Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 20, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #3,168 of 11,472
Thanks, so there is a V1.1 of Elise out there, the renewed Elise. I did not know that.

Question: Cannot Feliks Audio replace the same internals as of Euforia inside of Elise? I know you cannot put bigger transformer because of size constraint but other stuff like wires, resistors, and capacitors can be done. Even you can do it yourself if you know how to solder. Or, send it to Feliks Audio and get it done by them. This will be my next question to Lukasz as well.

I definitely want HD800 as my next HPs after the T1 experience. And Yggy is definitely a great DAC, beyond my reach.

I have Edifier R1280T, basically a gift from my bank :)

A renewed Elise is basically a new Elise with all internals, including sockets replaced, saved for the transformer and chassis. Lukasz also told me it's upgraded to current 2017 Elise specs as you would see on their website.

So I've basically a new Euforia and a new Elise with me.

If you scroll back far enough, you would see my ecstatic posts about the the Yggy and HD800 that I bought one fine Sat morning at Addicted To Audio. No man, I don't see my system as light years ahead of yours. It's not a contest or a show but it is first and foremost for my personal enjoyment. It's what I like most at this point in my life. I just love listening to music on a headfi system.

When I bought Yggy, I was also very keen on Schiit's Ragnorak amp. It is both headphone balanced amp as well as a speaker amp. Many have used it to drive KEF LS50 and are enjoying it.

What studio monitors do you have?

Btw, Yggdrasil is simply sensational ...... and there's no hype here. :) I don't really care if I'm accused of hype here because quite simply Yggy changes my system and elevated it to a level I would never imagined possible. The micro details are intoxicating. So is the chest thumping bass and a soundstage that is nigh perfect. It even take Euforia's clarity and purism up another level. Finally HD800 just bring it all together to make it my end game system. I'm done with upgrade because I know that to better what I hear now, would involve silly money.

I'll do a comprehensive review of Elise vs Euforia in a few weeks time.... when I have listened to both very thoroughly and after Elise is fully burn in.

I need a single GEC 6AS7G to make a pair, but still don't have the courage to spend another 250$ on a single tube.

Also from zero Gec 6as7g, I've 3 incoming now plus a NOS NIB pair of Gec 6080. All of a sudden I've GECs coming out of my ears and my money out of my wallet, faster than the speed of light.

Have been listening to the Gec 6080 for about 2 weeks now. Got them for $160 per pair from the seller in New Zealand. It is indeed very good. Love it as much as the Bendix 6080wb but with a different flavour.

The NOS NIB Gec 6as7g that I've coming is the best example of a prime, new as can be pair of Gec 6as7g I've seen. The data specs is near perfect. I've also bought a used Gec 6as7g for $80. Now maybe I'll find another used one and hang the NOS pair on the wall. :)

Awesome, I crave for Euforia already. I wish I had enough space on my desktop.

Elise is about 16 hours in from 1st power on. Unless further burn in can transform her quite dramatically, I'd have to say that the difference with Euforia is quite noticeable. Euforia is several steps up in euphony. It is a more saturated, textured and holographic tone. There is more meat and fat to the bones. There's a fluidity to Euforia that makes it sound very natural and pleasing on the ears. Heck, it tames the HD800 and makes it sounds soothing on the ears.

If I didn't listen to Euforia, Elise sounds very, very good. However once you listen to both, Elise does sound leaner and not as juicy a steak as Euforia. Soundstage is perceptibly wider, higher and deeper on Euforia and bass is stronger too. On a good recording, that's where you hear the more startling difference. Euforia just has that much more micro details. You're able to pin point where instruments sound emanates from more precisely with Euforia than Elise. Not a whole lot more but enough to make the difference.

These are my initial ramblings. Not posting this on Elise thread. Lest I cast Dante's sorrow on them. :smile_phones:

Lukasz nailed the review in one line.

Yeah I agree with Lukasz assessment that Euforia is a few leagues above Elise but I like to emphasised that Elise is a very lovely sounding OTL amp. I have no intention of putting it away.

In fact, I'll alternate the 2 amps on a long listening sessions. 2 to 3 hours on each. :)

I am sure you are moving out of your study and into a bigger space soon :D

It's getting very crowded now. I'm losing it... now which headphone is connected to which amp and what am I listening to? This is not even factoring which tubes I'm using. Fun times.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #3,169 of 11,472
Thanks, so there is a V1.1 of Elise out there, the renewed Elise. I did not know that.
Nope. There is only one renewed Elise and that is mine. :)

Question: Cannot Feliks Audio replace the same internals as of Euforia inside of Elise? I know you cannot put bigger transformer because of size constraint but other stuff like wires, resistors, and capacitors can be done. Even you can do it yourself if you know how to solder. Or, send it to Feliks Audio and get it done by them. This will be my next question to Lukasz as well.
Nope. Euforia is best in her new chassis and you cannot replicate Euforia even if you try. It just would not be genuine without the Master Henryk's touch. Any imitation would be just like a cheap clone - like those that come out of the back alley of China.

I definitely want HD800 as my next HPs after the T1 experience. And Yggy is definitely a great DAC, beyond my reach.
Life without Yggy is a life less wonderful. Sell your camels, sandals and pajamas and buy Yggy. You'll live to regret if you don't.

I have Edifier R1280T, basically a gift from my bank :)
I have no idea what that is. It could be a Kodak instamatic.

I need a single GEC 6AS7G to make a pair, but still don't have the courage to spend another 250$ on a single tube.
Sell your oil well and buy a good pair of GEC 6as7g. Life is less wonderful without it.

Awesome, I crave for Euforia already. I wish I had enough space on my desktop.
Even if you have to put Euforia on the ceiling, get it. Life is definitely less wonderful without it.

Lukasz nailed the review in one line.
Fortunately you use the word nailed and not some obscene word.

I am sure you are moving out of your study and into a bigger space soon :D
See the enclosed picture of my new listening space.

20170514_070854.jpg

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #3,170 of 11,472
Just please don't divulge any proprietary secrets to your new best friend, Jason :ksc75smile:

Of course not. We're going to buy a factory and produce GEC 6as7g tubes again. You are in charge of producing the GEC boxes since you have it as your avatar. CF will do the tube curing and H1 will be in charge of final testing. I will do sales.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #3,171 of 11,472
Great idea, can't wait, why I can cure anything!

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #3,172 of 11,472
Of course not. We're going to buy a factory and produce GEC 6as7g tubes again. You are in charge of producing the GEC boxes since you have it as your avatar. CF will do the tube curing and H1 will be in charge of final testing. I will do sales.

Great idea, can't wait, why I can cure anything!

Since I'm in charge of the box, I have already started redesigning it to say "MADE ON UT'S UNPAINTED DECK" in place of "MADE IN ENGLAND" We don't need no factory when his deck will be free. I'm taking charge of finances. Also will serve as legal counsel for the venture. With UT in charge of marketing we'll need all the legal protection we can get.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #3,173 of 11,472
Still think we need H1 for testing, can not trust UT to do a bang up job on the manufacturing!

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #3,175 of 11,472
It will make interesting packaging!

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #3,176 of 11,472
You keep an eye on him! He may be shipping cuttings of agave in those boxes!

That is a light bulb moment. Instead of manufacturing tubes, we will market Agave for it's medicinal values. It's better than aloe vera.

Oh well, we still need GEC 6as7g so we will combine the 2 and produce a green GEC 6as7g for it's medicinal values.

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #3,177 of 11,472
Interesting you should mention Agave. I happen to know quite a bit about it, but super top secret. Mum's the word. My lips are sealed. Lose lips sink ships. Those who don't know are talking; those who know are keeping silent. Etc.

First time for TS5998s in my Euforia. Absolutely wonderful. I am coming to believe that Euforia is so good that tubes may not be as critical as they are in Elise.

TS5998-2.jpg

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #3,178 of 11,472
Sooooo you know all there is to know about agave! Is there a way to extract the alcohol and would it be profitable after many, many trial runs to check flavor?

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,179 of 11,472
Jun 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #3,180 of 11,472
Sooooo you know all there is to know about agave! Is there a way to extract the alcohol and would it be profitable after many, many trial runs to check flavor?

Check the favor???? Does not compute!!! I don't understand connection between flavor and alcohol. Food has flavor. Alcohol is for transcendental meditation (or is that medication???). Which has got me thinking. If we really want to score big we should develop a desktop alcohol dispensing system which allows HeadFiers to remain completely inanimate for hours listening and sucking alcohol from a tube (that's a round thing like a hose - not a vacuum tube that .... oh never mind). We'll sell it with a bonus liquid collection platter for the chair to sit upon. I even have a novel and unique name for our company - Piiss Audio.

It has not gone without notice that you seemed to saw fit to respond to my comment about Agave, but said nothing about my beautiful and wonderful TS5998s !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back