Problem kind of solved (WARNING: Don't buy anything from HDTracks)
Jan 21, 2011 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Last Friday I placed an order for 7 hires cd's to download. After downloading 2 titles the download stops with an error. I have tried this on 4 different computers with the same result on all 4. I have send 4 emails and three requests via the web site with no response at all so am now launching a dispute via my credit card company to regain my $150.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 23

Quote:
Last Friday I placed an order for 7 hires cd's to download. After downloading 2 titles the download stops with an error. I have tried this on 4 different computers with the same result on all 4. I have send 4 emails and three requests via the web site with no response at all so am now launching a dispute via my credit card company to regain my $150.

I've downloaded several hi res CDs from HDTracks, no problem at all. YMMV.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 23
I have downloaded a large part of their Hi-res portfolio without any problems.  It does take a bit as they are large files but I have never had one just refuse to download.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 23
I too have previously downloaded several titles with no other problem thant it being slow, However with this order it downloads the first 2 cd's and then stops at the third track in the latest Diana Krall cd with the message that the file can't be downloaded at the moment and to check my internet connection. I have then tried on 3 other computers on 3 different internet connections and 3 different versions of Windows with exactly the same result, it stops on the third track of Diana Krall. And since this order can't be completed the download manager will not even try to start dowbloading my next order. And I'm getting no response from HDTracks at all to all my inquyeries which is very frustrating. I don't want to get my money back, I want to get my music and buy more. A possible technical issue I can accept but to get no response at all from them is unforgiveable. Ans I have contacted them from 3 different email addresse on different domains.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 23

Quote:
I too have previously downloaded several titles with no other problem thant it being slow, However with this order it downloads the first 2 cd's and then stops at the third track in the latest Diana Krall cd with the message that the file can't be downloaded at the moment and to check my internet connection. I have then tried on 3 other computers on 3 different internet connections and 3 different versions of Windows with exactly the same result, it stops on the third track of Diana Krall. And since this order can't be completed the download manager will not even try to start dowbloading my next order. And I'm getting no response from HDTracks at all to all my inquyeries which is very frustrating. I don't want to get my money back, I want to get my music and buy more. A possible technical issue I can accept but to get no response at all from them is unforgiveable. Ans I have contacted them from 3 different email addresse on different domains.

I agree, no response is unacceptable. I've never had to contact them, so I have no experience with their customer service. Hope it gets resolved favorably.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 23
12 minutes after posting this on HDTracks FaceBook page I have received a response. Let's see if the problems get resolved. I'll report back here

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 23
Refund for both orders has been issued and received. 30 minutes in the public acheived what a weeks attempts of emails couldnt. I would have preffered that the technical problem had been resolved so I had received the music. As it is now I'm effectively cut of from ever ordering from HDTracks again which is a shame as the selection is the best I've found anywhere on the web. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 23

Quote:
Refund for both orders has been issued and received. 30 minutes in the public acheived what a weeks attempts of emails couldnt. I would have preffered that the technical problem had been resolved so I had received the music. As it is now I'm effectively cut of from ever ordering from HDTracks again which is a shame as the selection is the best I've found anywhere on the web. 

Did HDTracks cut you off from buying from them, or are you cutting yourself off from buying from them? Just curious.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

Did HDTracks cut you off from buying from them, or are you cutting yourself off from buying from them? Just curious.

My interpretation is that HDTracks banned him....  nc8000 please clarify what happened.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 23

Quote:
and then stops at the third track in the latest Diana Krall cd with the message that the file can't be downloaded at the moment and to check my internet connection.

Same thing here, and it's never the internet connection, it's always an HD issue. What makes it worse is that when I hit 'resume', the d/load just hangs and does nothing. I have to shut off the d/load manager, log back into HD and then resume the d/load from 'my account' - but then it starts all over again from the beginning, even though the other tracks have already downloaded. There's no way to make it resume from the break, so I have to wait for the whole d/load to start over, like it didn't take long enough the first time round.

Last week when it happened, I emailed HD and said I was about to go over my Broadband allowance because the d/load kept resuming from the first track and hanging on the same buggy one, and the file sizes are big! I then said if I didn't hear something back soon, I'd have to ask for advice on Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Anyway, very shortly after I sent that email, I received a reply which ended with, "as far as completing your download, I can offer you direct links to the tracks on our cloudserver here:"... so I was finally able to resume from the broken track and finish the d/load, but the entire process took much longer than it should have done.

I think I've only bought about six CD's from HD, but I've had 'freezing' problems with at least four of them, no matter which computer I've tried to d/load from. Having said all that, I do like quite a few of their selections, but I wish there was an alternative method for d/loading. It's crazy that it can't resume from the last track after a connection issue.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 23
No they didn't ban me, it's simply that the download manager insists on starting from the oldest and buggy order and since that can't download I can't buy anything else and they never even offered to address the actual problem but at least I did get my money back but only after going public on FaceBook. And the download was SOOO slow. One album took about 6 hours despite me being on a 20MB line

Btw. anybody who haven't done so should check out the B&W Society Of Sound. Interesting selection og high quality hires music at a very good price

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #12 of 23
Sorry to hear you guys are having problems, but I noticed the 2 people that are having the problem are both international. Do you think that could be part of the problem?

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 23
No idea. technically there shouldn't be any difference but you never know. I have previously downloaded several titles with no problems. Also they have now cleared the refunded orders that were blocking and I have tried to place a new order for one album and that seems to be downloading ok but SLOOOOW

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #14 of 23
Have now been able to reorder and download 6 of the titles. I order one title at a time and download it. Does not go without retrys but at least they are coming down. Don't dare to try to reorder the title that caused the problem in the first place though.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #15 of 23
My 2cents,

The HDTracks download manager just plain SUCKS!
These guys have to get their act together, they are losing so much business
due to this clunky software.
I've had the same problems with slow DL's, then everything hanging up
and it was all a giant waste of time trying to get the download process to progress
by reloading the order. I wasted hours just trying to download one stinking album.
I have NEVER had any problems like this while downloading music elsewhere.
I dont care how big the files are, their software is junk.

I must say that when I had emailed them about this, their customer service was excellent.
They arranged it so I could download the files conventionally without thier
download manager program as the intermediary. Things went fine then.

I will not use HDTracks again until they announce to the public this shortcoming
regarding their service and that they have taken steps to ammend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back