New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
May 17, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,238 of 3,924
hey sorry if this has been discussed but I love the T1's and it is not as easy to search the threads. I feel like the reproduction is better than anything I've heard in 20 years and this summer I am going to land new IEM.

Anyone have opinions about IEM that come close to this open gorgeous sound that T1.2 gives? I hope to demo their Xelento but am hoping to hear from T1 fans. Thank's everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 17, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #2,239 of 3,924
I emailed the product manager at Beyerdynamic to ask about the output impedance of the A2, and here's what he said:

So although the A2 has a high output impedance, the design is such that it doesn't affect the damping factor as you would expect.

I read on some German hifi forums that some people use impedance adaptors with the T1, so I just made one, and am just trying it with my T1s at the moment.

-Mark.

hey Mark, can you talk more about impedance adaptor? I have T1.2 and mojo but sometimes I like to use JDS2 objective amp plus Mojo DAC. At high volume the T1 still has low noise and the instrument separation is...wow.

Would I need an impedance adaptor when using Mojo? Hugo 2 is on order and is more powerful output. thanks!

May 17, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #2,241 of 3,924
If you had the choice to own Focal Elear + T1.2 OR just Focal Utopia, which would you choose? :)

Personally, I'd be all over the Elear. I really enjoyed the T1.2 (owned it and reviewed it), but the Elears are unreal.

May 18, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #2,242 of 3,924
hey Mark, can you talk more about impedance adaptor? I have T1.2 and mojo but sometimes I like to use JDS2 objective amp plus Mojo DAC. At high volume the T1 still has low noise and the instrument separation is...wow.

Would I need an impedance adaptor when using Mojo? Hugo 2 is on order and is more powerful output. thanks!

The impedance adaptor is just resistors in series with the headphone output. I used 100 ohms, and I also tried 120. This is basically what the Beyerdynamic amplified have, so I was interested to hear the difference. The idea is that they act as a voltage divider and boost the bass and calm the treble relative to one another. I can't say that I really noticed much difference though. I should calculate how many decibels difference it would make. I also bought a Beyerdynamice A20 to see if I would notice any difference with that, but I didn't; the tonality was similar - it just lost a little transparency.

The mojo has plenty of power, or voltage, to drive the T1s, so no need for the Hugo in that regard. Would be interesting to know how the Hugo 2 sounds though, as its DAC is different. If anybody can quantify how much power they think the T1s need, I'd like to know.

-Mark.

May 24, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #2,243 of 3,924
Personally, I'd be all over the Elear. I really enjoyed the T1.2 (owned it and reviewed it), but the Elears are unreal.

Elear is too dark for me. I can't listen to it without EQ.

May 25, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #2,245 of 3,924
Hi guys! I'm now pairing my T1 2nd with Beyerdynamic A1, but I'm feeling the sound is a little 'dark' to me. The mids are gorgeous but the highs are not enough I think. I'm considering upgrading my amp, any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

May 26, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #2,247 of 3,924
What custom cables are you using? I would like to buy an additional 1.4m cable for T1.2, black and not textile if possible, for easier cleanpup. However a good quality one which will preserve the stock sound which is great.
Any recommendations? Thanks!

May 29, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #2,248 of 3,924
I've heard that Chord Mojo can't drive T1.2s to their maximum capacity, but will the result be better than T5p.2+Mojo?

May 29, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #2,249 of 3,924
I've heard that Chord Mojo can't drive T1.2s to their maximum capacity, but will the result be better than T5p.2+Mojo?

The Mojo has no issues driving the T5p. The Amiron Home and DT 1990 are also well driven by the Mojo. It's really just the T1 which doesn't work well on it simply because it's not enough power for a 600 ohm headphone.

May 29, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #2,250 of 3,924
The Mojo has no issues driving the T5p. The Amiron Home and DT 1990 are also well driven by the Mojo. It's really just the T1 which doesn't work well on it simply because it's not enough power for a 600 ohm headphone.
That's unfortunate. I bought the Mojo assuming it can drive 600 ohm cans. and T1 seems like a pretty good option considering it's semi-open. But I can't afford both the T1 AND an Amp. I wish they made a 250ohm version of the T1.
Now would you recommend getting the T5p.2 or going for the Amiron or DT 1990? I heard that Tp5 has a very good soundstage for a closed back can and that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back