JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #47 of 739
The only way to hear it is at the shows.

Yeah. I've asked JH AUDIO if they have a schedule of meets where Lola will be. Waiting to hear (no pun intended). I would love to be able to compare Lola with UE18+PRO. Or at least read a review comparing them. The price point is the same for both. I was nearly ready to order the UE when I thought, "I wonder what's happening at JH Audio?" Lola seems potentially very exciting.

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #48 of 739
Do you guys know of a more open iem with clearer mids with sparkly extended treble and sub bass focus rather than mid bass.

I am a guy whole loves se846 but at the same time do not find it apt for hard rock or metal because its mids sound too smooth and soft for hard rock and its treble sounds plastic like while i want something that sounds like sparkly steel.

Please help me.

Ike just recently added his review of the 64 Audio A18 and it seems like it might deliver what you're seeking.

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #49 of 739
Ike just recently added his review of the 64 Audio A18 and it seems like it might deliver what you're seeking.
thank you. Unfortunately they are way too expensive. I am looking for something below 1800 usd.
Waiting for a detailed comparison between the lola and encore

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #50 of 739
I pre-ordered the universals. I'll probably write a first impressions post here and/or in the /r/headphones subreddit. Unfortunately I do not have Encores or any other hi-fi IEMs to compare them to.
I went with universal for demo purposes; I can get rid of them. If I don't like them, I can sell them. If I love them, I can sell them and get the customs.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #53 of 739
Hmm, I've never really ventured to JH Audio as they never do any shows in Europe (or more likely I have missed them as outside of the UK). I'm currently debating between LCD-3 or these, which is near impossible without reviews ._.

Do any long-term JH Audio customers know if the current pricing is introductory, and if it will rise on release? I don't mind waiting for one of their annual sales and reviews otherwise...

I get how less drivers than the Layla means less work potentially, but the pricing currently seems low in comparison, particularly if the bosses have switched to the Lola themselves! Seems it is a more desirable IEM...

If anyone wouldn't mind steering me in the right direction :p

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #55 of 739
Hmm, I've never really ventured to JH Audio as they never do any shows in Europe (or more likely I have missed them as outside of the UK). I'm currently debating between LCD-3 or these, which is near impossible without reviews ._.

Do any long-term JH Audio customers know if the current pricing is introductory, and if it will rise on release? I don't mind waiting for one of their annual sales and reviews otherwise...

I get how less drivers than the Layla means less work potentially, but the pricing currently seems low in comparison, particularly if the bosses have switched to the Lola themselves! Seems it is a more desirable IEM...

If anyone wouldn't mind steering me in the right direction :p
Wat? :|
Do you want portable or desktop?

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #56 of 739
Wat? :|
Do you want portable or desktop?

Haha, I have Noble K10's (not Encore sadly) so not too bothered about whether portable or not. I will have the opportunity to test the cans in the next month or so. I'm thinking I will probably prefer the intimacy of CIEMs, perhaps because I am used to them, hence also investigating these.

On this purchase it is seeking the sound vs. any practical requirements. I'm yet to be convinced cans are in any way superior to high-end IEM's, based solely on reviews on here though. I see you own the LCD-3, mind sharing your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #57 of 739
Haha, I have Noble K10's (not Encore sadly) so not too bothered about whether portable or not. I will have the opportunity to test the cans in the next month or so. I'm thinking I will probably prefer the intimacy of CIEMs, perhaps because I am used to them, hence also investigating these.

On this purchase it is seeking the sound vs. any practical requirements. I'm yet to be convinced cans are in any way superior to high-end IEM's, based solely on reviews on here though. I see you own the LCD-3, mind sharing your thoughts on this?

I feel headphones will always have a bigger soundstage unless we are talking extremes(even then headphones will probably win). It's like apples and oranges. Headphones just have a bigger playing area. Beside that, high end IEMs are not far behind headphones. Headphones also usually tend to more cost efficient than IEMs. IEMs get increasingly difficult to improve after a certain point. That said, good headphones will always need a good amplifier so they balance out in terms of cost.

I feel that since you already own a high end CIEM, you should go for a headphone next. JH Lola will probably not beat the K10. At this TOTL level, one IEM will always do something better than another one and vice versa. Also, between K10 and Encore, I would probably choose the old K10. Newer one has too hot Treble for me. Just straight sibilant and too much. Mids and bass of the new one are good though.

Edit: Also read reviews at headfi with a grain of salt. For me, any headphone has never sounded exactly like I read in the reviews. One of the reasons being I am 20 and very Treble sensitive. Many reviews are done by guys who don't feel Treble hotness the same way I do.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #58 of 739
I feel headphones will always have a bigger soundstage unless we are talking extremes(even then headphones will probably win). It's like apples and oranges. Headphones just have a bigger playing area. Beside that, high end IEMs are not far behind headphones. Headphones also usually tend to more cost efficient than IEMs. IEMs get increasingly difficult to improve after a certain point. That said, good headphones will always need a good amplifier so they balance out in terms of cost.

I feel that since you already own a high end CIEM, you should go for a headphone next. JH Lola will probably not beat the K10. At this TOTL level, one IEM will always do something better than another one and vice versa. Also, between K10 and Encore, I would probably choose the old K10. Newer one has too hot Treble for me. Just straight sibilant and too much. Mids and bass of the new one are good though.

Edit: Also read reviews at headfi with a grain of salt. For me, any headphone has never sounded exactly like I read in the reviews. One of the reasons being I am 20 and very Treble sensitive. Many reviews are done by guys who don't feel Treble hotness the same way I do.
Who is the silbant? Encore or k10?
you saud the new one is hot ( smoth ? ), after it you said just straight sibilant...
Ty.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #59 of 739
Encore is brighter and more analytical than K10. I've young ears myself.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #60 of 739
Yea I just couldn't handle the Treble of the new Noble Audio Kaiser Encore.
Other than the hot Treble, I liked the mids and the bass a lot. Soundstage was decent too, not extraordinary but good enough. What it lacked was Airiness but I guess not everyone likes that.

Edit: This is my 1000th post!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back