New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jun 9, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #2,267 of 3,924
The cable works perfectly, from a technical point of view. From an audiophile perspective I am still evaluating it.
It looks nice and it is very flexible. The connectors seem to be of good quality and it seems a reliable choice.

T1_Custom_Cans_Cable.jpg

Regarding the sound, the first impression was that it has more bass than the stock one and less highs. But maybe it needs some burn in or more listening hours to be able to fully evaluate it.
I had the same impression of the difference when I first changed the stock HD600 cable with a Furutech one.
Since I was not very pleased with the sound, I also changed my tubes to fit better the new situation and the results were improved.
We will hear in some days with more impressions. Until then, good job Custom Cans.

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #2,268 of 3,924
I have just hooked up a new "bimby" multibit dac with the latest WIN drivers and am using it to drive a Vahalla 2, with Beyer T1's 2nd gen...first impression is that this is a very
very nice setup...about as nice as I have ever heard and I have 9 amps, 4 dacs and many headphones over the last few months.

This is pretty close to the end game to me...the nuances, clarity and just pure musical enjoyment with this multibit dac, amp and cans is really as good as I have
ever experienced...very holographic...makes me "giddy" listening...dont want to stop "good".

Alex

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2,271 of 3,924
After some listening sessions with the custom and stock cable, I reached the conclusion that I like the stock one more than the custom one. Strange isn't it? The custom one is colder and somehow the highs are muffled.
First I said that I need some listening hours, then I said that the stock one adds some distortion in the highs. But in the end, I still prefered it, more airy somehow. Anyone has any opinion related to the stock cable vs custom ones for T1.2?

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #2,272 of 3,924
After some listening sessions with the custom and stock cable, I reached the conclusion that I like the stock one more than the custom one. Strange isn't it? The custom one is colder and somehow the highs are muffled.
First I said that I need some listening hours, then I said that the stock one adds some distortion in the highs. But in the end, I still prefered it, more airy somehow. Anyone has any opinion related to the stock cable vs custom ones for T1.2?
Thought I heard somewhere that Cardas supplies the stock cable for the T1.2.

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2,273 of 3,924
Well, whoever supplies it, it is doing a quite good job. Curious about the Black Dragon V2 from Moon Audio but it is quite expensive. Anyone in Europe selling Moon Audio stuff?

Jun 28, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #2,274 of 3,924
Thought I heard somewhere that Cardas supplies the stock cable for the T1.2.

Not cardas that I know of, but it uses the same as the Sennheiser HD800 cable, it's 7N OCC copper, which is good material to work with.

I think you need to go right up the range to get a better than stock one, the Customcans one is likely lower quality than the stock in my opinion.

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #2,275 of 3,924
First of all I will try to see what options I have in Europe for these headphones. Because from US I have to pay additional shipping + VAT charges and the price will increase too much.
I am really curious about the Black Dragon V2. It is expensive, but T1.2 are the best headphones I ever heard, and I plan to keep them a lot, and most probably buy a second pair if these break in years.
I do not think I can find something better, so maybe the investment in the Moon Audio one makes sense. Unfortunetely the ship only from US.

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #2,276 of 3,924
First of all I will try to see what options I have in Europe for these headphones. Because from US I have to pay additional shipping + VAT charges and the price will increase too much.
I am really curious about the Black Dragon V2. It is expensive, but T1.2 are the best headphones I ever heard, and I plan to keep them a lot, and most probably buy a second pair if these break in years.
I do not think I can find something better, so maybe the investment in the Moon Audio one makes sense. Unfortunetely the ship only from US.

I higly recommend Forza Audioworks and Toxic Cables within the EU :D

What improvements are you looking for?

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #2,277 of 3,924
I started looking for cables because I needed a 1.5m one to replace the stock 3m. Basicaly I tried to find a fuller sound with better highs and mids because I hear the T1.2 kind of V-shaped with recessed mids.
I solved the problem via tube-rolling but still, I tried to see if I can obtain a better sound via a new cable. Unfortunately my choice was wrong, so I guess I will stick to the stock one until I will find out if something better exists.

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #2,280 of 3,924
2Qute is a very good choice also, and since there are rumors of the 3Qute and the recently released Hugo2, I saw a lot of discounts for it. So grab it people, incredible DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back