MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Aug 24, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #346 of 378
Hello all,

I had posted a query in another thread for the "best $100 IEM for active sports and android". As I was suggested the M6 PRO, I have been catching up on this entire thread.

My main requirements are on the lines of -

1) Usage - Desk (Laptop) and Active use (along with my Sansa clip OR Note 3 for run or a jog and sometimes the gym);

2) Fit - Preferable loops behind the ear

2) Music Genre - Old school Trance and EDM (Paul van Dyk etc.); Rock (U2, Linkin Park, Mettalica, etc..); Instrumental Soundtracks (Hans Zimmer and so on...) so pretty much anything except hip hop beats or the occasional Rap music.

3) Preferred Sound stage - I have had the Brainwavz M2 earlier. They have been AWESOME but now the wires are frayed and I need a Mic/remote for android as well. So I would love something which sounds accurate but still has a better than average (maybe a bit boomy?) bass. I have the Piston 3 but honestly they suck when compared to the M2.
Also, I had ordered the "sennheiser-ocx-686g-sports" a couple of weeks back but had to return as they were just OK in bass but the lows and treble seems to be quite harsh and sharp.

4) Budget - around $100 (preferably under!)

5) Android - So remote with volume and Mic are needed.

My Question is "Is M6 PRO the still best under $100 which checks all my boxes above or anyone can suggest something better?"

Would appreciate any replies on this as my brother is visiting the States in a couple of weeks' time; so I can order and get them shipped in time.

Many Thanks!
Chetan

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #347 of 378
Hello all,

I had posted a query in another thread for the "best $100 IEM for active sports and android". As I was suggested the M6 PRO, I have been catching up on this entire thread.

My main requirements are on the lines of -

1) Usage - Desk (Laptop) and Active use (along with my Sansa clip OR Note 3 for run or a jog and sometimes the gym);

2) Fit - Preferable loops behind the ear

2) Music Genre - Old school Trance and EDM (Paul van Dyk etc.); Rock (U2, Linkin Park, Mettalica, etc..); Instrumental Soundtracks (Hans Zimmer and so on...) so pretty much anything except hip hop beats or the occasional Rap music.

3) Preferred Sound stage - I have had the Brainwavz M2 earlier. They have been AWESOME but now the wires are frayed and I need a Mic/remote for android as well. So I would love something which sounds accurate but still has a better than average (maybe a bit boomy?) bass. I have the Piston 3 but honestly they suck when compared to the M2.

Also, I had ordered the "sennheiser-ocx-686g-sports" a couple of weeks back but had to return as they were just OK in bass but the lows and treble seems to be quite harsh and sharp.

4) Budget - around $100 (preferably under!)

5) Android - So remote with volume and Mic are needed.

My Question is "Is M6 PRO the still best under $100 which checks all my boxes above or anyone can suggest something better?"

Would appreciate any replies on this as my brother is visiting the States in a couple of weeks' time; so I can order and get them shipped in time.

Many Thanks!

Chetan

Tennmak pro fits your needs perfectly. I own the m6 pro and think the tennmak is much better. I.e. more comfortable, better bass better mids and is easier to drive. The bass is nice an punchy too.

Best of all its only $23 on their official store on aliexpress, which is ubelievable value.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #348 of 378
Tennmak pro fits your needs perfectly. I own the m6 pro and think the tennmak is much better. I.e. more comfortable, better bass better mids and is easier to drive. The bass is nice an punchy too.

Best of all its only $23 on their official store on aliexpress, which is ubelievable value.

Hello!

Thanks for the reply @toddy0191. How long have you had the Tennmak? My only worry is durability, I know M6 pro is quite sturdy.
How do you think the tennmak hold up against M6 in that manner?

Also, should I get them from Amazon US or Aliexpress? Not sure about the shipping from Chine :frowning2:
Thanks!
Chetan

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #349 of 378
Hello!

Thanks for the reply @toddy0191
. How long have you had the Tennmak? My only worry is durability, I know M6 pro is quite sturdy.
How do you think the tennmak hold up against M6 in that manner?

Also, should I get them from Amazon US or Aliexpress? Not sure about the shipping from Chine :frowning2:
Thanks!
Chetan

Had them about a month but they're really well built and cone with a decent hard case. Also has replaceable cables. If you can wait get them from aliexpress.

They're amazing value for money and have the signature you want.

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #350 of 378
To be honest, I don't see any decent competition for M6 Pro under 50 bucks :D Their sub-bas with decent tips (Comply Ts <3) hits harder than Senns IE80 or Fidue A83. And these IEMs are bassy and much, much more expensive. I found myself lately to enjoy listening my Note 4 with M6 Pro more, than my DX80 with other IEMs I own. Strange, but the M6 Pro have that something, that gives me plain joy from listening to music. The only thing I would wish for are MMCX sockets. If I could pair them with a good, custom cable... ]:->

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #351 of 378
To be honest, I don't see any decent competition for M6 Pro under 50 bucks :D Their sub-bas with decent tips (Comply Ts <3) hits harder than Senns IE80 or Fidue A83. And these IEMs are bassy and much, much more expensive. I found myself lately to enjoy listening my Note 4 with M6 Pro more, than my DX80 with other IEMs I own. Strange, but the M6 Pro have that something, that gives me plain joy from listening to music. The only thing I would wish for are MMCX sockets. If I could pair them with a good, custom cable... ]:->

You need to check out the chinese supplier thread. There's some amazing iems appearing; in particular the **** 4in1 which has a beryllium dd and a knowles BA driver and costs less than the m6 pro (which i am very fond of still too).

The 4in1 has been hyped up like a lot of other giant killers but this one actually delivers. They have amazing sub bass and beautiful detailed highs.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #352 of 378
Ok. So i have been looking at the tennmak pro model earphones. Are these better in durability compared with m6 pro? I searched and found them on amazon usa at https://www.amazon.com/Tennmak-Cancelling-Headphones-Microphone-Detachable/dp/B01DEHWPMG

But all the reviews here seem to be paid and I don't trust if they are telling the truth.

How do you compare them with the m6 pro for bass? Am really confused! Not too much for the cost but the quality!

Do you also suggest any better sounding replacement cables ?

Also is the amazon link safe to order from? I will get them delivered to a us address and have my bro being put back for me. Should be faster than aliexpress.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #353 of 378
Ok. So i have been looking at the tennmak pro model earphones. Are these better in durability compared with m6 pro? I searched and found them on amazon usa at https://www.amazon.com/Tennmak-Cancelling-Headphones-Microphone-Detachable/dp/B01DEHWPMG

But all the reviews here seem to be paid and I don't trust if they are telling the truth.

How do you compare them with the m6 pro for bass? Am really confused! Not too much for the cost but the quality!

Do you also suggest any better sounding replacement cables ?

Also is the amazon link safe to order from? I will get them delivered to a us address and have my bro being put back for me. Should be faster than aliexpress.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I own both and the quality of the tennmak pros is superior to the m6 pros IMO. They're more mid centric than the m6 which i feel have recesssed mids and i prefer the bass on the tennmak as it packs more punch.

If you're using them unamped the tennmak are also easier to drive. They are more comfortable and offer better isolation than the mee m6 pro.

I also prefer the tennmak cable which doesnt have the annoying memory wire.

If had to lose one of the 2 pairs id let the m6 go (although i still really like the m6 too)

I got mine from the tennmak store on aliexpress.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #354 of 378
Thanks again for your replies @toddy0191. Ok, I will order these, and probably from Amazon.com as I don;t really trus our postal department for delivery on this from Aliexpress :frowning2:

I notice that this does not have a mic-control on the cale (only single button for track change). Can you suggest any better wire alternates with volume controls as well?

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #355 of 378
These are somehow more accurate then my im03

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #356 of 378
I have been buying MEElectronic headphones and IEMs for years (mainly IEMs). I have M6, M9, A151, and SP51. I have always love their sound and build quality. I have followed advise from many of you in the past. Now per reviews and your discussions I have picked up a Plenue D, a pair of VSonic GR07 CE, and a pair of M6 Pro's. Thank you for all your help even though it took me up until now to join and post.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #357 of 378
I just wanna thank this thread. I bought this gem this morning. Because I broke my Se215's left little pin that contacts the connector. I just came across this thread and gave it a shot. Wow! I was blown away how great this is compare to my shure. Everyone is right about the treble though. But not as harsh as my RHA ma600i. Anyway anybody can suggest me a track for burning in would be appreciated. I can't wait to use this on stage.

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #358 of 378
I just got mine today. Worth the wait. Cant get enough of the bass when using it with my Ipod nano 7. Tried it with my Samsung phone with Q1 and all FLAC selections, well it made a lot of difference. Even change the tip to have a good ear seal. Will enjoy this IEM for a while before moving up to Pinnacle P1. Thanks guys for the reviews, really did help a lot.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #359 of 378
I just got mine today. Worth the wait. Cant get enough of the bass when using it with my Ipod nano 7. Tried it with my Samsung phone with Q1 and all FLAC selections, well it made a lot of difference. Even change the tip to have a good ear seal. Will enjoy this IEM for a while before moving up to Pinnacle P1. Thanks guys for the reviews, really did help a lot.

Glad you like them! My m6 Pro's are my goto workout phones. Very enjoyable! And the P1's are a really nice step up. My son confiscated my pair; and he now uses them. That's ok, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back