Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 29, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #451 of 1,113
Congrats! :)

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #453 of 1,113
I'll be able to hear it again in a few months. We have our fall Head-fi meet coming up. Not that would ever be able to afford it. Lol. My first child is due in December and wife and I will be moving next summer.

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #455 of 1,113
The Eikon will be great on both of your amps :)

The same impedance as the HD800, the 85% closed design should make for some wonderful bass

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #456 of 1,113
Hmm..I've a better understanding of the Amp's capabilities from reading your impressions . I'm now looking at something similar but less pricey. Keep it cheep I say :p

I didn't think I'll be so caught up with solid state. I thought I will remain a staunch tube amp guy forever. Now I can enjoy the best of both. Tube amps will never match a good solid state for it's incredible transients and details. I might be wrong because I have not heard the really top tube amps yet ...

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #457 of 1,113
I'll be able to hear it again in a few months. We have our fall Head-fi meet coming up. Not that would ever be able to afford it. Lol. My first child is due in December and wife and I will be moving next summer.

Aww congrats. :blush:

There's a time for everything. A season for the time of your life. As incredible as head-fi is, nothing beats like having your first child. I wish you every happiness as you embark on this journey.

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #458 of 1,113
Aww congrats. :blush:

There's a time for everything. A season for the time of your life. As incredible as head-fi is, nothing beats like having your first child. I wish you every happiness as you embark on this journey.

Thank you! I am VERY excited about things to come!
I also can't wait to move out of this apartment and get a home. I do enjoy rocking out on the stereo system! My neighbors not so much.

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #459 of 1,113
The Eikon will be great on both of your amps :)

The same impedance as the HD800, the 85% closed design should make for some wonderful bass

I expect to be blown away when I first listen to Eikon. Just as I was blown away when I heard Audeze LCD2.2 today for the first time in balanced mode on Yggy and Rggy. I wonder why it took me so long to hear the LCD2.2 but then perhaps I need to hear it on this combo. Now I know what the planar bass fuss is all about... and the rich mid range.

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #460 of 1,113
Hmm..I've a better understanding of the Amp's capabilities from reading your impressions . I'm now looking at something similar but less pricey. Keep it cheep I say :p

@HPLobster got the Gumby and Mjolnir 2. Together with Elise, HD800 and LCD-3, he has retired to a life of musical zen and meditation. I think he's a contended man now. He has attained his nirvana. :ksc75smile:

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #461 of 1,113
No time for a proper photo shoot. This is the best I've managed so far. I've been listening since afternoon 2pm till now 9pm. I have a little fan to keep Ragnarok cool and from invading earth.

Would you believe it? As transparent sounding as Rag is, it is also very natural. There's a hint of tube tone. Uncanny. Going through my hi-rez files now. Head bobbing and feet tapping. Throat is still sore from viral infection but who cares. :ksc75smile:

20170729_135646.jpg

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #462 of 1,113
I didn't think I'll be so caught up with solid state. I thought I will remain a staunch tube amp guy forever. Now I can enjoy the best of both. Tube amps will never match a good solid state for it's incredible transients and details. I might be wrong because I have not heard the really top tube amps yet ...

I must say Glenn amps are as close to having the transient and dynamic abilities of a good solid state amp. No other tube amp I've heard have this ability to be transparent yet natural sounding at the same time. And at very competitive prices.

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #463 of 1,113
I must say Glenn amps are as close to having the transient and dynamic abilities of a good solid state amp. No other tube amp I've heard have this ability to be transparent yet natural sounding at the same time. And at very competitive prices.

Dammm. His amps must be something special..... I should ask him for a loaner... :ksc75smile:

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #464 of 1,113
This isn't my photo but it's how the back of my units are connected... I mean the same xlr balanced cables and power cords. Only difference is I use an Audioquest USB cable and I have a pair of RCA out to Euforia.

Ragnarok & Yggdrasil rear.jpg

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #465 of 1,113
U won't get a loaner coz there's no spare units. Those put up for sale invariably gets sold very quickly. The amps are legendary among enthusiasts. One day u need to own one. U really do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back