Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
May 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #3,391 of 3,438
I have TH600 and Black Label. Just got the BL few days ago and for now using it with hd800, want me to review it with th600?

I'd like to hear your opinion on the pairing as well... I have TH-610 and don't like it with Mojo, in fact I prefer the headphone jack of my MacBook Pro 2016, lol. Looking to get iDSD BL or HPA-4BL instead.

May 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #3,392 of 3,438
No I'm not. I do like a bright sound. I've just bought the 600 so I've never tried them with the Mojo; it's not an amp I'd be interested in anyhow, but thank you for the offer.
Okay, so far iDSD has better soundstage and music separation compare to mojo. Yes, it has slightly bright treble than mojo. So if u can bear bright treble (not too much), you are good to go. iDSD to me is so versatile. The xbass can do justice if u want to listen to any basshead songs. Th600 will surely crush any bass songs with this iDSD bass bosted. 3D sound of iDSD BL is phenomenal for Jazz songs or any smooth songs because 3D sound can make the treble a bit peaky for any electronic songs. Again, if u have no problem with treble, just ON the 3D and you will be immersed with the sound separation even better and the imaging is phenomenal.

May 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,393 of 3,438
I'd like to hear your opinion on the pairing as well... I have TH-610 and don't like it with Mojo, in fact I prefer the headphone jack of my MacBook Pro 2016, lol. Looking to get iDSD BL or HPA-4BL instead.
Why u didnt like mojo with th600? is it the peaky treble? if yes, then iDSD BL cant do justice for that matter.

If u want better separation and soundstage. Then iDSD is the way to go.

Also remember, iDSD BL has more extended lows and highs compared to mojo. Mids to me is on par. But if you on the 3D, the sound separation is phenomenal but remember about the slight treble spike. (not freaking spike, but just more extended)

May 22, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #3,394 of 3,438
Okay, so far iDSD has better soundstage and music separation compare to mojo. Yes, it has slightly bright treble than mojo. So if u can bear bright treble (not too much), you are good to go. iDSD to me is so versatile. The xbass can do justice if u want to listen to any basshead songs. Th600 will surely crush any bass songs with this iDSD bass bosted. 3D sound of iDSD BL is phenomenal for Jazz songs or any smooth songs because 3D sound can make the treble a bit peaky for any electronic songs. Again, if u have no problem with treble, just ON the 3D and you will be immersed with the sound separation even better and the imaging is phenomenal.
Very good explanation and review, much appreciated. I like the versatility that comes with the iDSD so it's good to know is a good match!

May 22, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #3,395 of 3,438
Very good explanation and review, much appreciated. I like the versatility that comes with the iDSD so it's good to know is a good match!
no problem! :)

May 22, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #3,396 of 3,438
Why u didnt like mojo with th600? is it the peaky treble? if yes, then iDSD BL cant do justice for that matter.

If u want better separation and soundstage. Then iDSD is the way to go.

Also remember, iDSD BL has more extended lows and highs compared to mojo. Mids to me is on par. But if you on the 3D, the sound separation is phenomenal but remember about the slight treble spike. (not freaking spike, but just more extended)

It didn't really match well, the lows lacked power. I'm thinking HPA-4BL might be a better match than iDSD BL.

May 22, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #3,397 of 3,438
It didn't really match well, the lows lacked power. I'm thinking HPA-4BL might be a better match than iDSD BL.
If mojo and th600 is not enough lows for you. Im sure you are a basshead. Yepp, idsd xbass is super good too. Well if u just found the better one. Go for it! :)

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #3,398 of 3,438
Anyone tried any of the thx00 dekoni pads with the th600?

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #3,399 of 3,438
Yes. I use them now with the fenestrated 900 pads. And made some plastic rings for inside the pads. In combination with Lawton damping, including the metal cup. Makes for a very open, clear and clean sound. No mid bass emphasis at all anymore and still fantastic deep controlled sub bass. All the changes you can do with damping and pads make a big difference and work differently on the 900, 600 and X00 versions. Seems to me the 900 is the most convincing overall, but the 600 like this is very, very resolving and a great headphone.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #3,401 of 3,438
Any of those pads make the midrange a little more full? I'm ok with the recession, it's just I'm not a fan of its thinness. Also the 6k peak.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #3,402 of 3,438
Any of those pads make the midrange a little more full? I'm ok with the recession, it's just I'm not a fan of its thinness. Also the 6k peak.

fenestrated sheepskin here, almost identical in sound sig compared to the stock pads, a little smoother overall and wider stage though.

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #3,403 of 3,438
fenestrated sheepskin here, almost identical in sound sig compared to the stock pads, a little smoother overall and wider stage though.
Right, is that the th900 or thx00 pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back