IBasso Audio IT03
Jun 24, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,626 of 3,344
Also 2 of my favourite test tracks that usually end up in my playlists :thumbsup:

The Andromeda is also a great iem, but I'm pretty sure IT04 won't be that expensive and (who knows) might end up sounding as good (often a matter of signature preference) or even better :thinking:

Exactly the ones that almost always worked out fine (re fit and sound) for me on most of my universals so far.
With IT03 the SD tips (M) kept sticking in my ears a few times though after removing the iem. Not a big issue as it was always easy (no surgery needed) to get the tips out of my ears after that.
I think (not completely sure) that I have the M silicone ones with the wide bore on the IT03 atm.
Thanks for the replies. The best stock tip for me is the large bore medium. This is unusual for me, as I tend to favour tips with a small bore. I use the stock medium with a tiny bore on my SE846's. I should try others, as some seem to like the yellow foam tips.

I've got some medium Spinfits coming for the IT03's, but where could I find some large bore medium tips, like the stock ones, preferably in Europe?

I am currently using my it03 with medium tip that comes with the package. I found it too soft for fitting, but once it fits it's sounded very good. I did try Spinfit medium size and found that it gives more mid bass, but deep bass vibration disappeared. So I stick with standard tips which comes with the package.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,627 of 3,344
I am currently using my it03 with medium tip that comes with the package. I found it too soft for fitting, but once it fits it's sounded very good. I did try Spinfit medium size and found that it gives more mid bass, but deep bass vibration disappeared. So I stick with standard tips which comes with the package.
We tried many tips from inexpensive to very expensive to determine what would normally work best. What we selected was not based on price but on the frequency response and fit. We have the tips that come with the IT03 made to our specifications. To me most tips of this type look the same but there are subtle differences in the manufacturing process.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 26, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,628 of 3,344
Jun 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #2,629 of 3,344
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,630 of 3,344
Awts! just ordered last night from Amazon at 259. 2nd time happen to me, first with opus #1 now this. :triportsad:

but you are getting a peace of mind with Amazon hassle free return policy, that's priceless :wink:

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,634 of 3,344
but you are getting a peace of mind with Amazon hassle free return policy, that's priceless :wink:

I agree, but I hope that I will not encounter a return as I am from Asia just using courier service in the US to delivered to my home. I'ts ok as I ordered also some spiral dots, spinfit and pelican case along with it and will be deliver in one batch. :)

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #2,635 of 3,344
We tried many tips from inexpensive to very expensive to determine what would normally work best. What we selected was not based on price but on the frequency response and fit. We have the tips that come with the IT03 made to our specifications. To me most tips of this type look the same but there are subtle differences in the manufacturing process.

Your comment is spot on as mine. I agreed. Good job iBasso.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,636 of 3,344
Your comment is spot on as mine. I agreed. Good job iBasso.
I agree too based on comments from users here and from Paul himself which assures of high quality and craftmanship even for the wires included the reason even I do not have plan to add one more iem, was triggered to purchase one.

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #2,639 of 3,344
Here's a happy tune for your Friday...

Pull out your IT03 and listening to the Piano Guys is quite satisfying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back