Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
May 16, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #571 of 799
Onkyo has moved in right direction with GranBeat. But the price alone, while it can convince most of us here, will be a tough sell, with the competition in form of cheaper G6, V20, and coming potential future V30.

As a V10 owner, I don't think Onkyo needs to worry too much about LG phones. While my phone has great sound, it gets hot very easily and I heard that many V10 phones died due to overheat. Plus, LG sux in phone software, even though my V10 is still kicking, it is becoming sluggish day after day. I heard that V20 has fewer overheat issues but the software still sux. So I am planning to get a Granbeat when its used price hits my sweet spot.

Jun 3, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #572 of 799
So I have been loving the narrow lock range adjustment. But getting it all the way to right, or even one step from the right, will make the music skips a lot. My sweet spot is one step from normal to narrow.

Any idea what can I do to use the narrower lock range without music skipping?

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #573 of 799
I'm looking at ordering the granbeat from Amazon Japan to Vancouver Canada. Has anyone had experience ordering from Amazon Japan to the US or Canada? I was wondering what the shipping time was and who the courier is they use. Is it DHL? I'm aware that LTE won't work here but 3G speeds should be sufficient for my needs.

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #574 of 799
been using this for almost 2 weeks now

been looking for this an all-in-one phone (DAP priority). i'm glad Onkyo made this.

just sold my 6S Plus (time to go android). i'd say the battery life is slightly above average. but it gets hot easily especially if i use data.
i hope the batt life still improves. the volume rocker sometimes is a bit distracting, when i pick up my phone from the pocket and check it, afterwards sometimes i accidentally hit the volume rocker when putting it back on my pocket and changes the profile, i get surprised sometimes it's in Do Not Disturb Mode and i don't intend to use the "hold" clicker. Another thing is I also sometimes hit the Play button accidentally.

it's a looker and most of the time people were asking me about this phone.
SQ wise, i've no gripes. works very well with my IEMS especially iSine 10 and 20.

Jul 10, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #575 of 799
Same experience with the volume wheel, but using case helps a lot here. :)

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #577 of 799
On a recent trip to Canada I visited an Onkyo dealer who sells the DP-X1 and the A version. I talked to him about the Granbeat and he mentioned that an Onkyo rep had told him there was a Granbeat version being developed for the North American market which would address the LTE incompatibility of the Asian versions. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I had been considering ordering a Japanese version from Amazon.jp but will wait if these rumours are valid.

Jul 12, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #580 of 799
Hi, I just bought one myself and I'm really liking it so far but... couldn't seem to find replaygain... Does the native player have one? Or am I being a bit lame and overlooked something quite obvious? (self-depreciation, not sarcasm). And is there a way to transfer files via foobar to this thing. I've got a nice little string for folder ordering. Preferably without taking out the SD card because it's the same tray as the sim. I'm really not feeling the 'X-dap link'.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #581 of 799
And is there a way to transfer files via foobar to this thing. I've got a nice little string for folder ordering. Preferably without taking out the SD card because it's the same tray as the sim. I'm really not feeling the 'X-dap link'.

Be sure to select MTP (in the USB connection notification area) when you connect the USB to your computer, I use MediaGo from Sony to transfer my music so you should be able to use Foobar, I guess (never used it).

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #585 of 799
Anyone know if this phone will work on Verizon's network?

No, the rest of the world uses GSM frequencies while Verizon (and Sprint) have to be "special" and use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back