Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #8,041 of 40,582
Shees... Some people have liquid luck running through their veins. You better enjoy it for the both of us! j/k :wink:
I am curious about your findings with the Ares II+. I understand it is not as bright as the Ares II? How are the ergonomics, are they very thick?

Bit of an ineffective comparison as my Ares II+ is balanced, and my Leonidas is single ended, but my knee jerk reaction from a bit of cable rolling if that the sound is a little thicker and less airy on the Ares, with the Leonidas sounding a slight buy sharper. Not a cable believer or disbeliever, so the increased substance could easily just be the balanced connection.

Ergonomics are fantastic on both cables, no weight or use issues.

I'm actually enjoying the presentation of the Ares II+ very much on the Zeus-XR, with the additional perceived body from the cable or balanced output adding a little fun to the already impressive sound. Have a balanced SPC 8-braid to compare on the Zeus at some point as well, so will try and do it properly (volume matching, same source etc) to see where I end up falling on the cable debate. Another potentially expensive avenue of research! :wink:

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #8,042 of 40,582
Have come to the conclusion that Ares II+ / OPUS #3 balanced out / Zeus-XR /The Dark Knight soundtrack is quite simply one of the best ways to spend an hour wandering around the city on your lunchbreak.

I'm not even a massive fan of soundtracks, but that was just mind blowingly good. Definitely opened my eyes to the possibility of cable/balanced output effects.

Time for more research, I think! :wink:

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #8,044 of 40,582
Ares II+ is around £200/$250, Leonidas is around $799 from memory (I won the Leonidas in the same competition as the Zeus).

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #8,045 of 40,582
pwaudio n5 is good also, I have the 8 braid version and it is not too expensive (4braid is good too)

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #8,046 of 40,582
Something arrived to day...

Box 01.jpg
Box 02.jpg
Spartan 01.jpg

In for review, EE Spartan IV!

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #8,048 of 40,582
I think you'll like it. Not much hype but that's a solid phone.

I get that impression immediately. Right away, I like what I'm hearing. A lot.

And godd@mn, they turned out lovelier than I expected. I went for a kind of Kill Bill Vol.1 color scheme, but the richness and glint of the yellow has made it something even more special.

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #8,051 of 40,582
Nice! Great to hear they've finally come! I thought you were getting the Supra-II ADEL?

Let's just say something made me changed my mind. =)

Once it's here in my house, I'll give it a good few days of listening in before I give my opinion. =D

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #8,053 of 40,582
Let's just say something made me changed my mind. =)

Once it's here in my house, I'll give it a good few days of listening in before I give my opinion. =D

Which model are they? Got some custom Athena's coming in a few weeks to keep my Zeus company, but as everyone is putting up pics of their EE bling, I'll just leave these here in the meanwhile... :wink:
IMG_20170725_223051423.jpg

IMG_20170725_223010905.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170725_223010905.jpg
    IMG_20170725_223010905.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #8,054 of 40,582
Which model are they? Got some custom Athena's coming in a few weeks to keep my Zeus company, but as everyone is putting up pics of their EE bling, I'll just leave these here in the meanwhile... :wink:

They're Supra Revision. (The ones that many praised during this year's CanJam in Singapore and maybe other events that I missed since I was busy that time...)

So...I'll need some time to play around with this new Supra and get a feel on just how good it sounds compared to what I remembered from my experience with the original Supra.

Also, that's an amazing looking Zeus Custom you got there. Great choice of color and design :smile_phones:

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #8,055 of 40,582
Something arrived to day...

In for review, EE Spartan IV!

Absolute beauts!

They're Supra Revision. (The ones that many praised during this year's CanJam in Singapore and maybe other events that I missed since I was busy that time...)

So...I'll need some time to play around with this new Supra and get a feel on just how good it sounds compared to what I remembered from my experience with the original Supra.

Also, that's an amazing looking Zeus Custom you got there. Great choice of color and design :smile_phones:

Oh yeah! I forgot the Supra-II had a revision in the works! I think the Spartan did as well last I heard. Regardless, I'll make sure to give those two a try when demo units hit Music Sanctuary; I reckon they'll be really impressive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back