LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
May 16, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #1,831 of 2,040
Hi, there

Here is the list of new features of GO2Pro and GO2A firmware

(1) New feature - Volume Control Buttons (Up and Down)
Total 128 digital segments with analog based gain control.
Just press the Up button to volume up. Down button to volume down.

(2) New feature - Line Out mode
Press the UP button all the way up. When you see the original signal mode LED change to Light Green.
GO2Pro and GO2A is entering Line Out mode which totally by-pass the volume control and designed to
connect directly to Headphone Amp or Pre-amp. Max Vrms on Singled-ended: 3.2V rms

* For Balanced output. Please connect TRRS to two XLR cable to balanced output. Also add and connect
another cable to connect GO2Pro/GO2A’s ground to Preamp’s ground via TRS Singled-ended cable.

(3) New feature - Smart Gain
GO2A and GO2Pro will choose the proper analog GAIN settings according to the current volume setting by button.
When you approach the -2dBFS of LOW-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to MID-GAIN.
When you approach the -2dBFS of MID-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to HIGH-GAIN.

If will give you the best synergy of digital volume control and analog gain setting.

(4) Updated feature - Please press TWO volume buttons at the same time to change digital mode/digital filter on the fly
TCM (Green) -> SSM (Red) -> FTM/FRM (Blue)

(5) Updated feature — Digital Mode 2.0
By developing the new digital filter algorithm for our DaVinci MK2’s DSD decoding engine, we use the similar method to
re-write the digital mode firmware inside GO2PRo and GO2A. Especially in FTM/FRM, we achieve the smoother sound on high,
even better sound stage. TCM has better FR on DSD playback.
(Remark: DaVinci’s PCM engine doesn’t use digital filter. Only on Dual engine 2.0’s DSD decoding side we have digital filter)

May 16, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #1,833 of 2,040
And we will publish the official new firmware on our forum soon.

Thanks!

Thanks, Larry: very helpful.

Could you be a bit more specific about the earth connection required for Balanced Line-out - this is what I do today, via a TRRS and 2x 3 pin XLRs to my balanced power amp input (a Behringer A500). It works. But I've always worried than I'm not earthed properly.

Are you saying I need a single-ended TRS into the SE socket, (in addition to the TRRS in the Balanced output), with it's tip open-circuit, but with its ring connected to the amp ground?

Regards and thanks,

May 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,835 of 2,040
Hi, there

Here is the list of new features of GO2Pro and GO2A firmware

(1) New feature - Volume Control Buttons (Up and Down)
Total 128 digital segments with analog based gain control.
Just press the Up button to volume up. Down button to volume down.

(2) New feature - Line Out mode
Press the UP button all the way up. When you see the original signal mode LED change to Light Green.
GO2Pro and GO2A is entering Line Out mode which totally by-pass the volume control and designed to
connect directly to Headphone Amp or Pre-amp. Max Vrms on Singled-ended: 3.2V rms

* For Balanced output. Please connect TRRS to two XLR cable to balanced output. Also add and connect
another cable to connect GO2Pro/GO2A’s ground to Preamp’s ground via TRS Singled-ended cable.

(3) New feature - Smart Gain
GO2A and GO2Pro will choose the proper analog GAIN settings according to the current volume setting by button.
When you approach the -2dBFS of LOW-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to MID-GAIN.
When you approach the -2dBFS of MID-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to HIGH-GAIN.

If will give you the best synergy of digital volume control and analog gain setting.

(4) Updated feature - Please press TWO volume buttons at the same time to change digital mode/digital filter on the fly
TCM (Green) -> SSM (Red) -> FTM/FRM (Blue)

(5) Updated feature — Digital Mode 2.0
By developing the new digital filter algorithm for our DaVinci MK2’s DSD decoding engine, we use the similar method to
re-write the digital mode firmware inside GO2PRo and GO2A. Especially in FTM/FRM, we achieve the smoother sound on high,
even better sound stage. TCM has better FR on DSD playback.
(Remark: DaVinci’s PCM engine doesn’t use digital filter. Only on Dual engine 2.0’s DSD decoding side we have digital filter)

will this work with the GO V2+ infinity?

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,836 of 2,040
Jun 2, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #1,837 of 2,040
will this work with the GO V2+ infinity?

Yes I'm currious too, few weeks ago the topic was about GO V2+ new firmware...

I uploaded the firmware v2.1 for gov2+ infinity. If you have gov2+ non-infinity, I'm afraid you are going to have to send Larry an e-mail for it.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/nHkejZwg/file.html

If you wish to downgrade back to v1.5, get the files from here.

http://www.yosemine.com.cn/thread-491-1-1.html

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #1,839 of 2,040
Is anyone having the files for geekout v2+. I had raised a ticket a few days back, but still awaiting response.

Also, anyone used geekout v2+ with he-560 on balanced out. How does it fare?
Send an e-mail to info@lightharmonic.com directly, it's probably faster. Support said they weren't aware that gov2+ series were supported, but Larry had them.

Jun 12, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #1,840 of 2,040
Jul 3, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #1,841 of 2,040
Hi all. Any more news on the GOv2+ firmware? Replies from their ticketing system or support emails are non-existent.

Also a quick question - has anyone used the GOv2+ as a balanced DAC only, i.e., using the balanced output as a line-out into a balanced amp? It is clear from earlier in this thread that the GO2Pro and GO2A now have a dedicated line-out function with the new firmware, but not sure about the v2+

Jul 3, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #1,842 of 2,040
Hi all. Any more news on the GOv2+ firmware? Replies from their ticketing system or support emails are non-existent.

Also a quick question - has anyone used the GOv2+ as a balanced DAC only, i.e., using the balanced output as a line-out into a balanced amp? It is clear from earlier in this thread that the GO2Pro and GO2A now have a dedicated line-out function with the new firmware, but not sure about the v2+

Haven't tried it myself, but my gov2+ infinity has line-out mode, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible just like go2pro or go2a

Jul 3, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #1,843 of 2,040
Many thanks. Yes, I believe they feature LO mode in the GOv2+ infinity, GO2Pro and GO2A - all of which have had firmware released. There was talk here (and other forums) about firmware for the GOv2+ (which would include LO) but no news about when it will be released or made available. Also they said the firmware for the Infinity would not work for the GOv2+ so just a matter of waiting for now.

Did you have to update the firmware for LO mode on your infinity? And how do you engage LO mode?

Many thanks in advance for the help!

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #1,844 of 2,040
Many thanks. Yes, I believe they feature LO mode in the GOv2+ infinity, GO2Pro and GO2A - all of which have had firmware released. There was talk here (and other forums) about firmware for the GOv2+ (which would include LO) but no news about when it will be released or made available. Also they said the firmware for the Infinity would not work for the GOv2+ so just a matter of waiting for now.

Did you have to update the firmware for LO mode on your infinity? And how do you engage LO mode?

Many thanks in advance for the help!

Yes I did to v2.1. As I said above, your best bet is to contact Larry yourself for the firmware. You raise the volume all the way up until the gain light turns green. That's when you know you're in LO mode. However, there is no volume retention feature, so you're going to have to raise it up every time you power up your gov2+.

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,845 of 2,040

Larry was very quick to respond, when I contacted him (after waiting a long time for the support ticket). So, I'm having the 2.1 file. Yet to flash it. Let me know if you need it.

@Others,
Do let me know, if I can attach here. Also, any impressions of the 2.1 upgrade on go v2+? I heard some people preferring the 1.5 over 2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back