Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 2, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #5,821 of 6,943
just got a xbox one from a friend. Playing FF15... brings back some childhood memories although the game is nothing like the Final fantasy games in the past. It's fun but I had it for like 2 weeks and played 3 hours so far... I guess I'm an adult now... or just too much other stuff to do sigh...

8/10

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #5,822 of 6,943
Just started Anachronox recently. 2001 Sci-Fi game made by the same people who made Deus Ex, third person pseudo RPG with a normal action game exploration mode but pretty good turn-based combat. One of the funniest games ever made and in its first 20 minutes it shows more ambitious, better written world building than the entirety of most games. Definitely recommended. Only requires replacing one file (which you can find on ModDB) to get widescreen support.

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #5,823 of 6,943
About an hour ago, finished "Ending A" of Nier: Automata on PC. It's a great action RPG style game with very addictive, intricate, fast-paced combat. The art style very much says Square Enix; spikey hair, giant swords, etc. The story is about a futuristic war between Androids and machines (the Androids being created to fight for humans while they hide on the moon, the machines being created by alien lifeforms that invaded Earth) in the year 11,945 AD. Without getting into any details, suffice to say the story is bizarre, albeit entertaining. Took me close to 20 hours to get through "Ending A", but the game is meant to be played through multiple times, as each time you control and different character and see the events of the game unfold from their perspective. To see the "true" ending and unlock the last 1/3 of the game requires three playthroughs, four for the completionist.

I'm giving this one an 8/10. I really liked the gameplay, art direction, and story even if it was a little overwrought. Not sure if I'll go back from the other three playthroughs yet, gonna sit on it and see if I feel drawn back in.

Jul 7, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #5,824 of 6,943
Fable 2 - 10/10

One of my all time favorite games. I even like it more than Half Life 2 and Skyrim. I miss the days when games were this fun.
The main negatives of this game is the movement of the character could have been improved a little. It's not as bad as titles like Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption though.
It's also extremely easy (can't die, just get knocked out).

Love the combat and all the weapons you can get. Why can't more games have a (gun) targeting system like this?
When I'm sick of fighting things there is a lot of other stuff to do.
It's not really an open world, but it does feel like it sometimes.

Made me a bit sad when Microsoft closed Lionhead studios. I think they are the one that made them do Fable Legends first instead of Fable 4.
This was one reason I also bought a PS4 over the Xbox One.

BTW I found Fable 3 awful. Haven't played Anniversary yet though. Some prefer that to part 2.

So far i've been through part 2 about 3 or 4 times. By the time i'm done I usually own every single property in the game and have found all the weapons.
I got all perfect rounds in the Crucible (not too hard with practice) but was never able to get the Red Dragon unfortunately.

I could go on and on about all the funny things that happened in this game.

Also have been playing Final Fantasy XI after stopping for a year when they shut down the Xbox 360 version.
The Puppermaster job made the game fun again. I was able to tank a lot of difficult stuff and kill a lot of Notorius Monsters even my BST couldn't beat.
I also starter using my "PUP" as a ranger.

That's my most played game of all time and I give it a 10/10 of course.
It's best years were the last 5, but not enough people play anymore. About 350 on my server per day.

Anyone still play it? I'm on Lahksmi.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #5,825 of 6,943
About an hour ago, finished "Ending A" of Nier: Automata on PC. It's a great action RPG style game with very addictive, intricate, fast-paced combat. The art style very much says Square Enix; spikey hair, giant swords, etc. The story is about a futuristic war between Androids and machines (the Androids being created to fight for humans while they hide on the moon, the machines being created by alien lifeforms that invaded Earth) in the year 11,945 AD. Without getting into any details, suffice to say the story is bizarre, albeit entertaining. Took me close to 20 hours to get through "Ending A", but the game is meant to be played through multiple times, as each time you control and different character and see the events of the game unfold from their perspective. To see the "true" ending and unlock the last 1/3 of the game requires three playthroughs, four for the completionist.

I'm giving this one an 8/10. I really liked the gameplay, art direction, and story even if it was a little overwrought. Not sure if I'll go back from the other three playthroughs yet, gonna sit on it and see if I feel drawn back in.

I watched part of a Youtube review of Nier: Automata. The reviewer banged on about doing a half-hour review of it because he said it's so good.

----------

I am about 25 hours into Fallout 4, and loving it. With graphics on full, the world comes to life. (Says a lot for my budget monitor too.) I can't maintain 60fps with a GTX 980, and F4 also taxes my CPU to run under 60 fps. I could really do with a G-sync monitor rather than a massive PC upgrade.

I am not keen on the massive crafting aspect of F4, but it's liveable with for sure. It was more simplified with the previous system. It is really nice though, when you upgrade a weapon. I wonder if it's better. I think it was the learning curve which got me down. I just wanted to do missions and shoot enemies. However I was a good few hours in and had not even shot twenty enemies yet. I was staring at my PC wondering how the heck to build stuff.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #5,834 of 6,943
just got a xbox one from a friend. Playing FF15... brings back some childhood memories although the game is nothing like the Final fantasy games in the past. It's fun but I had it for like 2 weeks and played 3 hours so far... I guess I'm an adult now... or just too much other stuff to do sigh...

8/10
Talking about Final Fantasy of the past- I LOVED FFX. Tough to beat that one for its gameplay, music, story, and characters. Total 10/10 for me.

Currently playing Battleifeld 1 8.5/10
And GTA 5 in first person mode (beat it for 360 and finally playing it again for the first person perspective). Still tons of fun for me. 10/10.

I am getting tired of games now in general and I think it's time to buy a PS4 so I can play Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and Last of Us 2 whenever it comes out :)

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #5,835 of 6,943
I am playing Prey. Hard to rate and I have not finished it yet. Probably a good 7.2/10

While I like the game that Prey is underneath, wow it's hard work. Lots of googling about quests and side-quests. The maps, are too big; mazes: I hate them. Just a stressful experience, even though underneath all that there is a rocking good game.

I mean when you are making progress, it's as good as PC gaming gets. Just that progress is entirely hard work sometimes. There haven times when I simply would not have worked out what to do on a quest, without google. Many times when I have thought of given up in new areas because the maps are so big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back