Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 27, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #423 of 1,113
Why don't u go there first - maybe something new on the horizon that you have overlooked?

You don't chase the future. The present is now. I just want to go and have a feel for a large exhibition of audio gear that includes stereo as well as head-fi companies. It was my dealer who told me about the show.

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #424 of 1,113
When I looked at the stats, I was shocked. I've been posting too much in the last month. Time to wind down. :)

... and tomorrow I'll audition Ragnarok and Violectric V281 at A2A one more time and walk out of the shop with one of them. :gs1000smile:

20170728_202402.jpg

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #425 of 1,113
Can't wait to read your impressions of the audition !

I listened to the BHSE in a quiet hotel room today with both the 009 and 007. Again the 009 sounded unforgiving. The 007 was more tolerant yet it sounded more like a very good dynamic headphone...so it is looking like stats may not be my priority rig . Dac was the oppo ha-1 fed with iTunes downloads from my iPhone . Cables was mid tier audio quest ones.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #426 of 1,113
Question is what why were you in a quiet hotel room? Well I will be in a Hotel room too on Sunday but it won't be quiet. It's the Hotel Intercontinental where Bill Clinton stayed when he visited as President.

My impressions of the audition is just one side of the story. It's what happens when I take the beast home. :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #427 of 1,113
Oh gosh, Addicted To Audio will have private audition of Sennheiser HE1, the Michaelangelo's creation that cost AUD$75,000 at the show.

I am hoping to get a listen...... one listen and I will be satisfied. One listen is all I ask. :ksc75smile:

17760879_1412335625479290_6538170655363999856_o.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #428 of 1,113
Question.

My Euforia is arriving soon. Now I'm wondering what is the proper "launch" procedure if there is any. I would say first powering on my CD player, then the amp, then plug in my headphones? I don't have a clue about these things, so is there any best procedure?
And yes I'm aware of the burn in period.... Sigh.

Althalus

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #429 of 1,113
Question.

My Euforia is arriving soon. Now I'm wondering what is the proper "launch" procedure if there is any. I would say first powering on my CD player, then the amp, then plug in my headphones? I don't have a clue about these things, so is there any best procedure?
And yes I'm aware of the burn in period.... Sigh.

Althalus

Congrats Althalus. You're moving fast. :ksc75smile:

My source is always on, so whenever I want to listen to music, it's Euforia that I switch on. So the logical steps would be source, amp, power up in that order. Though you could almost power them up simultaneously it wouldn't matter. Same goes for shut down. I don't see a need for a procedure.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #433 of 1,113
It would probably benefit with a 10 mins warm up but I rarely wait that long. As soon as I power on Euforia and I see the tubes lighted, I'm ready to play my music. I guess any further warm up is accomplished along the way.

Btw, I'm running with Psvane 6sn7 and RCA 6as7g for many days now. Seems fine to me with HD800 and Yggy in the setup. I don't even feel the need to call upon my better tubes.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #434 of 1,113
It would probably benefit with a 10 mins warm up but I rarely wait that long. As soon as I power on Euforia and I see the tubes lighted, I'm ready to play my music. I guess any further warm up is accomplished along the way.

Btw, I'm running with Psvane 6sn7 and RCA 6as7g for many days now. Seems fine to me with HD800 and Yggy in the setup. I don't even feel the need to call upon my better tubes.

Oh I agree, I sometimes jump in before letting my Espressivo fully warm up, but it's good practice to let them warm up I suppose...

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #435 of 1,113
Question is what why were you in a quiet hotel room? Well I will be in a Hotel room too on Sunday but it won't be quiet. It's the Hotel Intercontinental where Bill Clinton stayed when he visited as President.

My impressions of the audition is just one side of the story. It's what happens when I take the beast home. :)

It was a private invitation to an audition of the new Stax T8000 amp but i was there solely for the BHSE/009/007 combo. So tempting. Good power, good dynamics and that sweet tube-inflicted mid-range which in comparison made my Carbon sound slightly drier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back