Music City Meet, Nashville Fall 2016 -- Pictures and Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #46 of 59
Finding a place and time seems to be the most difficult part. I think the Lane Museum is of the best places we have used.

As for dates i'm free May 13-June 10.

I am committed to the St Louis meet May 20 as is Buke9 I believe.  The Lane Museum was ok but the Wifi was not good.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #48 of 59
Hey All, my apologies for disappearing, I am ready to get back in the game. Sounds like you alll had a great Meet, Dick please let me know if I can help in any way.

I'm so sorry I missed everybody in Nashville, sounds like it was a great Meet, at a great location.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #49 of 59
A meetup certainly would be fun. However, I think it might be best to scale back to once a year. I don't have the time or resources to put on at the moment. I am hoping to organize a meet in the fall. Our setups don't change that much and I hope will increase turnout. I am certainly not going to stand in the way if someone wants to organize something. The hardest part is really finding and securing a venue.

I am still looking for alternatives to the Lane Museum and hotel type meeting rooms. I loved Lane too, but the WiFi, and I doubt they have fixed it. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

Wouldn't it be cool if Head-Fi did take a bit for posting classifieds and used it to distribute to locals to organize their headphone meets? Sorry...just thinking out loud.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #50 of 59
It is about time to start thinking of another meetup. Location is what we always seem to run into issues with.

I just bought a house with a good amount of room and can offer up my house as a meeting spot.
I am about an hour east of Nashville and i have 50mbps internet service for streaming. Plus my Yggdrasil, Pass XA30.5, and Quad 2905 ESL system is here.

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #51 of 59
Pretty much I am ok with any venue with good wifi. As I am retired most any date is acceptable.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #52 of 59
Hi Tom,
We should start a new thread for this idea.
I will start one and post the link below.
Thanks for stepping up to offer your home! That's cool, my friend.

Best -
Dick

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #53 of 59
Hello Nashville Meet Friends,

Thanks to Tom @kilkil for proposing a new meet!

I started a thread for the proposed meet. Here's the link...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/a-new-music-city-meet.859744/

Please post your ideas and comments on that thread.

Thanks to Tom for offering to hold the meet at your house!!
We should bring wine and covered dishes. A home makes that easier.
We could have a BBQ in the back yard.
And...headphone equipment!

I hope we can get this organized.
It would be great to see everybody again!

Best regards,
Dick

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #55 of 59
I hope there’s another meet soon, seems like bad luck it was such a small turn out

I'm open for another meet, most anytime. Maybe a spring meet?

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #58 of 59
Nov 1, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #59 of 59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back