Questyle QP1
Oct 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,206 of 4,272
Ok everyone take a deep breath. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,207 of 4,272
Thankful QPR1 moving forward but not to tackle the 5800 song limit is ludicrous to me.  This cannot be a complicated fix.  Really!

I have not yet verified whether or not that is part of this fw update or will be part of the next, but rest assured, it will be corrected soon enough. Just a little patience. :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #2,210 of 4,272
Wow 300-400 hours that seems an awful lot. Are these the guidelines given by Questyle?

Unlike other DAPs on the market, the QP1R has a fully discrete, Pure Class A amplifier built in! Like any high quality amplifier, there is a burn in period. Where the 300 to 400 hours came from, I do not know, however, I will tell you they do take about 100 hours of burn in before really blossoming.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #2,211 of 4,272
Unlike other DAPs on the market, the QP1R has a fully discrete, Pure Class A amplifier built in! Like any high quality amplifier, there is a burn in period. Where the 300 to 400 hours came from, I do not know, however, I will tell you they do take about 100 hours of burn in before really blossoming.

The reason why I said "No" was because there wasn't a definitive post from any Questyle representative regarding burn-in time.  I know that you and I discussed the QP1R's burn-in , but I did not want to post what may or may not have been appropriate to divulge publicly.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #2,212 of 4,272
  Thankful QPR1 moving forward but not to tackle the 5800 song limit is ludicrous to me.  This cannot be a complicated fix.  Really!

5800 songs, man I am such a loser with my 302 total. 
redface.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #2,213 of 4,272
Oct 29, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,214 of 4,272
Just curious to see what other owners of the QP1r have as firmware version and what software version it was shipped with.

Mine was:

HW Version: V4
SW Version: 1.0.2

I have since upgraded the SW to the beta 1.0.4
And yes, the HW version was deleted with the upgrade.
To me that's not a concern at all. 

Mine was V4, 1.02 then got my replacement set with V4, 1.00. Then update to 1.02 after got the firmware from Gary.

Anyway, V4, 1.02 is the launched spec, just not sure why mine is 1.00. Not big deal since no issue.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #2,215 of 4,272
Got my case from Dignis. Vary nice fit. Even came with a screen protector.

It does still fit in the case that Bruce gave me with the unit.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #2,217 of 4,272
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Hey Guys!

Time for a firmware update for your QP1R! It is not a major update, rather a series of small fixes to make the QP1R operate more smoothly. We are working on another update that will add some additional features.

Refer to the new firmware V1.0.4, below points were upgraded:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)  
1) Korea language UI upgraded

2) Gain Control: previous firmware it circles between "L-M-H-L", and return from "L-H-M-L". Now change to "L-M-H” and return as “H-M-L", to avoid demage headphone when gain jump from “Low” to “High”.

3) Adding EQ status indication (on right top there is an indication of “ EQ1” /“EQ2”).
The defult brightness is changed from 4 to 6.

4) Vibriation function is updated. If it’s “OFF”, after QP1R reset, it stays as “ OFF”.
Reduced the pulse in turning “ ON” or “ OFF” QP1R.

5) Settle the deadlock problem which happened in frequently plug in/plug out headphone jack, when DSD file is playing.

6) Deleted the Hardware Version description.

We appreciate any and all feedback.

The hardware may or may not be updated again, at some point, but the point is that customers at least have a right to know what hardware version they are buying, and it does look rather dubious if Questyle are deliberately trying to hide this from their customers.

Wow, really?!?! Why in the world would you assume that we are trying to hide something from our customers?!

Gee, I don't know - why would I think you were trying to hide something from your customers, if you have made a specific decision to unnecessarily remove a perfectly valid existing hardware version descriptor from your firmware?

You asked for feedback and I merely remarked that if you are deliberately trying to stop customers from seeing what the hardware version is, then it doesn't look good to prospective customers.

If you've nothing to hide, then that's great; I'm very happy to hear that - so why don't you just leave the hardware descriptor alone, so customers can easily read it whenever they wish? It would be good to give existing and potential customers peace of mind.

On a lighter note, I am pleased to see that the QP1R has been received positively by audiophiles, and I'm also pleased to see that efforts are being made to develop improved firmware. QP1R may well be a future purchase for me.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,218 of 4,272
Don't you think if there was an untoward ulterior motive, that they might also have omitted to mention the removal of the hardware number in the firmware changelog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back