Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH 1.0.9 KERNEL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #151 of 298
any shot that we could get a deodoxed version uploaded with the 1.09 kernel I don't mint the wake locks, but the sound difference is apparent to my ears. Thanks either way!!

I

I think I'll move on to 1.1.1 kernel with some kernel tweaks to improve sound quality. I'll apply for free ROM too since sound quality seems important to many though it's still far from advanced version.

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #155 of 298
Apr 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #156 of 298
I finally flashed the player with the 1.0.9 kernel (still had it, since I downloaded the file quite a while ago). If there are big differences between 1.0.9 and 1.1.1, I don't want to switch - 1.0.9 sounds fantastic! Man, I couldn't believe the highs when launched some music and I'm far from being a treblehead. And the sweet mids - oh my,,, Last time when I had an eargasm, it was with the Audeze LCD-2F, so few years back :wink:
Well done, my friend!

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #157 of 298
  I finally flashed the player with the 1.0.9 kernel (still had it, since I downloaded the file quite a while ago). If there are big differences between 1.0.9 and 1.1.1, I don't want to switch - 1.0.9 sounds fantastic! Man, I couldn't believe the highs when launched some music and I'm far from being a treblehead. And the sweet mids - oh my,,, Last time when I had an eargasm, it was with the Audeze LCD-2F, so few years back :wink:
Well done, my friend!

With pleasure. Sadly the current public ROM is now 1.1.1 due to popular demands to fix WiFi wake lock issue. 1.0.9 is available only in advanced ROM now since they all are still OK with 1.0.9 version.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #158 of 298

With pleasure. Sadly the current public ROM is now 1.1.1 due to popular demands to fix WiFi wake lock issue. 1.0.9 is available only in advanced ROM now since they all are still OK with 1.0.9 version.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Very well!

I hope the advanced version will stay with kernel 1.0.9 also with future update``s from Fiio.

Regards,
Jürgen

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #160 of 298
I'm liking the ROM with the 1.0.9 kernel (wake lock not an issue for me, as I don't use wifi at all).
But since the next updates will be with 1.1.1 anyway, what are the differences in sound?

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #161 of 298
  I'm liking the ROM with the 1.0.9 kernel (wake lock not an issue for me, as I don't use wifi at all).
But since the next updates will be with 1.1.1 anyway, what are the differences in sound?

You'll soon find out about it. :wink:

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #162 of 298
Big announcement. Big announcement everyone! Today I'm releasing a breakthrough upgrade for Fiio X5iii product. I haven't released any ROM upgrade at this scale before, not even DX200 (Because it's on modding and I can't do anything about it yet lol).

This update will make even Fiio X5iii sounds superb great to the point that all people who sold X5iii out before will regret their decision. Here's why.

1. Kernel is based on version 1.1.1 with the following tweaks:
-Added ART Runtime compiling optimizations for better sound quality and system performance
-Applied I/O priority optimizations on media/related services
-Optimized storage buffering for optimal sonic performance

2. Battery saving optimizations to make X5iii lasts longer.

This is very important and it's necessary for every X5iii users so I'm updating this in free public ROM too. Changes in advanced version requires a lot of time and effort. I spent days and weeks finishing up Advanced ROM improvements as below.

For Advanced version only

1. All system files (apk/jar) will be optimized with the following optimizations below:

-Graphics are optimized for smaller size having less space and memory consumption
-resources.arsc will be uncompressed for performance
-classes.dex and libraries will be recompressed for less space and memory consumption
-Debugging information removed for better application performance
-Zipaligned

2. Launcher is replaced with Evie Launcher, the smoothest ad-free launcher with low footprints and Pure mode still works.

3. Added HiByMusic app due to popular demands from DX200 Korean users.

This will be the most amazing X5iii experience. You can download this amazing update from here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z13qi91voq6cd52/X5iii-1.1.4-WindowsX-Purist.zip

And for advanced ROM users, please PM me for updates and I'll send you a new version. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #163 of 298
Wow, the tweaks in the 1.1.1 kernel are so good, that you will even use it in the advanced ROM? O_o

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #164 of 298
  Big announcement. Big announcement everyone! Today I'm releasing a breakthrough upgrade for Fiio X5iii product. I haven't released any ROM upgrade at this scale before, not even DX200 (Because it's on modding and I can't do anything about it yet lol).

This update will make even Fiio X5iii sounds superb great to the point that all people who sold X5iii out before will regret their decision. Here's why.

1. Kernel is based on version 1.1.1 with the following tweaks:
-Added ART Runtime compiling optimizations for better sound quality and system performance
-Applied I/O priority optimizations on media/related services
-Optimized storage buffering for optimal sonic performance

2. Battery saving optimizations to make X5iii lasts longer.

This is very important and it's necessary for every X5iii users so I'm updating this in free public ROM too. Changes in advanced version requires a lot of time and effort. I spent days and weeks finishing up Advanced ROM improvements as below.

For Advanced version only

1. All system files (apk/jar) will be optimized with the following optimizations below:

-Graphics are optimized for smaller size having less space and memory consumption
-resources.arsc will be uncompressed for performance
-classes.dex and libraries will be recompressed for less space and memory consumption
-Debugging information removed for better application performance
-Zipaligned

2. Launcher is replaced with Evie Launcher, the smoothest ad-free launcher with low footprints and Pure mode still works.

3. Added HiByMusic app due to popular demands from DX200 Korean users.

This will be the most amazing X5iii experience. You can download this amazing update from here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z13qi91voq6cd52/X5iii-1.1.4-WindowsX-Purist.zip

And for advanced ROM users, please PM me for updates and I'll send you a new version. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Good job :) Wish I had time to mess around with all of this, I would love to help out. I've been out of the ROM modding scene for a while...

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #165 of 298
  Wow, the tweaks in the 1.1.1 kernel are so good, that you will even use it in the advanced ROM? O_o

It's a tough decision but we gotta move forward for the sake of fixing WiFi wake lock issue. If there's no complaints about sound quality dropping in advanced ROM, I'll keep 1.1.1 base.

Good job :) Wish I had time to mess around with all of this, I would love to help out. I've been out of the ROM modding scene for a while...

Thank you. I barely have time to do these projects too nowadays but I already have some advanced ROM users so it's my responsibility now to maintain the ROM for them too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back