MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Mar 17, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #331 of 378
Just got this IEM to see if this M6 pro is good for my church IEM duty. Currently, we are using Shure SE215 which I find very mid forward with that thick sounding Shure's mid. I know for a fact if this Mee really tuned this IEM to be studio/live monitor, it is supposed to be flat boring sounding IEM. My first impression is pretty good and knowing that this has dynamic driver, burn-in is a must. Out of the box, the most noticeable thing is the high, quite piercing treble. Bass is there, not boomy and quite punchy with good solid feel to it. Mid sounds thinner and more recessed than Shure, but very clear which I like. Instrument separation is very good, I can hear all the different instruments clearly. From just my first impression, I can already say that this beat Shure SE215. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #332 of 378
Just got this IEM to see if this M6 pro is good for my church IEM duty. Currently, we are using Shure SE215 which I find very mid forward with that thick sounding Shure's mid. I know for a fact if this Mee really tuned this IEM to be studio/live monitor, it is supposed to be flat boring sounding IEM. My first impression is pretty good and knowing that this has dynamic driver, burn-in is a must. Out of the box, the most noticeable thing is the high, quite piercing treble. Bass is there, not boomy and quite punchy with good solid feel to it. Mid sounds thinner and more recessed than Shure, but very clear which I like. Instrument separation is very good, I can hear all the different instruments clearly. From just my first impression, I can already say that this beat Shure SE215. 

I really like mine. After burn in, the treble settles in. And I am currently breaking in a pair of MEE Pinnacle P1's...good gosh I'm lucky! I still like the m6 Pro's very much, though!

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #334 of 378
I find using the supplied Comply T200 ear tips help the higher frequencies and keeps the M6 Pro become better balanced.

Getting the seal right really is important with these. Make sure if using the silicone tips that you tweak the fit to keep a good seal. Bass will fall away and treble will become harsh when they loose their seal. That's my experience anyway.

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #335 of 378
My review, please enjoy and critique:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meelectronics-m6-pro-universal-fit-noise-isolating-musician-s-in-ear-monitors-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15554

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #336 of 378
Thanks!
I've been burning mine in all day and still constantly listening to them.

I purchased PowerAmp app and running their Alpha version on my LG V10 and it really brings out the potential of the MEE M6 Pros!
I'm really enjoying them especially with the Comply T200 ear tips that was supplied.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or have any experience with the brand of ear tips made by Veritas?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JUKXYO0?refRID=3V7YFPJ72B535RN6N31S&ref_=pd_ybh_a_1

I know that the wear on the Comply's will require a replacement soon with the amount of use I will be doing and want to find a cheaper comparable ear tip.

Is there other ear tip suggestions that might be considered?

I use the inairs 2 foam tips and find them better and a lot cheaper than complys

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #339 of 378
I find that un-amped (i.e. iPhone 6+), these sound "good."  Nothing to brag about, but good for the price.

However, when driven by my Mojo/AK100mk2, they sound very very good, meaning they scale well.   I haven't put much time into them and the Mojo doing critical listening, but they're mighty impressive for $47.

May 30, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #341 of 378
  I find that un-amped (i.e. iPhone 6+), these sound "good."  Nothing to brag about, but good for the price.

However, when driven by my Mojo/AK100mk2, they sound very very good, meaning they scale well.   I haven't put much time into them and the Mojo doing critical listening, but they're mighty impressive for $47.

I actually have a negative experience driving M6 PRO with my OPPO HA-2, which made me think one of the weakness of M6 pro is that it does not scale as well as more expensive phones. Don't get me wrong. I agree with the majority that M6 pro is an excellent value, in terms of CP ratio. My reference earphones are a pair of Westone UM PRO 20. Directly out of my Samsung Note 4, UM PRO 20 sounds fuller, because of its sold bass and low mid sections. It obviously has more bass, quantity wise. However, quality wise M6 PRO is not far behind. Bass is controlled. Mids are smooth. Highs are nicely textured and extends quite well. It was a little on the bright side to my taste but nothing major. It was when I inserted OPPO HA-2 into the chain, the 5x more expensive Westone started to shine. To my ears, the most noticeable change was resolution - especially with 24/96 and DSD contents. My feeling is that M6 PRO is still designed and optimized for CD content, while UM PRO 20 is capable of delivering more subtle details that HD tracks carry. Again, M6 PRO is an excellent value, especially if you plan to pair it directly with your phone. But it might not scale as expected when (some) high quality source is in use. Well, in my case, the SQ changes little, if not none, when being paired to OPPO HA-2. My 2 cents.

May 30, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #342 of 378
  I actually have a negative experience driving M6 PRO with my OPPO HA-2, which made me think one of the weakness of M6 pro is that it does scale as well as more expensive phones. Don't get me wrong. I agree with the majority that M6 pro is an excellent value, in terms of CP ratio. My reference earphones are a pair of Westone UM PRO 20. Directly out of my Samsung Note 4, UM PRO 20 sounds fuller, because of its sold bass and low mid sections. It obviously has more bass, quantity wise. However, quality wise M6 PRO is not far behind. Bass is controlled. Mids are smooth. Highs are nicely textured and extends quite well. It was a little on the bright side to my taste but nothing major. It was when I inserted OPPO HA-2 into the chain, the 5x more expensive Westone started to shine. To my ears, the most noticeable change was resolution - especially with 24/96 and DSD contents. My feeling is that M6 PRO is still designed and optimized for CD content, while UM PRO 20 is capable of delivering more subtle details that HD tracks carry. Again, M6 PRO is an excellent value, especially if you plan to pair it directly with your phone. But it might not scale as expected when (some) high quality source is in use. Well, in my case, the SQ changes little, if not none, when being paired to OPPO HA-2. My 2 cents.

That's fair enough bro.  I think almost everything sounds better when ran from a mojo, but as always, YMMV

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #344 of 378
Just won the headfonia competition for these, lookin forward to trying them out :) not had an iem with DC jacks before.

Congrats! I use mine almost daily for mowing, exercise, etc...when I don't want to take the P1/Nova's out.

Still really like the m6 Pro.

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #345 of 378
Just won the headfonia competition for these, lookin forward to trying them out
smily_headphones1.gif
not had an iem with DC jacks before.

Congratulations. Again :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back