuitry.

20170802_125337_HDR-1195x2124.jpg
20170802_131832-1195x2124.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back