JDS Labs Element
Sep 13, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #542 of 636
  guys look at " Chord Electronics Mojo "

Hey I had a chance to do just that and compare it to The Element.   My  review is below.  

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jds-labs-the-element/reviews/16829

For an easy to drive headphone like the Ether C save your self $230 bucks if you are going to listen primary at your desk or only need a transportable setup not a portable setup.  The lack of coax and optical may be a no go for some too.  However, with both over USB I could not hear the difference between them.  

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #543 of 636
I am very pleasantly surprised to read how well the Element compares to a MoJo.

And I thought the Element was merely a reskinned ODAC which I found to become boring after a short while.

I want to like the Element so much because I like the form factor.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #546 of 636
Ive just got an element, and it looks really great!

but when I connect it to my cdplayer by rca, there is only little sound even with high

gain mode, whats the problem?

(forgive my poor english~

Make sure your CD player is connected to the RCA Inputs, not Outputs. Feel free to PM if you need more help.

Edit: Answered via PM - The CD player in question has a weak line-level output of 0.2VRMS, thus, it's 10x quieter than a typical DAC.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #547 of 636
I've owned this amp/DAC for almost a year now and the quality is superb. I highly recommend it to anyone interested. Not only does it look slick, it also creates incredible clarity. 
I've just begun to use it as a pre amp/ DAC and am wondering if I am doing it correctly. As I don't have the newer edition for speakers I am instead running my input through the element with low amplification and then, from a normal jack to jack cable, out of the element into another amplifier for the speakers.
Am I bottle necking somewhere or should the DAC be working to its full potential in this system?

Thanks all,
Donovan

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #548 of 636
Just a drive by I made this for my Element:

1/4" to 3.5mm TRRS cable.  Mogami W2697 cable, Neutrik NP3X-B 1/4 jack, Kobiconn 161-6435-EX 3.5mm 4 pole TRRS jack.

I listen on UE18 IEM's with the mic cable.  Clarity is incredible with the Element.

Kinda wish it was an option to have a 3.5mm jack since it would have saved on making a custom cable to adapt it.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #551 of 636
Got my JDS Labs Element today :L3000:.

Takes up a little more room than my O2 & ODAC.

Looks pretty good with it next to the volume control for my speakers.

Also allows me to get rid of all these damn adapters, the 90° were for making it cleaner, the 2 splitters were for connecting the O2 to the ODAC with my speakers and the cable was obviously for connecting the O2 to the ODAC.
Yeah it was a spastic setup but it worked... more or less.

I will say this thing is louder than the O2, I had the O2 at 10 o'clock and I could listen to music and still hear what was going on around me (only just), the Element at 10 o'clock I cant even hear my keyboard :eek:.

Now to decide if I want new headphones :D.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #553 of 636
Currently a B-Stock Element is running for 279 - 299 from JDS's site as part of their black friday sale, is it a really good piece of equipment for 300 dollars? I'll be using it with AKG K7XX, HE-400i, and incoming HD 6XX. It should be able to drive these fine, right?

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #554 of 636
So my Element is running fine however I do have 1 problem, it seems to be causing Plex Home Theatre to start slow, freeze and crash... anyone else had this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back