Hifiman Edition X
Jun 16, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #2,776 of 4,030
Thanks for your email ChaseM. Fang mentioned that anything >1W would cause distortion. Presumably, you haven't noticed any?

I haven't noticed any. And I'm pretty sensitive to any type of distortions. I also had them at a meet recently. They were auditioned extensively by several people and nobody had anything bad to say about them.

Jun 17, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #2,777 of 4,030
I haven't noticed any. And I'm pretty sensitive to any type of distortions. I also had them at a meet recently. They were auditioned extensively by several people and nobody had anything bad to say about them.

Hi ChaseM, I've been listening to the HEX with the ifi ICAN SE all day and I couldn't hear any distortion. Wonder why Hifiman said anything >1W causes distortion when it clearly doesn't lol.

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #2,779 of 4,030
Apart from the obvious differences between the Edition X v2 and HE 1000 V2 what are the real internal differentes?

The cable apparently is worse on the Edition X.
What about the magnets?
What about the diaphragm?

So the Edition X are more efficient, does this mean that they have stronger magnets?

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #2,780 of 4,030
Today had the pleasure of visiting e-earphone in Japan. Listened for a couple hours to the Hex2, elear, PM-1, night owl, Hd-800s, Audeze El-8, ether 1.1, and Pioneer Se monitor 5.
The last headphones i owned were the Z1r, alpha primes, hd-6xx and sines.

For my taste which is on the warmer/relaxing side of things - the two I enyoyed most where the hex V2 and Elear - both with really good bass and oomph for my taste. I think elear had a little more sparkle. But I really like how light the HEx 2 felt. I could live with both. I also liked the PM1 and the 800s- I was scared of the treble on the 800s after listening to the original - but they were not bad- I wish they had a tad more bass.
This was my first experience listening to so many headphones- wow what an experience- I didn't see utopias, LCD-4 or ether flows on display - but I still had a lot of fun- i think I will probably get the HEX v2 soon

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #2,781 of 4,030
Been trying to find comparison between the V2 and ether, I can only find between v2 and flow or v1 and ether. Could anyone give me the impression between the two?

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #2,786 of 4,030
I am using the Perch HP stand from AudioQuest. Expensive, but the HEXv2 fits perfectly. Just my .02

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #2,787 of 4,030
Just received my V2 today, wow just like I remember when I auditioned them a few weeks ago. Love the sound signature, compared to Mr. Speaker Aeon I found the the HEX definitely has more oomph and impact while providing very detailed sound. I still have to give the Aeons more time, only listened for like 10 hours, but I doubt the bass will get to the level of the HEX. A winner in my book.

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,788 of 4,030
I have had my V2 now for a week now and spent around 15 hours with it and don't have my balanced cable for my NFB 28 yet, so these are just some impressions.

If L700 clarity and separation was a 10/10 the Hex would be around 9/10.
Soundstage and bass is better on the V2. Overall it has a great musicality.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,789 of 4,030
I have had my V2 now for a week now and spent around 15 hours with it and don't have my balanced cable for my NFB 28 yet, so these are just some impressions.

If L700 clarity and separation was a 10/10 the Hex would be around 9/10.
Soundstage and bass is better on the V2. Overall it has a great musicality.

What do you use to power the Hex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back