Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #406 of 439
  I'm sorry for late reply. I was busy with lots of schedules in this week including HE1 audition too. I only got time to check out forums today.

Maybe it has something to do with double quote " not being used so space can be issues in some cases. Normally batch script will terminate itself after finishing the command. I recommend you to try start command so it will not hold process and can also customize with priority and affinity too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

No worries, I figured you were busy.

Here's the problem: if I use Fidelizer to run my batch file, I'm always left with a command prompt window.  If I run the batch file manually, I get no remaining command prompt windows.

I've played around with the batch file, but to have Fidelizer execute all three steps, I have to have foobar2000 startup as the last step.  I call nircmd to hide the command prompt window, otherwise even running it manually results in a foobar2000 command window.  You can test that by starting foobar2000 from the command line.  Using nircmd was the easiest method I found to hide the command window.  But, for whatever reason, that same command, when Fidelizer executes the batch file, results in the visible command window.

So, like I said, unless you have some specific solution, I'll leave well enough alone, as running the batch file manually works best.

As to why Fidelizer chokes on a batch file with spaces in its name, yet runs fine if I remove the spaces, that ball's in your court 
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #407 of 439

No worries, I figured you were busy.

Here's the problem: if I use Fidelizer to run my batch file, I'm always left with a command prompt window.  If I run the batch file manually, I get no remaining command prompt windows.

I've played around with the batch file, but to have Fidelizer execute all three steps, I have to have foobar2000 startup as the last step.  I call nircmd to hide the command prompt window, otherwise even running it manually results in a foobar2000 command window.  You can test that by starting foobar2000 from the command line.  Using nircmd was the easiest method I found to hide the command window.  But, for whatever reason, that same command, when Fidelizer executes the batch file, results in the visible command window.

So, like I said, unless you have some specific solution, I'll leave well enough alone, as running the batch file manually works best.

As to why Fidelizer chokes on a batch file with spaces in its name, yet runs fine if I remove the spaces, that ball's in your court 
wink.gif

Thank you for your understanding. Maybe calling batch script with Fidelizer will leave that. You can use this command to terminate them all "taskkill /f /im cmd.exe"

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #408 of 439
  Thank you for your understanding. Maybe calling batch script with Fidelizer will leave that. You can use this command to terminate them all "taskkill /f /im cmd.exe"

Regards,
Keetakawee

Dude, your software rocks, plain and simple.  Thanks for taking the time to deal with your customers.  And thanks for the command to try.  I'll incorporate it into the batch file tomorrow and let you know.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #409 of 439
With pleasure. I hope it will work fine. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #411 of 439
  Didn't SoundBlaster use to have something called exactly the same thing? Fidelizer? I remember it was supposed to be a way to restore mp3s to wav or something.

I remember such features to reproduce ambient or details on mp3 to sound similar to WAV format. But none of them called Fidelizer in my memory. Maybe Fidelity something?

Anyway, Fidelizer works differently from that. It optimizes multimedia platform and raise audio performance which can benefit all applications. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #412 of 439
http://www.soundblaster.com/technology/sbx-pro-studio?crystalizer

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #413 of 439
  http://www.soundblaster.com/technology/sbx-pro-studio?crystalizer

That's Crystalizer, not Fidelizer. But I did love those features back in days. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #414 of 439
I've migrated my music collection to a Minix mini pc running iTunes on Windows 10 32bit primarily for streaming to Airport devices and a Raspberry Pi with Moode installation. The PC has a lightweight Intel Atom Z3735F (64-Bit) processor and 2GB of DDR3L ram. I'm only using the PC to stream music (and depending on the room will play via USB through the PC itself). I experience occasional dropouts where the signal cuts out intermittently for periods of time. I'm unsure as to the cause, but suspect it may be some sort of Windows process or possibly wifi traffic. As an experiment I am running the free version of Fidelizer on Audiophile to see if this helps prevent the dropouts. I did try the purist mode but it caused the playback to stutter even more.

My question is: With such a lightweight PC, will Fidelizer work properly/effectively? Also, is it a reasonable expectation that since it prioritizes audio applications it may help with these dropouts? I understand that in the Premium version you can select a system configuration for a streamer. Would that be the best option? This system can't handle a whole lot. Thank you.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #415 of 439
My question is: With such a lightweight PC, will Fidelizer work properly/effectively? Also, is it a reasonable expectation that since it prioritizes audio applications it may help with these dropouts? I understand that in the Premium version you can select a system configuration for a streamer. Would that be the best option? This system can't handle a whole lot. Thank you.

dropouts are usually either a network issue or something associated with settings in your playback software.  with an atom processor, doing something like up-sampling can easily put a cpu over the edge.  i experienced this with my previous caps v3 atom-based machine.

i would not expect fidelizer to eliminate drop-outs.

what else can you tell us about your network/system configuration?

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #416 of 439
I stumbled across fidelizer today and almost dismissed it. Safe to say i'm glad i didn't. I tried the audiophile setting, immediately heard improvements and went for the purist setting. Very cool improvements that i was not expecting at all; A smoother sound, with more detail. Very nice, I ordered the plus and hope to hear from you @WindowsX

What am i waiting for? An email with a download link?

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #418 of 439
I've migrated my music collection to a Minix mini pc running iTunes on Windows 10 32bit primarily for streaming to Airport devices and a Raspberry Pi with Moode installation. The PC has a lightweight Intel Atom Z3735F (64-Bit) processor and 2GB of DDR3L ram. I'm only using the PC to stream music (and depending on the room will play via USB through the PC itself). I experience occasional dropouts where the signal cuts out intermittently for periods of time. I'm unsure as to the cause, but suspect it may be some sort of Windows process or possibly wifi traffic. As an experiment I am running the free version of Fidelizer on Audiophile to see if this helps prevent the dropouts. I did try the purist mode but it caused the playback to stutter even more.

It works fine for my Z64 nuc using the same specs as yours. Maybe it's something related to buffering settings in software? Did you try foobar with configuration according to user guide? Increasing buffering size should decrease dropouts or try it with different networks. Sometimes Airport is very unstable and need to restart to work properly again.

I stumbled across fidelizer today and almost dismissed it. Safe to say i'm glad i didn't. I tried the audiophile setting, immediately heard improvements and went for the purist setting. Very cool improvements that i was not expecting at all; A smoother sound, with more detail. Very nice, I ordered the plus and hope to hear from you @WindowsX

What am i waiting for? An email with a download link?

I saw one Plus order today and sent it now. Happy listening. Be careful of 'bits are bits' objectivists that will hunt you down for believing in placebo effects. :)

Also, how can I use jpay with tidal? I installed it but cant seem to figure it out, there is not Jplay driver output anywhere....

If you use Android device, you can stream music from Tidal to JPLAYStreamer using BubbleuPNP. For desktop, I think you can try ASIO bridge software though I'm not really sure if it'll be seen in Tidal Windows application.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #419 of 439
dropouts are usually either a network issue or something associated with settings in your playback software.  with an atom processor, doing something like up-sampling can easily put a cpu over the edge.  i experienced this with my previous caps v3 atom-based machine.

i would not expect fidelizer to eliminate drop-outs.

what else can you tell us about your network/system configuration?

It works fine for my Z64 nuc using the same specs as yours. Maybe it's something related to buffering settings in software? Did you try foobar with configuration according to user guide? Increasing buffering size should decrease dropouts or try it with different networks. Sometimes Airport is very unstable and need to restart to work properly again.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thanks for responding. I'm streaming wirelessly through the latest AirPort Extreme acting as router to an Rpi with Digi+ hat, and 3rd and 4th gen Airport Expresses, all of which are outputting to external dacs. Between my wife and I our network traffic could very likely be a bit "congested", if that's a thing, as we have numerous devices accessing the wifi network such as a couple iPads, PS4, phones, etc. I haven't noticed any kind of pattern to the dropouts, however, and will often stream to the Rpi while playing PS4 online without issue. It's due to the lack of predictability that I wonder if it's a Windows proces causing the system to hang. The good news is that since launching in Audiophile mode the other day I have yet to experience more than one drop out. Fingers crossed.

As for software, I am unfortunately somewhat married to iTunes due to the Airport devices as well as my current system of Smart Playlists and related metadata (album ratings, date added, etc). If there were an alternative player that could replicate iTunes smart playlist function, as well as import my ratings and other metadata I would definitely check it out.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #420 of 439
Thanks for responding. I'm streaming wirelessly through the latest AirPort Extreme acting as router to an Rpi with Digi+ hat, and 3rd and 4th gen Airport Expresses, all of which are outputting to external dacs. Between my wife and I our network traffic could very likely be a bit "congested", if that's a thing, as we have numerous devices accessing the wifi network such as a couple iPads, PS4, phones, etc. I haven't noticed any kind of pattern to the dropouts, however, and will often stream to the Rpi while playing PS4 online without issue. It's due to the lack of predictability that I wonder if it's a Windows proces causing the system to hang. The good news is that since launching in Audiophile mode the other day I have yet to experience more than one drop out. Fingers crossed.

As for software, I am unfortunately somewhat married to iTunes due to the Airport devices as well as my current system of Smart Playlists and related metadata (album ratings, date added, etc). If there were an alternative player that could replicate iTunes smart playlist function, as well as import my ratings and other metadata I would definitely check it out.

I'm glad to hear it works fine now with Audiophile mode. I don't understand why Smart Playlist requires Airport Express though.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back