1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Objectivists board room

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by joe bloggs, May 28, 2015.
First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last
  1. Strangelove424
    Ok, didn't realize the R100 price was for the pair. That's not bad either. Interesting that they place the tweeter mid-woofer and direct it. I bet the imaging is great.

The audiophile look of 2017 is 1949, and the 1985 audiophile look was 2017. Go figure.

Maybe if I go back to the 80's I'll be cool again.

2. castleofargh Contributor
    tubes as resistors in the R2R ladder.
    and for the analog section of the DAC I want something with one tube of different size per octave because of course it makes sense, and each octave separated by a crossover design.
    then I guess we can't stop half way so we have to provide this balanced.

3. U-3C
    Don't give them (Schiit) ideas!!!

Ah yes, the infamous Nobsound.

They actually have some decent cheap products. Rest are pretty terrible. I have a small "tube" amp that is under their name but is sold u by many brands. It looks nice. Many people like the sound. I just use it as a hand warmer for fun during the winter. Don't buy it if you want a cheap tube amp thou...

-----------------

Speaking of which...

Remember those quantum stickers things people we sticking into their DAPs?

http://gizmodo.com/nasa-calls-bull****-on-goops-120-bio-frequency-healing-1796309360

If only establishment with well respected authority and a genuine heart to set things right exists in this industry of audiophilia...

4. pinnahertz
    ...making it a Tube2Tube ladder.

5. castleofargh Contributor
    [​IMG]

6. StanD
    My dear fellows, that is an abuse of transconductance. Aha, we have a new audiophile term.

7. Strangelove424
    Random observation... I love the feel of headphones after a haircut. The seal feels better, and any kind of relief from the feeling of wearing ear muffs in summer is welcome.

8. Argyris Contributor
    I've experienced similar after getting my hair cut. I let it get so out of control the last time, I actually had to contract the sizing adjusters on my HD 600 one click per side after my latest cut. Since I don't recall extending them at any point when my hair was growing, I can only imagine the headband and/or pads got worn in by the increased pressure from the extra hair. Whatever the case, afterward the fit is more secure and just feels better without all the hair in the way.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  9. Strangelove424
    I'm actually wearing HD600's right now! Due to the snug clamping, they feel the most different after a cut. Always wondered if my hair could wear down the pads, but figured that skull pressure could probably do the same. I had to go a click tighter too, but only on one side. One of my ears is lower than the other, so it tends to mess with my headband settings, among other things.

I found my giant Grado extension cable recently, so I'm all the way in the backyard, controlling the computer's song list through my phone. Life is good.

10. StanD
  11. upstateguy
    Just reading through the posts today, but maybe (a little) TMI ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  12. Strangelove424
    Ha, maybe, but with all the custom IEM pictures around HeadFi, are you really grossed out about the idea of an a-symmetrical ear? God forbid you had to cross my path in the real world, and gaze but for a moment at my ghastly form, lumbering toward you with my slightly uneven sideburn.

13. bigshot
    photos or it didn't happen

14. StanD
    Along with certified measurements and the results of a hearing test.

15. upstateguy
    Oh no, anything but uneven sideburns :L3000:

First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last