Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
May 17, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #3,377 of 3,438
Thank you guys for the info on your mods. I've contacted Mark Lawton and he said they don't do removable cables mods.
They sell cables for the MK2

May 17, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #3,380 of 3,438
Not sure if I'm confident enough to do it myself:frowning2:

Its one of the first mods I did and another head-fi member PETEREK was a great help in providing some encouragement and instructions on how to do the mod. Send me a PM it you want more info on how to do the mod. This was also the push that got me to build a BH Crack and all my cables and I'm so grateful for others who encouraged me to do it.

May 18, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #3,381 of 3,438
Long story short - I kept th600 and sold thx00 Purple Hearts. I like th600 just a little better - I would be totally happy with PH, if I haven't gotten th600.

If anyone knows the pads that are identical or very close to th600's original pads, please post a link. Thanks.
Yes, TH600 is still superior to any TH X00 line up. Still, the fanboy of TH X00 said TH X00 is better. No comment

May 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #3,382 of 3,438
Its one of the first mods I did and another head-fi member PETEREK was a great help in providing some encouragement and instructions on how to do the mod. Send me a PM it you want more info on how to do the mod. This was also the push that got me to build a BH Crack and all my cables and I'm so grateful for others who encouraged me to do it.
Thank you for that. I'd honestly prefer to have someone else doing it (paying for it of course). I can build a computer rig with my eyes closed, but when it's down to soldering...I wouldn't trust myself:beyersmile:

May 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,383 of 3,438
Thank you for that. I'd honestly prefer to have someone else doing it (paying for it of course). I can build a computer rig with my eyes closed, but when it's down to soldering...I wouldn't trust myself:beyersmile:

Like you I can build a computer with my eyes closed, just need to peek when soldering :L3000:. If you're not confident in your soldering then don't risk it with great headphones like the TH600. Hope you find someone who can do the mod for you.

May 19, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #3,384 of 3,438
I'd also like to know what type of AMP/DAC you guys use or suggest. At the moment I'm using an ADL Cruise, but the IFI Micro IDSD Black Label intrigues me...
Like you I can build a computer with my eyes closed, just need to peek when soldering :L3000:. If you're not confident in your soldering then don't risk it with great headphones like the TH600. Hope you find someone who can do the mod for you.
Thank you. I think that a friend of a Headfier I regularly chat to can help out by fitting mini xlr connectors.

May 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #3,385 of 3,438
I'd also like to know what type of AMP/DAC you guys use or suggest. At the moment I'm using an ADL Cruise, but the IFI Micro IDSD Black Label intrigues me...

Thank you. I think that a friend of a Headfier I regularly chat to can help out by fitting mini xlr connectors.
I have TH600 and Black Label. Just got the BL few days ago and for now using it with hd800, want me to review it with th600?

May 20, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #3,386 of 3,438

You might not want to use mini-XLR in the TH600 since they are quite large and your friend will have to a lot of cutting to the frame and baffle to fit them. Its why most use either SMC or MMCX due to the smaller size and not having to do any cutting of the frame or baffle. Here is a picture of the size differences:
SMC_mini-XLR.jpg
The SMC (top) is not the one that I use for the TH600 since it sticks up too much, the SMC for the TH600 is this one:
https://vetco.net/products/smc-female-chassis-mount-connector

I've been using a Lyr2, Ember, and the headphone output from my UD301 with the TH600

May 20, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #3,387 of 3,438
You might not want to use mini-XLR in the TH600 since they are quite large and your friend will have to a lot of cutting to the frame and baffle to fit them. Its why most use either SMC or MMCX due to the smaller size and not having to do any cutting of the frame or baffle. Here is a picture of the size differences:

The SMC (top) is not the one that I use for the TH600 since it sticks up too much, the SMC for the TH600 is this one:
https://vetco.net/products/smc-female-chassis-mount-connector

I've been using a Lyr2, Ember, and the headphone output from my UD301 with the TH600

Thank you for the photo and the explanation. It's unknown territory for me!

Need to search Lyr2 etc. as I'm not familiar with the brands

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #3,389 of 3,438
Thank would be great, thank you!!
before that, need to know. Do u sensitive to treble? ever th600 with mojo? cuz i have mojo to be compared with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back