New Audeze LCD3
Mar 29, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #11,401 of 11,521
I hope you feel better Wildcatsare. I am glad you have found a great amp for your LCD 3. I need to audition the LCD 3 or 4 so I can sample the famed Audeze house sound.

Thanks Dog!!! I'm physically able to make it back up to my Audio Room, so it's a slice of Heaven. How are you doing my Friend?

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #11,404 of 11,521

Actually, I am not sure about the tube sound. Will it make LCD 3 too warm?

You could swap to the solid state LISST tubes if you want a neutral sound.
But of course, there are other good alternatives too.

You know......that's not a bad idea.
Anyways, what other alternatives would you suggest? Looking for something around 500

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #11,405 of 11,521
Thanks Dog!!! I'm physically able to make it back up to my Audio Room, so it's a slice of Heaven. How are you doing my Friend?

I a. Doing good, being patient as the doctor finds the cause of my very high blood pressure.Doctor thinks its scar tissue pressing against an artery. I am kicking back listening to Dave Brubeck, through my CD player into my Yggdrasil and Liquid Gold. The music helps me heal and I am sure your music will help heal you as well as put a smile on your face.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #11,406 of 11,521

I a. Doing good, being patient as the doctor finds the cause of my very high blood pressure.Doctor thinks its scar tissue pressing against an artery. I am kicking back listening to Dave Brubeck, through my CD player into my Yggdrasil and Liquid Gold. The music helps me heal and I am sure your music will help heal you as well as put a smile on your face.

Good Music has actually been proven to help with recovering from an illness. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #11,408 of 11,521
I recently went from Asgard 2 to Lyr 2 for my LCD3 2016 driver. I prefer LISST to the stock tubes. I prefer the detail Lyr 2 is providing vs Asgard 2. I feel the 3s are no longer under driven. They seem more alive. Less congested.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #11,409 of 11,521
  You know......that's not a bad idea.
Anyways, what other alternatives would you suggest? Looking for something around 500

I recently went from Asgard 2 to Lyr 2 for my LCD3 2016 driver. I prefer LISST to the stock tubes. I prefer the detail Lyr 2 is providing vs Asgard 2. I feel the 3s are no longer under driven. They seem more alive. Less congested.

Unfortunately, I haven't used any other amps other than the Mjolnir 2 and Ragnarok. I found the pairing with the Mjolnir 2 + LISST good but I find it more exciting with the Ragnarok as the Mjolnir 2 was a bit harsh on the high end, tending to take away the musicality of the LCD 3.

As SLC1966 said, the Lyr 2 is very powerful (nearly powerful as the Mjolnir2, from the specs) and go for the LISST as they give more detail retreival than the tubes since the LCDs are already warm. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #11,412 of 11,521
Which do you think has a smaller footprint Burson or Lyr 2?
Looking for something transportable

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #11,415 of 11,521
There is cavalli liquid carbon
It has the smallest foot print of the 3
In the budget
I never listened it

I have the Liquid Carbon as well and use it to drive all of my headphones, from my HE1K to my Utopia. I have never heard the LCD 3 and can not vouch for how it sounds with the Carbon. The carbon is a small, but powerful amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back