Objectivists board room
Jun 20, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #3,721 of 4,545
And, since Spock came up, I have to say he's my favorite of the main three from TOS.

THREE?! Is Scotty like the "and the rest" on Gilligan's Island now?

My favorite Star Trek character is Mugato.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #3,723 of 4,545
It's objective if you're basing your level of interest on measurements.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #3,725 of 4,545
It's objective if you're basing your level of interest on measurements.
Nope, only the measurements are objective. Your interest is based on your subjective evaluation of objective measurements. Example: what THD measurement would you consider below audibility? 3%?
1%
.3%
.1%
0.1% (does the zero make the number seem smaller?)
.03%
.01%

Different people will have different acceptable minimums. Others will want more than one figure. The numbers are just measurements, what hey mean to you is subjective.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,727 of 4,545
Mary Ann's measurements are objective, what you think of them...or think of when you hear them...is subjective.

But to provide incontrovertible proof of concept, I think we should run some experiments.
You're a little late for that, she's 78. Then again that may be a subjective judgement, for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #3,731 of 4,545
How did that burn in thread land here? Did they think we would be interested in it?

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #3,732 of 4,545
I put it there. Subjective claims being made, when objective measurements tell us that the likelihood of it being audible are next to nil. We're not talking speakers - we're talking IEMs, and dynamic drivers to boot. Sound Science is the obvious place to put it. Do you have an objection?

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,733 of 4,545
yesterday I demonstrated once again how good I am at being an idiot. I was trying to get lost in the woods with an audiobook in my ears like I like to do to relax(it's my "fishing" moment), and between chapters there was this cool Bela Fleck version of Dance macabre. BTW I guessed who it was right away thanks mostly to my total ignorance, as the only guy I know by name with a banjo is him. banjo isn't really big in France ^_^.

I really enjoyed it and behaved like a fool between each chapters, walking at the pace of the music and playing "air whatever" with my hands. silly but so fun.
so of course I come home and look for it on youtube to get the full piece before I decide to buy it if it's available, and while still cool, it felt slow and dull in comparison. so here I am wondering if there is another version, plugging my IEMs in case that's why it doesn't feel the same. I was looking for anything, even checked that my EQ was OFF. I find nothing and conclude that somehow it must have something to do with walking and how good I felt up there in the mountain.

turns out I was listening to the audiobook at 1.5X the speed ^_^.
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.burningshadow.dk%2FGalleries%2FFacepalm%2FFacepalm3.jpg

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #3,734 of 4,545
I put it there. Subjective claims being made, when objective measurements tell us that the likelihood of it being audible are next to nil. We're not talking speakers - we're talking IEMs, and dynamic drivers to boot. Sound Science is the obvious place to put it. Do you have an objection?

No, I just wonder if anyone here will jump in on it. It's specific to a particular brand of IEMs. We've had lots of general burn in threads already. Maybe someone in here is familiar with that particular model and can comment.

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,735 of 4,545
My favorite burn in fables are about DACs. I have to fasten my seatbelt before reading them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back