opinions on the DT770 '05 600 ohm?
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #106 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, indeed they're very analytical...well at least you know you don't want studio grade headphones
wink.gif

Well, my other two headphones are geared towards to the professional music market
confused.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #107 of 150
well, I'm only paraphrasing what you said : "They would be the perfect studio headphone IMO. Neutral to the bone".

I haven't heard your other HP, so I can't comment....all I know is that my 770/600 upper spectrum sounds very transparent(a lot more than the 770/250), and I loooooooove it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #108 of 150
So I'm thinking of getting a pair of Manufaktur DT770's for low level listening. Is leather pads and 600 ohm the way to go? Currently I use the Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro and yet small it's pretty powerful and has a good headphone out.
I would really appreciate some help here!

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #109 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm thinking of getting a pair of Manufaktur DT770's for low level listening. Is leather pads and 600 ohm the way to go? Currently I use the Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro and yet small it's pretty powerful and has a good headphone out.
I would really appreciate some help here!

The sensitivity of the DT770/600 is rather high.
So using them for low level listening should be no problem I guess.

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #110 of 150
quite honestly the DT770/600Ω sounds great, really great!...but its price brand new is a bit over the top IMHO(that's what full customization costs I was told by Beyer), like Tiemen who sent it back for a refund coz he didn't find it to sound "300 EUR" good.

if you can shell out 300, you can prolly go up 400/450...then you'd reach a cd3k(if you can find one), a d7k or a brand new european dx1k...or even the dx700 from pricejapan(433 EUR shipped).

this said if you can find one w/ leather ear pads+headband second hand for 200, then it's a deal! I happen to be on the verge of selling mine btw
hiddensmile.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #111 of 150
Time to resurrect this old thread...

My wife "insisted" that I pick up a pair of closed headphones (after I sold off my D7000s) as my current three: T1/HD800/RS1i 's all leak copious amounts of music to listen to when she and the kids are in the room.

I was "given" a budget of $250 by the boss to meet this requirement and I was able to get an outstanding deal on a new set (Consumer Premium edition 600 ohm version).

They arrived this past Friday and have about 70+ hours on them and I really, really like'em.
beyersmile.png

These are definitely not the 80ohm Pro bass canon versions, they are surprisingly balanced (especially for a closed headphone) and sound very similar (to my ears anyway) to the DT880/600 ohm version.

From memory, the DT880s had a slightly bigger sound stage and had a more airy affect (not surprisingly for an open headphone), but the DT770/600 have slightly more bass impact (which I like) and the treble doesn't seem as bright (they do seem slightly warmer overall). And as closed headphones, they actually isolate better than any full sized headphone I've heard and rival some of my IEMs in this regard.

Comfort wise, I am super happy (
biggrin.gif
) that they are as comfortable as the DT880s (which along with the HD800s are the most comfortable headphones I've ever had on my head). Their construction is classic beyerdynamic! Sturdy, well built and light on the head.

I do prefer them quite a bit to my (now sold) Shure SRH840s. They are way, way more comfortable and no where as hot on my head. Sound wise, they are more revealing (very close to the DT880/600) and offer better sound staging, detail retrieval, and bass control.

As mentioned, I am surprised just how similar they sound to the DT880/600 and do seem slightly warmer (which again is a good thing for me).

So if you're looking for a good closed headphone and have a pretty good tube amp and are a fan of the beyer DT880s, I would seriously recommend giving the DT770/600's a listen.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #112 of 150
Judging by the price, this is not Manufaktur, I assume. Did you have a chance to measure impedance between left and right channel?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My wife "insisted" that I pick up a pair of closed headphones (after I sold off my D7000s) as my current three: T1/HD800/RS1i 's all leak copious amounts of music to listen to when she and the kids are in the room.

I was "given" a budget of $250 by the boss to meet this requirement and I was able to get an outstanding deal on a new set (Consumer Premium edition 600 ohm version).

They arrived this past Friday and have about 70+ hours on them and I really, really like'em.
beyersmile.png

These are definitely not the 80ohm Pro bass canon versions, they are surprisingly balanced (especially for a closed headphone) and sound very similar (to my ears anyway) to the DT880/600 ohm version.

From memory, the DT880s had a slightly bigger sound stage and had a more airy affect (not surprisingly for an open headphone), but the DT770/600 have slightly more bass impact (which I like) and the treble doesn't seem as bright (they do seem slightly warmer overall). And as closed headphones, they actually isolate better than any full sized headphone I've heard and rival some of my IEMs in this regard.

Comfort wise, I am super happy (
biggrin.gif
) that they are as comfortable as the DT880s (which along with the HD800s are the most comfortable headphones I've ever had on my head). Their construction is classic beyerdynamic! Sturdy, well built and light on the head.

I do prefer them quite a bit to my (now sold) Shure SRH840s. They are way, way more comfortable and no where as hot on my head. Sound wise, they are more revealing (very close to the DT880/600) and offer better sound staging, detail retrieval, and bass control.

As mentioned, I am surprised just how similar they sound to the DT880/600 and do seem slightly warmer (which again is a good thing for me).

So if you're looking for a good closed headphone and have a pretty good tube amp and are a fan of the beyer DT880s, I would seriously recommend giving the DT770/600's a listen.

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #113 of 150
Quote:

beyersmile.png

Do you have the velour earpads on them, or the leather ones?

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #114 of 150
Quote:

From memory, the DT880s had a slightly bigger sound stage and had a more airy affect (not surprisingly for an open headphone), but the DT770/600 have slightly more bass impact (which I like) and the treble doesn't seem as bright (they do seem slightly warmer overall).

And if you can still remember, how would you describe their sound and your overall preferences compared to your old D7000?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #115 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging by the price, this is not Manufaktur, I assume. Did you have a chance to measure impedance between left and right channel?

Thanks

No they are not the Manufacktur and yes I did confirm that the box had 600 ohm version printed on and and I did measure the impedance (600 on both sides ohms actually) when I first received them (from an authorized beyer dealer).
icon10.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #116 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have the velour earpads on them, or the leather ones?

Velour pads. Oh so comfortable....

I've been trying to land a pair of J$ pads so if you know anyone wanting to sell theirs....

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #117 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by eucariote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if you can still remember, how would you describe their sound and your overall preferences compared to your old D7000?
smily_headphones1.gif

How does night and day sound?

The D7000s were wonderfully lush and coloured headphones with incredibly impact full bass. I would consider the DT700/600's balanced headphones, with great deep controlled bass (more impactful than the DT880s, but quite a bit less than the D7000s), great and rich mids with sparkling treble. Many have complained that the treble could be too bright, but with my tube amp and my "Grado tuned" ears, I find the treble great.

The DT770s do isolate quite a bit better than the D7000s and are slightly more comfortable. For rock I do prefer the D7000s, but overall (jazz/rock/classical), I think I might prefer the more balanced presentation of the DT770/600.
beyersmile.png

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #118 of 150
The 770/600 are an under-appreciated headphone, IMO - I agree with your comments on them, and nice to see you like them! They are indeed great with tubes
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #119 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 770/600 are an under-appreciated headphone, IMO - I agree with your comments on them, and nice to see you like them! They are indeed great with tubes
smily_headphones1.gif

How about with a SS rig?

Skylab: what differences did you find with the 880/600 and the 770/600's?

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #120 of 150
I also think the 770/600 and 880/600 are quite similar sounding. MH described the differences very well, IMO. Aside from a slightly more restricted soundstage, the sound is very similar. I need to add though that BOTH my 770 and 880 are recabled.

The 770/600 can sound good on a SS rig, as long as that SS amp is up to the task of driving 600 ohm headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back