OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Jul 18, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #333 of 533
Oh, I see, you meant your cables has that switch. Got it

no no, no switch on the cable. pins have to be shorted to enable OTG on the micro USB (credits to the photo owner)

OTG.JPG

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #335 of 533
I was at Canjam in London and I heard Opus#3 really nice player and excellent SQ. Can anyone comment if Spotify/Tidal can store offline content on this player? I had a bit of trouble communicating with the reps, if I could have cleared that I would have bought it on the spot as they were selling it for 600£

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #337 of 533
I only have Spotify and can only comment on it. Yes, the #3 fully supports Spotify - that includes its ability to store files offline.

That is super cool actually!

I'm working my way into my review and like with any other DAP, reviewing the OS firmware and software is the most interesting part, I want to test things so there is no misleading information in my words :darthsmile:

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #338 of 533
That is super cool actually!

I'm working my way into my review and like with any other DAP, reviewing the OS firmware and software is the most interesting part, I want to test things so there is no misleading information in my words :darthsmile:

a lot of DAPs have this capability actually - for as long as it supports Spotify - then theoretically it can also support the features of the app. Yes, you may test it yourself. But I can definitely confirm that it works. Been using offline mode since i got my #3.

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #340 of 533
I am trying to get USB player pro apk, anyone know a good place ?

What do you need help with? :darthsmile:

Also, my review is in the works. I Opus #3 replaced FiiO X5ii and became my daily DAP actually, I am impressed by this and after sideloading a few apps to make usage a bit more comfortable, Opus #3 feels like a true high-end DAP.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #342 of 533
I love USB player pro and I want to download APk to install in opus 3....don't know where to get a good one

Oh, I see!

I starred for one minute at this link since it looked so generic :triportsad:

Anyways, have you tried this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&hl=en

The program extracts APK files from what you already have installed, if you extract the APK while the app is installed on another device and you install the APK on Opus #3, it should work out nicely.

I don't have USB player installed so I honestly do not know if it works and cannot test, but this should work in theory.

I might try installing google services and such sometime later and see where that takes us:darthsmile:

Also an advice for all Opus #3 users, installing this will make your experience just so much better!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kimcy92.navigationbar&hl=en

The idea is known to me from my Mi Max which has a similar tool from which you can start a series of options on the right side of the screen, all Andoird devices should come with this for better usability IMHO.

P.S. I'm having quite a bit of fun using Opus #3, people should consider this one more when making a purchase, the top end especially is so vibrant and energetic that it makes a true eye-opening portable experience :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #343 of 533
Hi folks! First time in this forum.
I recently bought the Opus 3.
Gotta say, the song signature is quite different from DX200.
Downloaded NewPipe so I can play YouTube videos with it.
While I used the app, I found out that Opus 3 has built in browser. But will instantly crash it you use it in landscape.
This is the problem with Opus 3,if the screen isn't portrait, the build in apps will instantly crash. Gonna find some software buttons that will rotate the screen.
Also the WiFi connection isn't good.
I do like the fact that it's gimped android, it feels much smoother.
The price of Opus 3 is really nice here in Hong Kong. $4370 HKD, which is about $550 USD. A really good purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #344 of 533
Hi folks! First time in this forum.
I recently bought the Opus 3.
Gotta say, the song signature is quite different from DX200.
Downloaded NewPipe so I can play YouTube videos with it.
While I used the app, I found out that Opus 3 has built in browser. But will instantly crash it you use it in landscape.
This is the problem with Opus 3,if the screen isn't portrait, the build in apps will instantly crash. Gonna find some software buttons that will rotate the screen.
Also the WiFi connection isn't good.
I do like the fact that it's gimped android, it feels much smoother.
The price of Opus 3 is really nice here in Hong Kong. $4370 HKD, which is about $550 USD. A really good purchase.

glad you're liking you #3 - and you got it at a very good price too!

regarding the app crashing - the #3 doesn't have a full blown android OS - so some apps are really bound to face issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back