R2R DA M1 Ultracap powered build
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #31 of 229

​The next step,trial balanced........

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #32 of 229

I never heard this fantastic sound in my life.....

beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #34 of 229
What 8,16,64 pcs???

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #35 of 229
Audio Gd Nfb1 Sabre powered with 3 ultracaps board (1.2v,3.3v,3.3v) Sound get much analog,softer,better microdetails,blacker background.......
But Dam1 have better midrange,and more real sounding,i can listen long long time.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #36 of 229
Today I did built my first Supercap psu, materials ordered at Bballas and followed his instructions.

It replaces a DIYINHK 0.8uV ultra low noise psu which feeds an Allo.com Kali reclocker on my Raspberry Pi.

Normally I use an Ian Canada FIFI II reclocker / isolator / DualXO board, all fed with seperate 0.8uV psu's.
This sounds better than the Allo.com Kali reclocker, probably because the Kali reclocker doesn't have an isolationboard between FIFO and XO-reclock stage.
For the moment the Ian's Canada FIFO II set is at Ian's home because I had some troubles with it, that is why I have Allo.com Kali reclocker for the time being.

As said, today I replaced the 0.8uV psu with the supercap powersupply, and, just started listening.

In one word: A M A Z I N G

It exceeds soundquality from Ian's Canada FIFO II kit, fed by 0.8uV ultra low noise psu's!
I notice improvements at all facets!

Here's my test setup:

Many thanks to Bballas for pointing me in this direction! For me this will be a gamechanger, now thinking on building a new dac, completely fed by supercap psu's.

Cheers to all, and keep up the good work! 
beerchug.gif

Regards,
Alex

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #37 of 229
  Today I did built my first Supercap psu, materials ordered at Bballas and followed his instructions.

It replaces a DIYINHK 0.8uV ultra low noise psu which feeds an Allo.com Kali reclocker on my Raspberry Pi.

Normally I use an Ian Canada FIFI II reclocker / isolator / DualXO board, all fed with seperate 0.8uV psu's.
This sounds better than the Allo.com Kali reclocker, probably because the Kali reclocker doesn't have an isolationboard between FIFO and XO-reclock stage.
For the moment the Ian's Canada FIFO II set is at Ian's home because I had some troubles with it, that is why I have Allo.com Kali reclocker for the time being.

As said, today I replaced the 0.8uV psu with the supercap powersupply, and, just started listening.

In one word: A M A Z I N G

It exceeds soundquality from Ian's Canada FIFO II kit, fed by 0.8uV ultra low noise psu's!
I notice improvements at all facets!

Here's my test setup:

Many thanks to Bballas for pointing me in this direction! For me this will be a gamechanger, now thinking on building a new dac, completely fed by supercap psu's.

Cheers to all, and keep up the good work! 
beerchug.gif

Regards,
Alex

beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #38 of 229
Enjoy The music Alex!!!!!
And go back to work!!hahaha...

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #39 of 229
Enjoy The music Alex!!!!!
And go back to work!!hahaha...

Hahahahahaha, first things first Balazs 
wink_face.gif
 which means, listening A LOT 
biggrin.gif

Yesterday evening listened again, after 2 days of burn-in time I really was very pleased, or, maybe say, shocked about it's sonic performance!
It definitely performs M U C H better than the Ian FIFO II kit, powered by 2 R-Cores, 2 EMI/RFI filters and 2 HQ LT3042 psu's!!!!!!

I was used to the Ian's FIFO kit-sound, which was overwhelming good, but this takes it to another level, again 
bigsmile_face.gif

The easiness of which it plays the deepest basses and the enormous tightness of it, and all of that with such a power reserve, it's almost alien.
Voices again gives me gooseflesh, all the details never heard before, in a musical matter, soundstage width, depth and highth, precision, it's lifelike.
I dare ANY analog set to compete with it, any day, any hour.......

I can't imagine how it will sound next saturday when it has completely burned-in, and, how will Ian's FIFO II kit perform when powered by this beauty???

For sure I will solder a few other ones and let them burn-in so they are ready for use when Ian's FIFO II kit again arrives at my doorstep 
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers  
beerchug.gif

P.s. Balazs, you were absolutely right when saying this is the best you've ever heard, in my opinion it is too!!! Thanks again for this great opportunity!!!!

Alex

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #40 of 229

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #41 of 229
Dac build....

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #42 of 229
I have a dream
No,this is reality!!!!!!

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #45 of 229

blink.gif
 How many amps does that DAC draw? KEE-RAY-ZEE!! :wink: 

30mA only per DA-M1 and maybe a few hundred mA's for outputstage....
Not sure what you meant with your post...

Supercaps / Ultracaps is about SQ and not about delivering lots of Amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back