Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #2,731 of 7,700
Hey whenever you have time, my GF wanted to ask you your opinion of drape options for our apartment. I showed her your pads and she obviously wanted your thoughts on the matter.

I appreciate the shout out Craig. I have to politely ask you to gimme a few years. After i posted that picture i have become an overnight sensation. Apparently they are going to hire me to decorate no man's land between N & S Korea. The rest of the operation is classified. Hope you understand my paucity for time, as world peace is of paramount importance. After im done i'll look you up. :)

They sound damn good irrespective of the colour of the pads :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #2,732 of 7,700
So I made my balanced cables for the Meze 99Cs tonight - not done this before, so it was fun, if a little slow. I got a set of the genuine Meze mono connectors for the headphones, and used them. I used Van Damme studio grade ultra pure OFC fine stranded cabling, dual XLRs for the amps, a couple of hours tedious sleeving and braiding with paracord. Have a suspicion I saved a lot of £££ tonight! theyre quite long leads, to cope with home use as well at a later date, and I've made them with long tails for the XLRs to allow for kit moves.

I'll take these into work, and am really looking forward to trying these out on the Mezes when my second monoblock comes back from repair! terrible timing! Made up some new XLR interconnects with the same grade cable too.

Very impressive job. I will send you a Pm to seek your help in making one myself. Kudos

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #2,733 of 7,700
I appreciate the shout out Craig. I have to politely ask you to gimme a few years. After i posted that picture i have become an overnight sensation. Apparently they are going to hire my to decorate no man's land between N & S Korea. The rest of the operation is classified. Hope you understand my paucity for time, as world peace is of paramount importance. After im done i'll look you up. :)

LOL! Compadre, it's guys like you who provide a breath of fresh air. Thank you!

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #2,734 of 7,700
I appreciate the shout out Craig. I have to politely ask you to gimme a few years. After i posted that picture i have become an overnight sensation. Apparently they are going to hire me to decorate no man's land between N & S Korea. The rest of the operation is classified. Hope you understand my paucity for time, as world peace is of paramount importance. After im done i'll look you up. :)

It can be imagined that the decorative work of art will certainly attract much attention between N & S Korea (and potentialy the world). And, as erratic or volatile as N-Korea may be, N-Korea may just find common ground to make peace after all - as the saying goes the enemy (no-man-land-decorator-with-a-blue-padded-meze99) of my enemy (S Korea), is a friend. :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #2,735 of 7,700
It can be imagined that the decorative work of art will certainly attract much attention between N & S Korea (and potentialy the world). And, as erratic or volatile as N-Korea may be, N-Korea may just find common ground to make peace after all - as the saying goes the enemy (no-man-land-decorator-with-a-blue-padded-meze99) of my enemy (S Korea), is a friend. :darthsmile:

Ssshhhh dont spill the beans. Remember, its classified. (have plans of jazzing Kim to a point of surrender) But after the pad change i am using the 99c much more and wish i had got the purple sheepskin pads :p

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #2,737 of 7,700
What is wrong with black pads? Were they out of stock? I think both the Classics and Neo are so elegant as designed but as long as you are having fun...

I feel your pain. Black pads were available. I wanted something different. You are right, the 99c are so elegant that even blue looks passable. I think we obsesses over colour way too much..

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,739 of 7,700
Hello there!

Yes, unfortunately, the Meze 99 Classics Maple Silver was discontinued for some time now. You can only find them through a few dealers who still stock them. We also have a few in stock shipping from Romania but we recommend you support your local dealer!

As for what @dadracer2 said regarding the balanced cables, that is correct, as you already know. They will be here soon. Is there anybody interested in testing them with the Meze 99 Classics and 99 Neo?

Hi Meze,

I don't understand. How are these different than the balanced cables that come with the Meze 99 Classics??

Thanks.

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #2,740 of 7,700
Jul 20, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,741 of 7,700
Hi Meze,

I don't understand. How are these different than the balanced cables that come with the Meze 99 Classics??

Thanks.

Meze 99 Classics come with single ended cables right now, balanced cables are cables that work with balanced sources, say like Opus #3's balanced port or FiiO X7+AM03's balanced port :darthsmile:

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,743 of 7,700
Jul 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,745 of 7,700
Would the Meze 99 Neo's be a good compliment to the HD 600/6XX for something neutral/natural and something a bit bassy, fun, and wide?

Meze 99 C are have more bass, are smoother and come with a more "fun" character than HD600 which are quite serious by their nature. Both sound very good and relaxing, if you're looking for more bass and impact, 99 Classics surely delivers :darthsmile:

If you're looking for the ultimate performance, using something powerful like iDSD BL will make both HD600 and 99 Classics sound better, fully recommended to use a good source for both if you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back